Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

Joyvankek

Learned

that downgrade, holy shit
reminds me of a certain other demo that ended up completly fake

They banned a guy who posted that video in steam forums. I think they did improve models a little compare to the demo, but lighting and the number of NPC actors got slammed down.
I wonder if they did that to sell it to poorfags from last gen consoles, or they couldn't even optimize their own game.

Seethe

Arbiter
So it's bug filled, denuvo polluted garbage. They also changed the dark climactic colors seen in 2019 e3 demo to eye gauging bright colors straight from kiddie cartoons.
Shame, but there is Elden Ring(Not sure if that one will be good) and TW:W3 coming out as well, so there will be other things to throw my shekels at.

TW:W3 is also denuvo polluted garbage, unfortunately. In a series that suffers from optimization issues and ridiculous loading screens, this is the last thing they should put in their game. And the morons at CA kept it active in TW:WH2 despite the game being already pirated.

TwoEdge

Scholar

All: While I appreciate the feedback, I didn't write the story for Dying Light 2. While I worked on the title, I don't know what the story is and can't speak to it or answer any questions on it, apologies. If you enjoy it, give kudos to the writers & quest designers, not me. :)

Now I see why reviews are piling on the dialogue and story. Shouldn't have fired the guy, Techland.

Quillon

Arcane
Last night I watched Cohh for 5 mins I heard the PC say "wait, whaaaat" in a convo near the beginning, today when I opened the stream I heard "shots were fired"(not literally)... I think they hired a twitch chatter after firing MCA :P

Fargus

Arcane
What i got from reviews is that the game has garbage story, even worse than DL1 which is an achievement on it's own. And it doesn't look like much of Avellone's ideas made it into the final game, what a surprise. But gameplay is somewhat decent for a pop-a-mole shit.

Maybe after a year it will be worth getting at 50% off. Huge maybe.

Salvo

Arcane
What i got from reviews is that the game has garbage story, even worse than DL1 which is an achievement on it's own. And it doesn't look like much of Avellone's ideas made it into the final game, what a surprise. But gameplay is somewhat decent for a pop-a-mole shit.

Maybe after a year it will be worth getting at 50% off. Huge maybe.
100% discount in a month

ADL

Prophet

This video is bullshit. Any media event like E3 would have the equivalent of ray tracing enabled. You can't disable it and say that it's "max settings".

The ray tracing mode clearly changes the overall atmosphere of the game. Especially interior shots where this comparison really highlights the supposed downgrade.

Joyvankek

Learned
and the worst thing is why do you have to suck so much american cock? why do you keep adding american celebs into your games be it keanu or rosario dawson? it's only poles doing that shit because they desperatly want to be american themselves instead of being proud of who they are. why does it feel like slav devs spend 80% of a games budget on marketing and american celebs? it is pathetic. this is why the world looks down on you.
As a Pole I disagree, I don't want to be amerimutt, and somebody needs to be insane to want to migrate into the land of mutts, especially after all the shit that is happening in burgerland.
In case of CDPR I saw them opening studios in the west and some western infestation can be seen in cities like Warszawa and Poznań, so that may affected things, other than that they proved themselves to be greedy fuckers so I believe the reason for westernization of their games, is because of greed and wanting to appeal to the western audience.
This also shows that leadership over there is fucking retarded, and they didn't realize that their whole appeal and success was by doing the exact opposite of what western/USA game industry is doing.

TW:W3 is also denuvo polluted garbage, unfortunately. In a series that suffers from optimization issues and ridiculous loading screens, this is the last thing they should put in their game. And the morons at CA kept it active in TW:WH2 despite the game being already pirated.
I don't see any warnings on steam about them using Denuvo but I guess you are right:https://www.game-debate.com/games/gamesWithDenuvo , on top of that they used shit like Redshell that spied on you in the past.
I will put them next to EA on my shit/embargo list and TW:W3 will be most likely the last game I will buy from them, unless that one will turn unplayable broken shit, then I will skip that one as well.
Wonder what happened to CA, they progressively dumb down their games with every release and thanks to historical revisionism with TW:The Three Bughives and TW:Rome 2 I am losing all interest in Total War series, and we don't have anyone who compete with those fuckers, so there is no alternatives for games like TW.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
just a friendly reminder that this thread will be full of bad faith polish posters trying to con you into buying a terrible game
Said the amerimutt that shills for faillout 76 and mass deffect androgynus kill yourself goblin.

1437392201671.png

781.png

DeepOcean

Arcane
The vibe I'm getting from youtubers is the game is the previous game with better mission and level design and a few new gameplay tricks, the highlights mentioned with frequency being the skyscrapper climbing and metro station raids at night for resources. Everyone shits on the story hard and that whole faction dynamics is wasted because the story is just shit.

Pretty much Daylight 1 on steroids, honestly, that is the only thing I need to know it will be a fun brainless popamoler for a sunday.

The funny thing about this whole situation ia this development process:
1 - Make a big turd of a story for Daylight 1.
2 - Know the story was a big turd then hire Avellone so they dont make a new turd.
3 - Fire Avellone and throw in the garbage all his character and quest design.
4 - Triple the budget for the story.
5 - Manage to make a turd 3 times bigger than before.
6 - PROFIT?

Why polish developers hate themselves so much this way?

Steezus

Savant
Patron
So is this any good? It's got mediocre reviews but it's euro jank so maybe Professional Video Game Reviewers™ just don't get it.

Codex Year of the Donut
So is this any good? It's got mediocre reviews but it's euro jank so maybe Professional Video Game Reviewers™ just don't get it.
it's more polish junk that is being shilled heavily because the entire economy of poland was held up by video game sales and they now risk living in mudhuts after cp2077

DeepOcean

Arcane
Based on the reviews:
1 - You dont give a damn about the shit story and you just remorseless skip all cutscenes?
2 - Do you like smashing zombies without thinking very hard at it?
3 - Do you like smashing zombies while climbing stuff?
4 - Do you like moderately tense horror missions?
5 - Only expect some brainless zombie smashing/exploring game for a sunday?
If is yes to all those questions, then, wait for 4 months for the usual popamole bug fixing and buy on a sale.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
why did they fire avellone again? did he misgender someone at techland? good job sabotaging your own game, i'm sure the twitter blue checkmark game journo clique is going to shill your game for so much wokeness. oh wait it's still at 77% on metacritic :smug:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The downgrade is real but the real problem is the story.

Eh story in the first game was hot garbage so I don't expect better, especially since they removed Avellone's stuff.

I'm just here to bash zombies.

Anybody here going to take one for the team and get first impressions?

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Raytracing does provide a darker looking game plus optimized settings if anyone is interested in them.

Otherwise a regular Codex thread with autistic screeching and self-induced amnesia (oh noes, a huge game is ridden with bugs, it's not like that isn't the norm since like forever). Didn't really play anything from Techland (Gunslinger aside), but it seems that despite the expectedly underwhelming story, MCA counseling did rub off at least somewhat (actual branching between and within factions instead of differently colored scenes). The scores are probably deserved when looked objectively, but overcritical when compared to the competition (you can bet your ass on it would have received higher scores if Bethesda or BioWare released them).

Can't wait to play it as soon as the DRM gets hacked. :incline:

ADL

Prophet
Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
searches internet for dying light 2 amd raytacing
searches internet for dying light 2 nvidia partnership

it looking like garbage with raytracing off makes a lot more sense now

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom