Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pokemon used to not be as gay

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Pokemon vs. Digimon

8a467dq.png
there are losers out there saying shit like ‘digimon sucks because the designs are too edgy, liek, wolf with guns and rockets and knives lmao cringe!! cool mecha knights are totally gay compared to generic cutesy animals’

fucking faggots

Gastrick

Cipher
Pokemon vs. Digimon

8a467dq.png
there are losers out there saying shit like ‘digimon sucks because the designs are too edgy, liek, wolf with guns and rockets and knives lmao cringe!! cool mecha knights are totally gay compared to generic cutesy animals’

fucking faggots

Yeah, I know. It's easy to see how gay pokemon is, comparing the designs with mecha-knight Omnimon,
76wcjwr.jpg

Cartoon is also much better. Actually has a plot instead episodic team rocket nonsense, and the main character isn't a soyboy. Most the episodes gave a cool new transformation to one of the digimon. Uses the isekai concept better than light novels do, where they actually go back to the real world, and the digimon become reverse-isekai'd. Also that the two worlds interact, where chaos in the other world affects the real one as well.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Digimon Tamers was the best season after the first one. Everything else except the Last Evolution movie of Digimon shows are shit. Pokemon shows are good when Ash and co DO NOT show up and/or have actual production values.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
NO

all digimons are fucking awesome, even the shitty ones

only one that sucked irredeemable ass was Tri. even xros wars and its trash sequel are better. even appmon is better.

liek, did you even see Savers, that show is fucking HYPE. the ideal shounen, peak performance

Duraframe300

Arcane
Digimon Tamers was the best season after the first one. Everything else except the Last Evolution movie of Digimon shows are shit. Pokemon shows are good when Ash and co DO NOT show up and/or have actual production values.
Nah, Savers protagonist was punching Digimon in the face left and right. That alone makes it a fun watch.

I agree in principle though. Digimon Adventure, Tamers, Savers were the good ones. I actually like parts of Xross/Fusion too. First season of that show is underrated. Second was straight trash.

02, Frontier and whatever came after the first season of Xross is straight trash. (May be harsh on 02, but honestly did not like where the original story went after Adventure. Only got worse with Tri.) (Haven't watched the new one (Ghost?) though, so can't comment on that one).

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
wut

02 + frontier >>>>>>>>>>>> xros wars

unless you like watching some kid win every battle automatically while his useless friends do nothing. and then the rival shows up to be a faggit. great show.

But actually, Shoutmon, Dorulumon, Cutemon, best boiz. And the sequel gets Gumdramon, redeeming the entire dumb series.

does xros wars have LITERALLY HITLER? nope.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
Digimon Ghost Game has been a pleasant surprise for me, has the potential to be the best season since Tamers (though it's still early to tell). The character dynamics are fun, and the kids' horror vibe they went for is neat. My main complaint so far is that they overuse the "oh the villain of the week wasn't actually malicious" plot beat, but they made up for it with one of the best obligatory dark evolution episodes in the franchise, so we'll see how it goes. Also they got the key ingredient for a good Digimon series: a banger OP.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Digimon Ghost Game has been a pleasant surprise for me, has the potential to be the best season since Tamers (though it's still early to tell). The character dynamics are fun, and the kids' horror vibe they went for is neat. My main complaint so far is that they overuse the "oh the villain of the week wasn't actually malicious" plot beat, but they made up for it with one of the best obligatory dark evolution episodes in the franchise, so we'll see how it goes. Also they got the key ingredient for a good Digimon series: a banger OP.

Nice, will check it out.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Digimon >>>>> Pokémon

I remember liking the anime much more, and I still cry at the last Digimon episode (original series).

It also has loads of fuckable Digimon, which is always a bonus. And its Digimon designs rocked overall.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
the targeted elitist that thinks all JRPG's are trash and people that like Pokemon aren't real RPG fans. I've seen the types. They might show up.
Hi.

I'm late but I'm here.

It's really no surprise faggots are attracted to Poke-a-man, a game all about kids fondling monster balls.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Lol, modern digimon are trash, over-detailed cartoon monsters are the saddest thing ever.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
I'm playing pokemon black on an emulator. It's better than I expected. Some bold decisions from gamefreak, like only having new pokemon, too bad it looks liked they pussied out and caved to popular demand in subsequent titles. I'm on the fence about the artwork, some of the new mon designs are cool but a lot are fucking stupid looking. I know the pokemon nerds screech whenever its said, but I dont care if its a cliche because its absolutely true: the designs peaked in gen 2 (gold/silver).

Surprisingly challenging? No pokemon game is "hard" but so far what I've encountered is not a pushover. Mind you, I almost never grind. I don't get why people do that, I tend to take the view that level curves are intentional and trying to get the player to employ better strategy, not just waste hours grinding their pokemon to level match.

What can I say, I like it.

lightbane

Arcane
First minutes of the game.
Wow, it gets better. Arceus game is a fucking isekai, a bad one unlike the MD Pokemon games. Your avatar even shows up with a literal god-phone to justify the menus, kek. Completely unnecessary, but fitting for modern audience I guess.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Pokemon emerald still the best pokemon main entry release because battle frontier. I spent months only to get silver all facilities as a kid. Sadly they never introduced it again because muh too hard, most kids cannot beat it and we must cut costs.
Btw mystery dungeon spinoff serie is superior and much more fun than the main one

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom