Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

Yosharian

Arcane
Seems mostly positive

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
FKmzmcuWUAcX3JU

:prosper:

Artyoan

Arbiter
Looks like I'll wait for a patch or two and then buy. Dying Light 1 got similar reviews on its release and a lot of these write ups are docking points for a poor story which I don't give a shit about.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I know, and it sucks. But at least the current state of AAA and massive technical issues at release saves me a lot of money.

Zog

Novice
All that shilling and it could only make a 77 percent rating.

Now that's funny.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If the parkour is good and combat is improved from the first game then it's a win. IIRC, first game was pretty buggy on release too.

Who could have predicted that a studio with no real narrative writing experience (and fired the only guy who did) would produce something with subpar writing. Truly a mystery for the ages.

:hmmm:

Gradenmayer

Learned
First Dying Light with it's 74 score was 10 times better as a game than any 'uncharted', 'god of war' and other dogshit that gets 95 from 'critics'.

If this has 76 it's even better.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The fixes seem to address a lot of the issues that reviewers were complaining about to be fair

Which means by not fixing them a few days earlier (or supplying the critics with their patch before the end of the embargo) Techland managed to kick itself in the balls.

The reviews are already out and the metacritic score is at least several points lower than it could have been. Hopefully user reviews will be more enthusiastic and the game gets promoted by word of mouth.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
The fixes seem to address a lot of the issues that reviewers were complaining about to be fair

Which means by not fixing them a few days earlier (or supplying the critics with their patch before the end of the embargo) Techland managed to kick itself in the balls.

The reviews are already out and the metacritic score is at least several points lower than it could have been. Hopefully user reviews will be more enthusiastic and tge game gets promoted by word of mouth.
Yeah I guess so, that's the nature of publishing these days I guess? It's 'rush it out the door as soon as possible' rather than take an extra month to bugfix the prerelease copy. Maybe something to do with the release windows, perhaps there's some big titles coming out in March

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

The reviews are already out and the metacritic score is at least several points lower than it could have been. Hopefully user reviews will be more enthusiastic and tge game gets promoted by word of mouth.
Yeah I guess so, that's the nature of publishing these days I guess? It's 'rush it out the door as soon as possible' rather than take an extra month to bugfix the prerelease copy. Maybe something to do with the release windows, perhaps there's some big titles coming out in March

Obviously they were afraid of going against ELEX2 ;)

Joyvankek

Learned
So it's bug filled, denuvo polluted garbage. They also changed the dark climactic colors seen in 2019 e3 demo to eye gauging bright colors straight from kiddie cartoons.
Shame, but there is Elden Ring(Not sure if that one will be good) and TW:W3 coming out as well, so there will be other things to throw my shekels at.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sounds like a more buggy slightly improved version of the original. Might be worth a play in a month if you enjoyed the original.

I thought the first one was okay in small doses, but it got repetitive very quickly if you played it over an extended time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom