Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Numbers for the main puzzle in the Heart of Mystery now fill properly when puzzle behind the portal on the corresponding side is solved.
CjQIWaK.png
Looks like this shit was so unbelievably hard to figure out is because it was BUGGED ALL ALONG!

Humbaba

Arcane
Plebbit says you need 19 notes to finish the quest but all 20 to auto solve the lexicon, meaning that you will only decipher it at Threshold because that is where the last note is. I could always try to fish for a 20 on the skill check but I am in no hurry.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
so people actually solved purely on trial and error earlier?
First solution was found by looking at the game's code, and tiny bit later someone figured it out that you need to use other four puzzles in the Heart of Mystery as a "legend" for the main one. Turned out, this leap of logic was never needed, since data from secondary puzzles fill slots on main one automatically, when not bugged.
You don't need all of them. On my first run I know for certain I missed the notes in Iz and still got the Storyteller to decipher the damn thing.
Afaik, there were several extra pages in early versions of the game (in Gwerm mansion for example), but Owlcat patched them out at some point and now you need to find all, including some obscure pages, like correctly deciphering Vrock note from Molten Scar.
Plebbit says you need 19 notes to finish the quest but all 20 to auto solve the lexicon, meaning that you will only decipher it at Threshold because that is where the last note is. I could always try to fish for a 20 on the skill check but I am in no hurry.
1. Fishing for 20 on Skill check is useless in Pathfinder - there is no Critical Success for skill checks here.
2. I have read Lexion on character with zero Lore investment with some egregious buffing and items like:
- +10-15 Competence from items, there are items with +10 version for all Lores, and +15 All Goggles from Crusade Management choice.
- +4 Food
- +8-10 Sosiel's Touch of Good, maybe Madness Domain buff
- +Int and + Wis Items and buffs for extra +2-3
- +3 Insight all Lores robe from the Cold Waters quest
- +4 Morale Higher Heroism
Put Brilliant Inspiration (Bard lvl 6 spell, there is scroll in Blackwater) on top, get some Luck Hex and you will barely need reloads even for the dumbest MC in creation.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Lich is best dispel character.

No, is not. Aivu could get 35th caster level. Lich is capped at 30. Sure, devour magic still a amazing spell in dispelling but Aivu has higher chance of dispelling enemies. Or to be more precise HAD(now she is nerfed)
Aivu was better at dispelling, but the lich giving the enemy -X AC/Saves/AB/Damage was an amazing bonus and well worth losing a few ticks in the DC. Now Aivu is pretty bad at dispels, and super nerfed in general (and tbh her AC was always way way too low to participate in melee). Glad I already finished my azata run.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Little did I know that Fury's Fall stacks with the Agile Maneuvers (Combat Maneuvers use DEX instead of STR).
Thus a measly 11th level animal companion has got chuckles and walks in the park tripping the late game (four-legged!!) Vavakias.

aaa.jpg

*It says Strenght in the attack roll, but that's a bug-typo. It is really a DEX modifier, checked it.

Humbaba

Arcane
so people actually solved purely on trial and error earlier?
First solution was found by looking at the game's code, and tiny bit later someone figured it out that you need to use other four puzzles in the Heart of Mystery as a "legend" for the main one. Turned out, this leap of logic was never needed, since data from secondary puzzles fill slots on main one automatically, when not bugged.
You don't need all of them. On my first run I know for certain I missed the notes in Iz and still got the Storyteller to decipher the damn thing.
Afaik, there were several extra pages in early versions of the game (in Gwerm mansion for example), but Owlcat patched them out at some point and now you need to find all, including some obscure pages, like correctly deciphering Vrock note from Molten Scar.
1. Fishing for 20 on Skill check is useless in Pathfinder - there is no Critical Success for skill checks here.
2. I have read Lexion on character with zero Lore investment with some egregious buffing and items like:
- +10-15 Competence from items, there are items with +10 version for all Lores, and +15 All Goggles from Crusade Management choice.
- +4 Food
- +8-10 Sosiel's Touch of Good, maybe Madness Domain buff
- +Int and + Wis Items and buffs for extra +2-3
- +3 Insight all Lores robe from the Cold Waters quest
- +4 Morale Higher Heroism
Put Brilliant Inspiration (Bard lvl 6 spell, there is scroll in Blackwater) on top, get some Luck Hex and you will barely need reloads even for the dumbest MC in creation.
Interesting. Will consider, should it turn out I missed a page somewhere. The Molten Scar notes apparently do not need deciphering if you do the bluff or intimidate check on Vorimerak so she drops the notes and runs off, which I did thankfully.

I'm going through Enigma right now to get the last crystal and supposedly the last note required to finish the quest, after which I'll only need to get the extra one in Threshold. If the quest does not get completed then I'll know I've fucked up somewhere.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Little did I know that Fury's Fall stacks with the Agile Maneuvers (Combat Maneuvers use DEX instead of STR).
Thus a measly 11th level animal companion has got chuckles and walks in the park tripping the late game (four-legged!!) Vavakias.

aaa.jpg

*It says Strenght in the attack roll, but that's a bug-typo. It is really a DEX modifier, checked it.

Cool bracers, think I've missed them. Need to speak with Wolfjit.

But what might the "Other" +11 bonus be?

Humbaba

Arcane
I'm not too stoked about this DLC either, if it is really just a chain of sidequests full with throne of bhaal style 20 minute combat encounters and not a continuation of the story, as was suggested.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Little did I know that Fury's Fall stacks with the Agile Maneuvers....

Cool bracers, think I've missed them. Need to speak with Wolfjit.

But what might the "Other" +11 bonus be?

That is a really good question, the bonus seems to come out of nowhere O.o

- After some investigation, I thought it might be due to the Azata's Incredible Might. But forgoing the bonus hasn't changed anything.
- Maybe something from the Divine Hunter / Celestial Animal Companion Leopard - Bully synergy? Though I went through all those bonuses, none say anything about a bigger CMB.
- The Leopard's combat Feats are Weapon's Finesse (already in the attack log), Fury's Fall (already in the attack log), Agile Maneuvers (already in the attack log).
- The only clue is that this bonus is not present in the normal attack, only at the first attack of the round (bite --> trip attempt).
I'm flamberghasted.

I've tested - an attack without any spells and without the charge. Now it's not +11 but +7.
aaa.jpg

None of the following state some "hidden" +7 to CMB or Attack

bbb.jpg

The items are "normal". They don't add any bonus that isn't already seen in the attack log.
ccc.jpg

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Has anyone tested Sturdy Snoot that gives +12 to Mobility and Killing Pace bow that adds 1/2 of Mobility score to damage? It should amount to neat +6 damage.
In my case, The Sturdy Snoot really adds to the mobility, but the inflicted damage range (shown after the hit in the combat log) hasn't changed.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This +5 speed composite longbow allows its wielder to add half his ranks in Mobility as a competence bonus to damage on a successful hit.
The ranks are the increases of a skill on level ups, not the total value. There can be no more than 20 ranks of any skill on anyone but Legend, and the score increases from other sources do not count.

P.S.: this person can not read for shit, huh.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Aivu was better at dispelling, but the lich giving the enemy -X AC/Saves/AB/Damage was an amazing bonus and well worth losing a few ticks in the DC. Now Aivu is pretty bad at dispels, and super nerfed in general (and tbh her AC was always way way too low to participate in melee). Glad I already finished my azata run.

Not only in dispelling spells. She used to be amazing casting magic resistance. Nowdays magic resistance only worths for the classes with merged spellbooks.

Humbaba

Arcane
There can be no story after closing the Worldwound, because
as far as I understand not all Mythic paths outlive it
The devs can retcon and contrive anything they want tbh. Even if your guy offed himself at the end, they could still have Pharasma boot your ass back to Golarion for whatever reason. I'm sure they could think of something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom