Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's play Berwick Saga (PS2 Strategy-RPG from the director of Fire Emblem 1-5)

Endemic

Arcane
Shit, Lyarc tanked Faramir's arrows, Dean's Axe and it took Reese hammering him with Gram to break his shield and bring him down.

You need to use the right weapons for the job. Most of Lyarc's defence is from the shield, so war pick\rapier are more effective than brute force. If you want a quick kill (at higher risk) sending Volo through the secret passage in town (2 turns to reach the house next to Lyarc) works. With deathmatch, he'll get twice the usual number of attacks due to Lyarc's poor attack speed.

Shame I couldn't get some of the dropped items nor grind for levels but I was in a close battle and I don't want Faye's stat gains (point in strength and speed) to be lost.

Well, there's the rub. If you want maximum kills and loot you'll have to deploy all the heavy hitters for this battle. I generally avoid training the likes of Faye in main missions.

Endemic

Arcane
Update 182: Chapter 10 - A Paladin's Duty (part 4)

A fortuitous critical hit eliminates the second spearman:

3Ffj767.jpg

Enid joins the fight with her standard fire spell.

aZAKTmv.jpg

A well placed arrow clears the way into town.

urfMhO3.jpg

At the start of turn 6, Reese takes point.

A0Qi7tO.jpg

That counterattack would have killed him, were it not for Gram, which of course breaks to save him:

upevMn7.jpg

Some loot.

3gLxk6s.jpg

Enid is struck by a drugged arrow and falls unconscious.

SQk7KOO.jpg

Vester's group have drawn the attention of this ballista, leaving an opportunity for us to push forward and flank it.

NJYS2Iz.jpg

Owen makes use of physic to heal Elbert from outside the gate.

epJZS8R.jpg

Two hits with the estoc isn't quite enough to deal with this archer:

8ln1kGB.jpg

Aegina takes these salts from Reese, and wakes up Enid with them.

SJhor2m.jpg

zI7ppXp.jpg

Christine continues to demonstrate her sharpshooting skills.

QZo77Fh.jpg

Sherlock makes use of double-shot to eliminate the nearby crossbowman.

7i63q7O.jpg

He retrieves some improved iron arrows:

5p0S3Sm.jpg

Larentia spear charges the next enemy in view, revealing more Bornian troops waiting in ambush.

scuIkD1.jpg

lfQWmD1.jpg

SYoV4uU.jpg

Another pinpoint shot.

qT7PmHN.jpg

A crossbowman advances from his hiding spot to the southeast and strikes at Larentia.

sQKh6ay.jpg

That could have been ugly...

RPnhzXQ.jpg

Elbert continues to fight outnumbered:

SQqucpr.jpg

IIq4n0h.jpg

TC7kXRt.jpg

Sherlock and Reese press the attack, the latter picking up another kill.

0P7SMil.jpg

Larentia continues to scout, using a vulnerary at her destination.

okKk0L8.jpg

rk6mN8k.jpg

bHtn4Ho.jpg

An axeman steps in to reinforce the group of archers in front of Elbert; the latter holds his ground well.

0og6nkN.jpg

Another crossbowman emerges from cover, but this time Larentia evades the attack:

wSjifHb.jpg

KbrIXcm.jpg

Owen makes himself useful.

7jM6nut.jpg

Aegina uses her focus chant skill with Pallas Riana to wipe out the aforementioned crossbowman.

2i5hF2a.jpg

Elbert blocks another attack, but at the expense of his shield.

3QEiCK4.jpg

He continues to draw enemy attention, this time successfully countering with his estoc.

5lV9Jjr.jpg

Meanwhile, Vester finds himself targeted by ballista fire:

yYGzWrX.jpg

Sherlock and Christine use hit-and-run tactics to clear out another sniper.

gsSU9sx.jpg

That takes her to level 12.

cF68Dq4.jpg

Elbert switches to a shortsword to clear a way through the houses in front.

trVtUKl.jpg

The axeman he hit earlier retreats for healing.

enSgzRi.jpg

Next to the ballista, a Bornian commander is spotted:

7nArmZa.jpg

Reese ends the turn by engaging Ishmat in melee combat; then on the next turn he connects the lethal hit.

Yk96oUr.jpg

Elbert loses another shield.

461yhDz.jpg

Since the axeman has already taken his turn, Elbert is directed to remove the adjacent crossbowman.

fta1RXZ.jpg

Nice.

fTzzKTb.jpg

Owen is just about in range to patch up Elbert's injury.

GFfFd6i.jpg

Vester's knights have finally made some progress:

YxexcXj.jpg

Z9wKyPW.jpg

Vester's knight: But milord, we would be vulnerable to being flanked by the enemy...

Vester: You need not worry about that. That's what our allies are for. Leave the castle guards to Lord Reese and his knights.

Vester's knight: Can we rely on him, milord?

Vester: Hmph, don't ask such ridiculous questions, soldier. If it weren't for him, you and I would still be rotting away in a cell in Turon, awaiting our execution.

Vester's knight: Right you are, milord. Forgive my impudence.

Most of the enemy forces in the town have been cleared out:

VVYyQnZ.jpg

Larentia and Christine coordinate their attacks to remove the shield-breaking axeman.

EOFbDa1.jpg

Last edited:

Thorakitai

Learned
Chapter 6 is less hectic than Chapter 5 but my lack of preparing proper items for my units and the suprisingly smart AI bites me in the rear.

1. Expected that Dean and Sylvis can handle the Western Side, only to force them to retreat once the enemy gets a few lucky hits and forgot to stock them some vulneraries.

2. Didn't know that the AI can actually trade items so that they can use them (a wounded soldier actually doing exactly that by trading a nearby ally for a vulnerary) And I certainly didn't expect that Theodore (A Lance Knight required for the citizen request) delibrately moves slowly to unleash the full power of his lance, which sent Reese to the grave.

Also, upon rereading the previous chapter playthroughs, Reese is clearly a Camus (A character who loyally serves antagonist) despite being the main lord.

He loyally serves his liege despite the King doing everything to disrespect him and ruining all of his efforts inspite of his competence and being fully aware of it.

He even refuses to personally intervene in the side missions (when every Lord in both Fire Embpem and the Kaga Saga series chooses to do so just because it's the right thing to do) just to make sure he's ready just in case the King calls for him. Heck, he even has sister figure of loves him, reminscent of Eldigan from Fire Emblem 4.

Reese's story in Berwick Saga is basically a close look at how a Camus struggles at his role.

Endemic

Arcane
Chapter 6 is less hectic than Chapter 5 but my lack of preparing proper items for my units and the surprisingly smart AI bites me in the rear.

The order you send Enid around to the civilians (including the stubborn miner) is important too.

Reese's story in Berwick Saga is basically a close look at how a Camus struggles at his role.

Eh, kind of. I would say more but spoilers.

Endemic

Arcane
Update 183: Chapter 10 - A Paladin's Duty (part 5)

Christine snipes the crossbowman:

hKSDM7Y.jpg

Vester's group continues to take ballista fire; meanwhile, Leon explores the graveyard.

Mjd1hqY.jpg

The correct answer is of course Vidoro.

VwSD9v5.jpg

Leon: ...That should do it. My condolences, old man. At least here, you can finally get away from that whiny old bag.

:lol: I can't help but concur.

Czene searches a house, and is injured in the process:

bu6zX7K.jpg

The reward is worth it though.

bbumPRy.jpg

Enid, Larentia and Sherlock focus their efforts on removing the nearby ballista.

soOWAvl.jpg

Reese meets up with Vester:

fbjB6Xs.jpg

Cvdevzx.jpg

Reese: Leave it to us. We will hold off the enemy.

Vester: Thank you. I pray we will succeed.

Reese: As do I. Take care, Lord Vester.

At the end of turn 9, almost all resistance in the town is cleared.

iR2pLKU.jpg

As a consequence of my slow progress earlier in the battle, Vester's knights reach the inner gate well ahead of Sinon's force.

JONSl3X.jpg

Almachus starts casting his 3-range dark magic.

qKo4wg4.jpg

Owen heals Czene. Sadly he's too far back to support the storming of the castle.

tyQ2QAG.jpg

Czene checks out another house.

2uziV9U.jpg

She holds off a looter long enough to retrieve what she was looking for:

yBWJMma.jpg

The battle at the castle intensifies.

7AvLPZ1.jpg

Christine notches up one more kill.

JXQvTnR.jpg

Czene gets healed a second time. Vester's men are falling like flies though...

g9CtlNe.jpg

Another one is struck by an archer.

QU35cKJ.jpg

Sherlock uses triple shot to deal with the problem.

RxHJp09.jpg

Czene shifts her inventory to Leon, so she can go shopping.

nvFu447.jpg

The gate is finally down:

TNC5HRg.jpg

The Bornians discuss a change of strategy.

KDJylx8.jpg

s8lLyCT.jpg

Alvina: I shall stay behind and buy time to cover the retreat.

Barnhardt: ...I understand. I will give the soldiers your command. However...

He moves in front of her to block any incoming attacks.

Alvina: Sir Barnhardt?!

Barnhardt: This old man will stand by your side until the very end, Dame Alvina.

OTUpNau.jpg

He teleports away. Situation at the start of turn 13:

1NUVyYE.jpg

Christine makes the delivery that was requested of her.

dpoQ4yc.jpg

FlOpgI7.jpg

Christine: I came here because I was asked to pass this package on to you.

Siglis: Let me see that...

He pauses to find something.

Siglis: ...All right, it's all here. Wait there for a bit.

Christine: (...Is this some of kind of shop...?)

Siglis: All right, here it is. Now, scram!

Christine: B-But this is-

XOhKg7H.jpg

Her part in the fighting done, Czene picks up some magic orbs.

mXvTdqq.jpg

Of course, I take all of them.

zncsM1e.jpg

Vester's men make it inside the interior wall:

DIApuox.jpg

Conveniently, the Bornian archer's bow snaps.

vfbcViy.jpg

Elbert crits Pratton with a rapier, but the latter's counter skill allows him to strike back, felling Elbert's horse.

R1B68bt.jpg

I try going for the capture with Larentia, but to no avail.

M1MWFAM.jpg

Pratton uses his vulnerary, so I have Reese bypass him and eliminate the archer instead. Thanks to adept, his longsword proves sufficient for the task.

zUPAZAE.jpg

Level 16 brings two stat points:

6SLVW6o.jpg

Sherlock tries lobbing some arrows at Pratton with one-two, but to no effect.

1Ue0wIn.jpg

A ballista bolt fatally wounds another one of Vester's knights. Did I mention all of them need to survive for the maximum tactics score on this mission?

SbO9LSM.jpg

Aegina steps forward and casts Pallas Riana:

cKIEgee.jpg

That gives her a level-up.

EwedGPI.jpg

Czene buys some crafting materials.

ApcONXf.jpg

Larentia gets lucky with adept, so the ballista is silenced before it can do any more damage.

NT4EK6D.jpg

More health.

rrrbybP.jpg

Alvina throws a verutum at Reese, who blocks most of the impact with his shield.

t2BdZbL.jpg

Enid moves in to cast Pallas Leia:

T1ZPqX7.jpg

With focus chant, it easily cuts down Barnhardt.

jtyO6wW.jpg

Sorry, old man.

Uc7ayjJ.jpg

Enid also levels up.

Dj8p5UR.jpg

Vester reaches Alvina; the battle is over.

hQdegrD.jpg

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The correct answer is of course Vidoro.

VwSD9v5.jpg

what? Is that something lost in translation or some kind of joke?

Leon: ...That should do it. My condolences, old man. At least here, you can finally get away from that whiny old bag.

:lol: I can't help but concur.

:lol:

Thorakitai

Learned
Been wondering how increasing weapon ranks actually work.

I'm confused, how is weapon level earned in this game? In GBA, every hit gives whatever the weapon is supposed to give, killing an enemy (or wall) doubles the yield of that hit, doubling gives wexp per attack too. In DSEmblem, every attack is 2 wexp. People say that Aegina gets screwed with weapon level in this game because wind magic misses a lot, but it also hits multiple times. If this was like the previous examples, she would be completely fine there. So, how does it work in berwick exactly? What's the penalty for missing?

Endemic

Arcane
Additive weapons (eg Gram) count all attempts for weapon skill, multiplicative weapons\spells (eg Pallas Riana) do not. Hitting enemies (structures like palisades and gates also apply) is preferable to misses, although the latter count towards progress until the end of turn 24.

That's why I said Aegina is particularly difficult to promote (better buy a lot of airblade and spam it constantly). The mere 50% growth rate for wind magic skill doesn't help either.

Last edited:

Thorakitai

Learned
Recently, I've finally completed Chapter 9 and no wonder it's bridge section is regarded with fear and frustration.

The best way I've done to get past the main hurdle is to have Reese and Ward directly confront the impregnable bridge defenses, Reese being the guy who wrecks the Lance Knights with Gram and hope for a crit and Ward being the primary meatshield for the Ballistas the Lance Knights and Horse Archers and his good support bonuses for Reese. Then Leon and Adel serves as a reserve and secondary meatshields once things cool down with Larentia assisting.

And I've done plenty of savescumming to make sure I get the intended results. :)

Also, by this point in the game, I'm feeling the pain of being broke, good thing the paralogue for Kramer contain items for the collector side quest to greatly replenish my coffers.

Endemic

Arcane
Recently, I've finally completed Chapter 9 and no wonder it's bridge section is regarded with fear and frustration.

The best way I've done to get past the main hurdle is to have Reese and Ward directly confront the impregnable bridge defenses, Reese being the guy who wrecks the Lance Knights with Gram and hope for a crit and Ward being the primary meatshield for the Ballistas the Lance Knights and Horse Archers and his good support bonuses for Reese. Then Leon and Adel serves as a reserve and secondary meatshields once things cool down with Larentia assisting..

You don't have to brute force chapter 9/10. In fact that's counterproductive, you'll get wrecked doing that in 10. Without meaning to disparage, some of the FE fanbase in particular seemed to really struggle to get their heads around the tools provided to players in this game (and FE5 for that matter). It isn't just about comparing number X to number Y.

Firstly, mages - while they're situational in Berwick, they're practically essential in these two missions because of how bulky enemies are.

Weapons with special properties - critical hits aren't your only choice. You can bypass shields, kill horses directly upon doing damage, do bonus magic damage, and there are old stalwarts like the hammer as well. Etc.

Skills - aim, overwatch, provoke, guard among others are not RNG reliant, and very underrated.

As for RNG, sure, it's true for capturing enemies or damaged weapons in some cases, but general hitrates are easy to buff via several means, as I've already explained in the LP. Certainly by this stage you shouldn't be struggling to hit extremely slow enemies like lance knights. Also, don't make any assumptions about enemy hitrates - factor in hits to your battle plan and never expose a unit to more damage than they can survive after they've moved (or use another unit to protect them). That's the beauty of the alternating move system - you don't have to sit and watch helplessly on a long enemy phase to react to something.

A game like FE12 on the higher difficulties is much tougher because there is little you can do but rely on your strong units to carry you (bar a bit of reclassing here and there + a few statboosters). Heck, the prologue is harder than some of the campaign battles. FE6 has poor hitrates but almost nothing the player can do to improve them, while being placed against tough enemies from the start. Berwick Saga ramps up the difficulty very gradually in comparison.

Thorakitai

Learned
You don't have to brute force chapter 9/10. In fact that's counterproductive, you'll get wrecked doing that in 10. Without meaning to disparage, some of the FE fanbase in particular seemed to really struggle to get their heads around the tools provided to players in this game (and FE5 for that matter). It isn't just about comparing number X to number Y.

Firstly, mages - while they're situational in Berwick, they're practically essential in these two missions because of how bulky enemies are.

Weapons with special properties - critical hits aren't your only choice. You can bypass shields, kill horses directly upon doing damage, do bonus magic damage, and there are old stalwarts like the hammer as well. Etc.

Skills - aim, overwatch, provoke, guard among others are not RNG reliant, and very underrated.

As for RNG, sure, it's true for capturing enemies or damaged weapons in some cases, but general hitrates are easy to buff via several means, as I've already explained in the LP. Certainly by this stage you shouldn't be struggling to hit extremely slow enemies like lance knights. Also, don't make any assumptions about enemy hitrates - factor in hits to your battle plan and never expose a unit to more damage than they can survive after they've moved (or use another unit to protect them). That's the beauty of the alternating move system - you don't have to sit and watch helplessly on a long enemy phase to react to something.

A game like FE12 on the higher difficulties is much tougher because there is little you can do but rely on your strong units to carry you (bar a bit of reclassing here and there + a few statboosters). Heck, the prologue is harder than some of the campaign battles. FE6 has poor hitrates but almost nothing the player can do to improve them, while being placed against tough enemies from the start. Berwick Saga ramps up the difficulty very gradually in comparison.

As someone who primarily relies on juggernauting when playing Fire Emblem, FE5 and especially Berwick Saga's way of making you reliant on skills and equipment to strategize is rather hard to get accustomed with, especially when FE games usually rely on bloating the enemies' stats for difficulty. No wonder they call it Skill Emblem.

Heck, I've even ignored some of the anti-shield weapons due to being dissapointed I'm not dealing heavy damage due to the above mentality.

Still, thank you for the long lecture to properly enjoy the game. I've even managed to quickly clear the Volpoz Valley side chapter (Using Sylvis' overerwatch and Esteban to destroy the western horse archers with Sniper Arrows while Dean, Krammer and Percival wipe outthe southern part of the valley.) because of what you said.

Endemic

Arcane
As someone who primarily relies on juggernauting when playing Fire Emblem, FE5 and especially Berwick Saga's way of making you reliant on skills and equipment to strategize is rather hard to get accustomed with, especially when FE games usually rely on bloating the enemies' stats for difficulty. No wonder they call it Skill Emblem.

Juggernauting is a symptom of poor design, IMO. FE4, 7, 9 and 10 and all of the post-DS games in particular suffer from it in varying amounts.

Heck, I've even ignored some of the anti-shield weapons due to being dissapointed I'm not dealing heavy damage due to the above mentality.

The net effect is more damage in the end. I would say inflicting injuries and Kramer's skill factor in, but they're not reliable enough for every encounter.

I've even managed to quickly clear the Volpoz Valley side chapter (Using Sylvis' overwatch and Esteban to destroy the western horse archers with Sniper Arrows while Dean, Kramer and Percival wipe out the southern part of the valley.) because of what you said.

Provoke saves you a lot of annoyance on that mission, and using Larentia or Czene to spot the assassins\thieves.

Last edited:

Thorakitai

Learned
I've recently finished Chapter 10 and finished the Scorpion's Sting side quest and now I'm in uncharted territory, I'm quite excited to see what I'm up against. I've also successfully promoted Ruby, so I can now get Clifford and Faramir is now with the Sinon Knights.

Chapter 10 thoughts:
1. If Alvina was a typical Camus, she might have been stubborn to defect even if Vester revealed that Duke Reid was actually brainwashed by Almachus. Heck, Almachus can't just kill the duke or the entire duchy turns on him and his standing in the Raze Church will be in danger.
2. So the old lady appreciated how frank but helpful Leon was to her and didn't want to showered with pity for her impending death.
3. Despite her comments regarding Slyvis' disparaging remarks towards the women of Navarron, she does harbor feeling of inferiority due to being unable to fight and seeing the Sinon Knights charging into increasingly dangerous battles day by day. And I'm genuinely saddened by the reveal, she's always been tremendously helpful in her duties, heck many of the sidequests would never be heard by the Sinon Knights if it weren't for her and I've not even mentioned how she provided valuable insights to be her clients and some of the playable characters as well.

Chapter 10-2 thoughts:
The chapter is both frustrating and interestingly easy. Seeing those Scorpion ballistas easily destroy the horse archers was a treat and is basically free exp. Of course, those horse archers is very evasive and a chapter in which is primarily enemy phase focused isn't fun.
1. The completion of the Esteban sidequest is surprisingly heartwarming. So Luveil being a bitch to Sophie is a misguided attempt to protect her from her father who wants her own sister dead due to inheritance quarrels, the Pascanion may have been a hidden murder weapon intended for her. Neither did I expect Grauve to actually have an important role(especially since I killed him in Ch.9)

Endemic

Arcane
Chapter 10-2 thoughts:
The chapter is both frustrating and interestingly easy. Seeing those Scorpion ballistas easily destroy the horse archers was a treat and is basically free exp. Of course, those horse archers is very evasive and a chapter in which is primarily enemy phase focused isn't fun

Depends on the AI, if they miss and don't go back into overwatch you can get swarmed very quickly.

Neither did I expect Grauve to actually have an important role(especially since I killed him in Ch.9)

Esteban's story is surprisingly extensive for a character you can fail to recruit.

It's implied he might be the bastard son of a Lideon prince.

Endemic

Arcane
Update 184: Chapter 10 - A Paladin's Duty (ending)

U5aJ6uc.jpg

fia1hGL.jpg

Alvina: There is no other path. I will do as a knight's honour requires until the very end.

Vester: Always so stubborn... Stop arguing and put down your sword, Alvina! If you die here, you'll be playing right into Almachus's hands!

Alvina: What...?

Vester: You have no idea, do you? Almachus controlling my father's mind with dark magic. The man is no Verian priest. He just used that as a disguise to get close to my father. And over the last year, he's slowly eaten away at his mind with magic.

Alvina: ...Then, his Grace has been corrupted...?

Vester: Yes... By the time I realised it, it was already too late. Father's mind is completely gone. He is Almachus's puppet now. I tried to lead a rebellion against Almachus, but I failed and was captured in Turon.

Alvina: That can't be... Then that's why His Grace...

Vester: Father would never betray the royal family of his own volition. He's not that kind of man. It's all that dastard's fault... That Razite snake Almachus!

Alvina: I am truly sorry, Lord Vester... I was blind to these events happening around me...

Vester: If you are sorry, then lend me your strength, Alvina. I'm going to defeat Almachus and save my father.

dgd9f7H.jpg

Alvina: If I fought alongside you, Lord Vester, then Bornia would become my enemy.

Vester: Indeed. In order to reclaim our homeland, we have to fight against it.

Alvina: ...Don't you feel anything about doing so, Lord Vester?

Vester: "Feel anything"? What should I feel? If you have something to say, then state it clearly, Alvina!

Alvina: The other Bornian soldiers are just like me. They only wish to serve their homeland and the duke. ...I don't know if I could fight them.

Vester: Alvina... Don't be so obtuse. Are you not a soldier? Such is the nature of war.

Alvina: Yes, I understand that, but...

Vester: ...All right then, let us do this: Why don't you join Lord Reese? Alongside him, you'll be fighting the Empire, and not Bornians. What do you think?

Alvina: Ah... Y-Yes! That I would do gladly!

Well that was a convenient solution to her loyalty dilemma.

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP89bk6V9pM

Back in Navaron, the Verian-aligned forces regroup.

qAQ3e50.jpg

joIF2BJ.jpg

62scE0y.jpg

Vester: I envy you. I'd rather keep her to myself.

Reese: I'll be sure to appreciate the short time she will be spending among the Knights of Sinon.

Vester: Thank you, Lord Reese. I'll send her over to the West House later this evening.

Reese: I understand. We'll take good care of her.

HmQxV3Z.jpg

Later that day...

xagzPFH.jpg

Alvina enters the office.

Pl7a5Fi.jpg

If you recall back in chapter 7, we helped a knight with the same appearance:

HtBe3T9.jpg

It makes sense that she provided the tipoff covertly rather than openly defect, given her reluctance to turn her sword against fellow Bornians.

Alvina: Alvina, paladin of Bornia. I am at your service, Lord Reese. As I'm sure Lord Vester explained, I will be serving as one of your subordinates for the time being. I look forward to fighting alongside you, sir.

Reese: Likewise... I'm just shocked that it's you!

Alvina: Please forgive me for deceiving you as I did...

Reese: No, I understand... Back then, the "other" you... "Ellis", was it? She helped me realise many things about this war. Perhaps it's the will of the Goddess that we've been brought together again like this.

Alvina: Lord Reese...

Reese: Paladin Alvina... The road ahead of us will be a difficult one. Although Sinon has little to offer you, we would be honoured to have you fighting alongside us.

Alvina: By this sword, and by the name of Paladin, I swear: I will follow you in life and in death, Lord Reese!

7y7V5lS.jpg

Alvina: Thank you very much. It's been a long while since we last met, hasn't it, Lady Tianna?

Tianna: Yes, a long time indeed... It seems the goddess of fortune is a mischievous one.

Alvina [chuckling]: You haven't changed a bit. [turning to Reese] Well then, Lord Reese, if you will excuse me for now...

As she leaves, Tianna seems ill at ease, but says nothing.

Onto the citizen requests.

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw7KfOAEnsA

SmGGPqT.jpg

Tianna: Y-Yes... Firstly, I wish to apologise. Lord Reese, I am terribly sorry for all the trouble I have been causing you recently. Therefore, please accept this gift as a token of apology.

Reese: A gift...?

79WC1YP.jpg

Since the cutscene doesn't show it, this is what the statue looks like:

iRlIi27.jpg

0LZDIff.jpg

Reese: Tianna, you can't mean that you got this just for me...? It smells... just like home...

Tianna: ...It's made with wood of the silur tree of Sinon, milord. I had read in the library that Sinonese customs use silur to ward off evil spirits, so I wanted to find some... But I was unaware of how difficult it was to carve... All the local craftsmen said they did not know how to. Therefore, I had it commissioned from a renowned Bornian sculptor in Ruan, by the name of Siglis. I'd heard news that he had finished it just as Lord Vester's men had begun to attack Fort Ruan...

Reese: Then this statue is the reason you've been behaving oddly recently?

Tianna: ...I'm terribly sorry for having made you worry, Lord Reese... It is not right for me to caused you such concern, when I ought to be supporting you in any way I can. I feel so utterly useless... For how many months have I served you now? And yet not once have I accompanied you to assist you on the battlefield, where you need help the most! All I am able to do is wait helplessly here in the West House...I thought at least I could get you some sort of protection that would help to keep you safe...

Hmm. It's interesting that Tianna admits to harbouring this insecurity, as back in chapter 5 she told Sylvis the opposite, albeit in the context of arguing cultural differences. She might be underrating the importance of her non-combat duties, especially liasing with the common people.

Tianna: And then, once Ruan had become a battlefield, I thought even that plan had failed...

Prxwc1P.jpg

Tianna: I believe perhaps that I've envied you for quite some time... Though we are both women, only you are able to support Lord Reese as he rides into battle... So I... I feel I've been rather cold to you...

Christine: It's all right, Lady Tianna... You have nothing to be sorry for.

Reese: We were worried about you, when in truth, it was you who was worried for our sakes... Thank you, Lady Tianna. I will cherish this statue you've gone to such lengths to gift to me. For as long as the smell of silur still fills this house, I will return to it. That I promise you, Tianna.

Tianna: Thank you... Lord Reese...

A short while later, in Christine's quarters:

j17M2kq.jpg

Elbert: It was all over a gift, huh?

Christine: Yes... I had no idea that Lady Tianna had been hurting so terribly... I never imagined that an intelligent and beautiful woman like her would have such troubles...

Elbert: Sounds like you need to work on your imagination, then.

:) Elbert being smooth and detached as usual.

Christine: Heh, maybe a bit... But still, I guess that I've looked up to her without ever thinking about her feelings.

Elbert: If you want to do something nice for her, why not get her a present? Or hey, better still, make one?

Christine: Make one?

Elbert: Sure! Funny story, I happened to buy this at the market the other day.

wQwqYvU.jpg

Elbert: I didn't want it, but I basically had no choice but to buy a spool of it. It was the only way to get the guy to stop breathing down my neck... I've been wondering what I was even going to do with it, since I can't knit or anything... Can you?

Christine: Yes, my mother taught me how to when I was young...

Elbert: Great! You can keep the yarn, then. Should be a nice way to pass time in between missions, right?

Christine: Sure, I suppose. Did you have to pick such a bland colour, though?

Elbert: Haha, now that you mention it, it is rather drab... Still, I bet General Ward would also be happy to have anything you made for him, Christine.

She looks back without responding.

F3ZhlTI.jpg

I guess if they weren't already good friends, Elbert wouldn't be able to get away with pushing that issue.

Now for the painting:

2TsNWnV.jpg

Tianna: We were able to find and bring back the portrait of your wife. Here you are.

Lazlow: Y-You really did it...

Tianna: Your house seemed to be a bit worse for wear, but this picture remained miraculously untouched.

Lazlow: This is it... finally...

ERktOZM.jpg

A girl walks out from behind Lazlow.

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMQAkk7kyvk

sirBx1K.jpg

This scene has two branching versions: one for having Esteban, Czene or Thaddy retrieving the painting, and the second for sending anyone else. You don't get to find out about Phyllis (or the truth of the story) in the latter.

Lazlow: Did you like my acting? Good, right? Well, I'll see you around...

He leaves, as Tianna looks on in confusion.

Tianna: ...So you're... a thief?

Phyllis: ...That's right.

Tianna: Then none of that was true?

Phyllis: ...Most of it was true. The difference is, my father was actually a very successful painter. And it wasn't the daughter who got sick and died... ...Look at the headstone here.

a3ScWKp.jpg

Tianna: Then you must be...

Phyllis: That's right! I'm their daughter. Before he died, my father got ripped off by a scumbag of a nobleman. He lost his house, his money... Even all of his paintings. And then, when my parents both got sick, they couldn't get help, and they died... leaving me all by myself.

Tianna looks on, not knowing how to respond. As Ward said a few chapters ago, there are likely many orphans like her in Navaron.

Phyllis: So I became a thief in order to get back what was taken from us. It's not like I had any other options...

Tianna: But why go through this whole act? If you had been honest with me from the start, then...

Phyllis: You would have helped me? Really? A thief?

Tianna hesitates to answer.

Phyllis: I knew exactly where to find this portrait of my mother, but it was too difficult to sneak into Ruan. So I listened to the local gossip, and I heard that your friends from Sinon were headed to Ruan...

Tianna: And you figured out how to use me to get the picture for you...

Phyllis: Yep, and all for this. This is what I really wanted... This portrait that my father made of my mother... Something to remember them by...

Tianna: I see... All right, I understand.

Phyllis: Huh? What do you understand?

Tianna: I don't like being deceived, but for some reason, I can't be angry at you...

0TMlPjh.jpg

Tianna: But you did... And so, in a way, I feel I can trust you... So I neither forgive nor hold anything against you.

Phyllis: Lady Tianna...

Tianna: And with that said, I think I should be going...

She steps away.

Phyllis: Please wait...!

Tianna [turning around]: Is there something else?

Phyllis: I want you to have this.

Tianna: A dagger...?

Phyllis: A long time ago, my father got it for me to protect myself.

Tianna: Then shouldn't you keep it?

Phyllis: It's all right. I want you to have it.

Tianna: ...All right. Thank you.

Phyllis: ...No, thank you, Lady Tianna.

iaL9IXg.jpg

Now for the third and final citizen request.

xREcyJ0.jpg

HmmIXeh.jpg

Leon: Huh?

LPkaFpc.jpg

Leon: Your grandmother? Oh, you're family, huh? Since she lived alone, I figured she didn't have any family.

Jean: Excuse me for asking, but exactly what sort of relationship did you have with my grandmother?

Leon: How should I put it... "Errand boy"? I just helped her out of a little. Where is she, anyway?

Jean [pausing for a while]: ...She passed away. The day before last.

Leon: ...What?!

Jean: Surely you knew? She was gravely ill. The priests had told her that she wasn't long for this world.

Leon: (Then that means... She wasn't faking that cough?!)

Jean: Are you perhaps... Sir Leon?

Leon: Huh...? Oh, yeah, that's me.

Jean: My grandmother asked for me to give this to you.

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEn9eevjWoQ

LmProVI.jpg

RNRMfE6.jpg

OAvgUUy.jpg

Heh, I guess she wasn't so bad after all. :P

aNHLlHm.jpg

Jean: After my grandmother got sick, she got tired of all the sympathy. She started turning everyone away. Even so, she was thankful to you... For staying by her till the end, and for never pitying her.

Leon: But she... The entire time...?

Jean: Sir Leon, please don't trouble yourself over anything my grandmother might have told you about me. She always thought of me as just a child, but I'm already sixteen. I don't need anyone to look after me any more...

Leon: Sixteen? Yeah, I agree. That's old enough for a young boy to take care of himself, I'd say.

:lol: I see Leon can't tell he's talking to a tomboy. To be fair, the character sprite is part of the joke so I can understand his confusion :p

Leon: ...Having said that, I feel like your grandmother's watching me now. Like she's telling me "Don't let my grandson go off on his own!" Well, anyway... I never caught your name.

Jean: ...It's Jean.

Leon: Jean... I see. ...Jean, could you show me where your grandmother is buried? I want to pay my respects.

Jean: Sure... Follow me...

VIrUR9K.jpg

Let's see what's new with Axel:

zbDo0Qe.jpg

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5H3k3fvOBs

wbXBfgX.jpg

Ciel: Yes, sir...

Luciana: Oh, Miss Ciel...

Priest: ...Sister Luciana, why are you crying so? There's nothing to fear. The treatment was a complete success, and she's recovering well. This should be a happy occasion.

Luciana: Y-Yes, Bishop...

Priest: Now, Ciel, I know you may be afraid, but please have courage. Gently open your eyes and look at Sister Luciana's face.

Luciana: Oh, Goddess Veria...

f1Htb6o.jpg

CKybWbS.jpg

gmYVkFL.jpg

She tries again after a brief pause.

8GOyJyW.jpg

pwPrwDN.jpg

Luciana: Oh, Ciel...!

Priest: Sister Luciana, the medicine you had me treat her with was the best that money could buy. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that it would be successful.

Luciana: Bishop... Thank you so much.

Ciel: Um... Sister Luciana?

Luciana: What is it, Miss Ciel?

Ciel: The medicine.. It was expensive, wasn't it? Who paid for it...? Was it... Papa?

Luciana: ...W-Well, it...

5WiOgVy.jpg

Axel: ...Goodbye.

Pg33cBz.jpg

They look at each other for a short while without speaking.

Ciel: ...Papa? It's you, isn't it?! Papa!

Axel: ...!

Ciel: I saw you from the window! Why did you suddenly disappear? I've missed you for so long...

Axel: N-No, you're wrong... I'm... I'm not your father! I'm just a stranger passing by!

Ciel: You're lying! You are my papa! Your voice is his, and you have his scar above your eye!

Axel: No! I don't know you! I don't know anything you're talking about!

He leaves in a hurry through the side of the courtyard.

dLgrpd7.jpg

Ciel being healed via blood money (a lot of passengers died when Axel's crew raided that ship) is no doubt weighing heavily on Axel's mind.

Last edited:

Thorakitai

Learned
1. I've recently finished Ch.12-1.

So far, the greatest map I've played. This is where the Berwick's fog of war mechanics shine brightly, requiring to use your scouts efficiently (I used Larentia, Esteban and Czene) The initial objective of saving each of the clerics forces you to rush catiously and the climax of the mission (where Saphira awakens her powers and shuts down the dark magic of enemy) is refreshing as you now repay the now helpless mages with interest. I've never seen so many level gains in a strategy rpg, let alone a Fire Emblem game.

Still, the RNG reers it's ugly head by breaking many of my weapons despite being in the green zone. Reese's Gram among them. It's no wonder reviews of the game specifically hate the weapon durability by RNG mechanic.

2. Regarding Tianna suddenly expressing her depression and inferiority due to being a non-combatant.

That her fiance and father died in battle struck a heavily burden on her. And now she sees the Sinon Knights repeatedly experiencing facing dangers from both the Empire and even the Kingdom of Veria. it's amazing how strong she is that she's bottled it up until that citizen request.

Endemic

Arcane
Still, the RNG reers it's ugly head by breaking many of my weapons despite being in the green zone. Reese's Gram among them.

Hmm, well the actual chance of that is 1%. I swap weapons a lot so perhaps that's why I don't notice it as much. I think those RNG complaints are why Fire Emblem was switched to the 2RN system after Thracia 776.

I'll comment on the story when I get to that chapter, although I will say that chapter 11 is just as important for the overall narrative as 12.

SasaPinjic

Literate
Hello Edemic, i firstly want to thank you for your lets play , it helped me a great deal to reach Chapter 5 in my first playtrough of this game, when i atempted to play it last Year.
Unfortunatly, extrime dificulty and unabilty to properly finish Main mission (i culd basicly finish it, but with just poor loot, and i was already low on everithing, from funds , trough horses, to equipment) , altough i was trying for 3 hole days, made me quit this game .
In similar cases, i ussualy use basic nessesary cheats ,shame to loose interest in game because silly little things like insane dificulty, by using code breaker, not to ruin gameplay, just to make things little easier, but i was not able to find codes that wuld work on actual PS2 console.
Then, last month, i stumbled on codes for this game in Vietnam Languige, i translated them using google translator and they worked, so i was happy i can restart game, at easier dificulty, using just "save every turn" code is enough for near all game, with ocasional forcing game to show up desired item in shop, like couple of extra bags, magic potion for Enid promotion,or few indestructible Harpoons (when you force item to be sold in shop, it has no durability, so it is treated like accesory, cant be destroyed or spent. Not works to create repair stone tough, since it requires to spend durability to fix anything).
I will include all codes in a spoler , if anybody want to have easier life in this game, just dont use to much to spoil game.
Have fun.

*Tested on CodeBreaker V10,lauched by uLaucher, trough USB flash drive , game played trough OPL 0.9.3, but shuld work with ISO as well*

Master Code1:
901521AC 0C057B22
(following codes tested worked with MC1)

LV(100EXP)
20224580 24130064

Gold (999999)
202918A8 00000000
202918FC 00000000

Stats rising
20223890 10000019
202238F8 3C100044
2022390C 1000002F
202239E0 10000011
20224658 24050000
2022465C 00000000
20224658 0C05D154
2022465C 3053003F

*** No Weapon Replacement upon taken
2016DE70 03E00008
2016DE74 0000102D

* Use alongside of this code
Prevent Game from deleting banned weapon
20175110 03E00008
20175114 039E0027

*** Get All Weapon upon Defeating Enemy
2016CEBC 3BE21998

*** Controllable Enemies
0038EAD0 00000004
0038EB7C 00000004

*** Can view civilian's stat
2055D0AC 00E50023

Can save every turn
201D635C 00600011

---------------------------------
master code
EC8783CC 1449063C
Format 2 M code
EC8783CC 1456E60A
Format 3 M code
EC8783CC 1456E79B
Format 4 M code (this master code 4 tested work for later codes)
EC8783CC 1449063C
The level does not go up when the level goes up, but the status goes up
1CB5C980 3859E7A5
1CB5C984 1456E7A5
1C9A6338 1443XXXX
1C9A633C 0C4E5684
Value of XXXX
4F65 = 2 times
4F25 = 4 times
4FE5 = 8 times
4EA5 = 16 times
4E65 = 32 times
4E25 = 64 times
4EE5 = 128 times
4DA5 = 256 times
1CB5BA34 0C4E6191
1CB5BA08 0456E7B6
1CB5BD54 32D4E7A3
1CB5BA34 0C4E618D
1CB5BA08 0456E7B6
1CB5BA34 0456E7BC
1CB5BA08 0456E7B6
0CC7BD66 1456B20C
1CB5C984 1456E7A5
0CC7BD66 1456B10C
1CB5C980 10599671
0CC7BD66 1456B10C
1CB5C984 2483E7CC
On with R2, off with L2
0CC7BD66 1456AC0C
1CB5C6A8 3843E781
L1 Be sure to LvUP after battle
R1 normal mode
(There is a problem if HP is raised too much and reaches 100)
(Other than HP, +16 or more may not be possible)
Required code
1CB54FB0 04B6E79F
HPUP
1CB55274 384FE7D7 (+50)
Strength up
1CB55298 3850E79C (+15)
Defense UP
1CB55200 384BE79C (+15)
Agility UP
1CB552BC 3851E79C (+15)
Good luck (maybe because of the effect of good luck)
1CB552DC 3852E79C (+15)
Spirit UP
1CB55224 384CE79C (+15)
The last 4 characters are numbers (other numbers are decrypted & encrypted)
+ 00: E7A5 +01: E7A6 +02: E7A7 +03: E7A8
+04: E7A1 +05: E7A2 +06: E7A3 +07: E7A4
+08: E79D +09: E79E +10: E79F +11: E7A0
+12: E799 +13: E79A +14: E79B +15: E79C
1CC53C34 1456E6F8
1CC53C3C 1456E6F1
1CC53C44 1456E6F2
1CC53C4C 1456E6F3
4CC53C3A 1456E7A5
4CC53C42 1456E7A5
4CC53C4A 1456E7A5
4CC53C52 1456E7A5
4CC53C5A 1456E7A5
4CC53C62 1456E7A5
2C878329 14846CA1
0CC7BD66 1456B20C
2CB78329 14846CA1
0CC7BD66 1456AC0C
1CB54EC8 1456E7A5
0CC7BD66 1456B10C
1CB54E8C 0656E7A5
0CC7BD66 1456B10C
1CB54EC8 1456E7A5
NOTE , 1st will probably dont change anything (and since if you code breaker item to something and then purchase it, if it has not item that is infinite in sale, when you save and reload game without code breaker activated, item that was filled place code breaker item was ocupied will also be gone from shop,l for good, and you cannot buy it anymore), it is best to just change 2nd and 3rd item and only buy from shields shop, since Leathers medium and large shileds there are infinite)
(example, changing xxxxxxxx to 000001DA in 2nd will make bag apear in shield shop instead medium shield), never change line 0052BB00 00000008, it is like master code for shop)

0052BB00 00000008
2052BB04 xxxxxxxx 1st
2052BB0C xxxxxxxx 2nd
2052BB14 xxxxxxxx 3rd
2052BB1C xxxxxxxx 4th
2052BB24 xxxxxxxx 5th

Value of xxxxxxxx
dagger
00000001 Dagger
00000002 Poison Dagger
00000003 Chris Knife
00000004 Vespa
00000005 Crotaros
00000006 Narcose
00000007 Dirt (cannot be bought)
00000008 Seax
00000009 Critical knife
0000000A Rune knife
0000000B Seaf Dagger
0000000C Mangosh
0000000D Sword Breaker
0000000E Stan knife
0000000F Return Dagger
00000010 Paper knife
00000011 Air knife
00000012 Sleep Dagger
00000013 Blood knife
00000014 Karadwolf
00000015 Bolt knife
00000016 Assassin Dagger (Assassin)

sword
00000021 Short sword
00000022 Bronze Sword
00000023 longsword
00000024 Night Sword
00000025 Broad sword
00000026 Mace Sword
00000027 Charis Sword
00000028 High Metal Sword
00000029 Mithril Sword
0000002A Rapier
0000002B Estoc
0000002C Fire Sword
0000002D Thunder Sword
0000002E Cutlass
0000002F scimitar
00000030 Shamshir
00000031 Devine Sword
00000032 Bastard Sword
00000033 Zweihander
00000034 great sword
00000036 Kill blade
00000037 Brim Langer
00000038 God sword Vajira
00000039 Roadgram
0000003A God Sword Vritra
0000003B Balmung
0000003C Sword reserve
0000003D Lasetal
0000003E Succeed
0000003F Kingdom military sword
00000040 Empire official sword
00000041 Poison Mace
00000042 Overcutlass
00000043 Light Club
00000044 Old-fashioned imperial sword
00000045 Albatross
00000046 Horse sword
00000047 Oversimitar
00000048 saber
00000049 Avalanche Sword
0000004A Dark Mace
0000004B Balmung
0000004C Balmung
00000059 Ignite Sword
0000005A Sensual
0000005B Gudrun
0000005C Halperia
0000005D Adlastia
0000005E Broken mace
0000005F Broken big sword
00000060 Broken sword

spear
00000060 Broken spear
00000061 Pilum
00000062 Pilanza
00000063 Javelin
00000064 Light Spear
00000065 Spear
00000066 Long Spear
00000067 Mithril Spear
00000068 Phalanx
00000069 Clave
0000006A lance
0000006B Octan
0000006C Hallose Lance
0000006D Forage
0000006E Needle Spear
0000006F Dragonlance
00000071 Wind Spear
00000072 Kaelm Spear
00000073 Pike
00000074 Eushflone
00000075 Kingdom Official Spear
00000076 Empire official spear
00000077 Halberd
00000078 fork
00000079 Battle fork
0000007A heat fork
0000007B Harpoon
0000007C Old-fashioned imperial spear
0000007D Galfolk
0000007E Hand Spear
0000007F Studio prototype spear
0000008A Broken fork
0000008B Heavy Lance
0000008D Vordan's Spear
0000008E Brunak
0000008F Broken lance

axe
00000091 Hand Ax
00000092 Francisca
00000093 Hatchet
00000094 Tomahawk
00000095 Thunder Ax
00000096 Light Ax
00000097 Wood Ax
00000098 Banded Ax
00000099 Broad Ax
0000009A Battle Ax
0000009B Scissor Ax
0000009C Warpick
0000009D Mithril Ax
0000009E Horse-killing ax
0000009F Hammer Ax
000000A0 Shield Ax
000000A1 Great Ax
000000A2 Maosa Wolf
000000A3 Defender
000000A4 Giants Ax
000000A5 Kingdom Official Ax
000000A6 Empire Official Ax
000000A8 Burberry Ax
000000A9 Curly Ax
000000AA Bhuj
000000AB Battle Saw
000000AC Old Empire Ax
000000AD Kuax
000000AE Hot sand ax
000000AF Glacier ax
000000B0 Thundercloud Ax
000000B1 spare
000000B9 Crushing Hammer
000000BC Tabargin
000000BD Thor Hammer
000000BF Gullveig

bow
000000C1 Light Bow
000000C2 short bow
000000C3 longbow
000000C4 Conduit Bow
000000C5 Power Bow
000000C6 Sylph Bow
000000C7 Great Bow
000000C8 Bus Canyon
000000C9 Kingdom Official Bow
000000CA Empire Official Bow
000000CB Serenia Bow
000000CC hand bow
000000CD Old-fashioned empire bow
000000CE Rapid Archer Bow
000000CF Apollo bow
000000D0 Triple shooting bow
000000D1 Bus Canyon
000000D6 Magic Bow Aveyron
000000D7 Holy Bow Ross Weise
000000D8 broken bow
000000D9 Light Crossbow
000000DA crossbow
000000DB Heavy Crossbow
000000DC arbalest
000000DD Repeater Bow
000000DE Gatling Bow
000000DF Bren Crossbow
000000E0 Sniper Bow
000000E1 Kingdom Official Crossbow
000000E3 Empire Official Crossbow
000000E4 crossbow gun
000000E5 Old Empire Stone Bow
000000E6 Hawkeye
000000EF Crossbow
000000F0 Broken crossbow
000000F1 Light varistor
000000F2 Varistor
000000F3 heavy varistor
000000F4 Dora
000000F5 Old-fashioned varistor
000000F6 Scorpion
000000F7 Prototype Scorpion
000000F8 Prototype Dora
000000FC Broken varistor

magic
000000FD fire
000000FE hellfire
000000FF Earth Blaze
00000100 Fire Breath
00000101 Leather L Shield
00000102 Hell Blaze
00000104 Broken orb
00000105 Thunder
00000106 Lightning
00000107 Bren Thunder
00000108 Palas Serenia
0000010B Tall Breath
0000010C Broken orb
0000010D Air blade
0000010E Blizzard
0000010F Palas Liana
00000110 Windstorm
00000111 Ice breath
00000112 Wundergast
00000113 Thunderstorm
00000114 Broken orb
00000115 Scylla
00000116 Janula
00000117 Tumahan
00000118 Hellworm
0000011A Pow crash
0000011B Black Metio
0000011D Dark heel
0000011E Sleep
0000011F Versak
00000120 Janula
00000127 Broken orb
00000128 Broken orb
00000129 Heel
0000012A Range heel
0000012B Area heel
0000012C Hello
0000012D Manadil
0000012E Heel II
0000012F Cure heel
00000130 Escape
00000131 Nurse
00000132 Holy
00000135 Half heel
00000136 Starlight
00000147 Broken orb
00000148 Broken orb

S shield
00000149 Kingdom Soldier Buckler
0000014A Imperial Soldier Buckler
0000014B buckler
0000014C Aspis
0000014D Metal shield
0000014E Mithril Shield
0000014F Charis Shield
00000150 Round shield
00000151 Shine Shield
00000152 Belsida
00000153 Old-fashioned Empire Buckler
00000154 Flame Shield
00000155 Wind shield
00000156 Lightning Shield
00000157 Light shield
00000158 Shield of Darkness
00000159 Imperial Soldier Buckler +
0000015A Imperial Senior Soldier Buckler
0000015B Leather S Shield
0000015C Imperial Knight Buckler
0000015D Forenden
0000015E Studio prototype buckler
00000160 Ajax Shield

M shield
00000161 Kingdom Soldier Square Shield
00000162 Imperial Soldier Square Shield
00000163 Kite Shield
00000164 Tower Shield
00000165 Night Shield
00000167 Limit Shield
00000168 Paladin Shield
00000169 Dragon Shield
0000016A Black Shield
0000016B Flame shield
0000016C Shield of the gust of wind
0000016D Thundercloud Shield
0000016E Bright shield
0000016F Shield of darkness
00000170 Kingdom Soldier Square Shield +
00000171 Leather M Shield
00000172 Imperial Senior Soldier Square Shield
00000173 Imperial Knight Square Shield

L shield
00000178 Flame Shield Hestia
00000179 Kingdom Soldier Pavise
0000017A Imperial Soldier Great Shield
0000017B Large Shield
0000017C Iron Shield
0000017D Shield reserve
0000017E Leather L Shield
0000017F Great Shield
00000180 General's shield
00000181 Fire God's Shield
00000182 Wind God Shield
00000183 Thunder God's Shield
00000184 Evil God's Shield
00000185 Shield reserve
00000186 Imperial Soldier Great Shield +
00000187 Imperial Senior Soldier Great Shield
00000188 Imperial Knight Great Shield
00000189 Shield reserve
0000018A Shield reserve
0000018B Shield reserve
0000018C Shield reserve
0000018D Shield reserve
0000018E Broken shield
0000018F Broken shield
00000190 Broken shield

arrow
00000191 Tree arrow
00000192 Bronze arrow
00000193 Iron arrow
00000194 Empire official arrow
00000195 Empire Official Arrow +
00000196 Steel arrow
00000197 Mithril Arrow
00000198 Deadly Arrow
00000199 Sleeping arrow
0000019A Poison arrow
0000019B Thunder God's Arrow
0000019C Horse killing arrow
0000019D Snipe Arrow
0000019E Penetrating arrow
0000019F Destructive Shield Arrow
000001A0 Barista arrow
000001A1 Old-fashioned barista arrow
000001A2 Stone arrow
000001A3 Heat Arrow
000001A4 Freeze Arrow
000001A5 Iron Arrow +
000001A6 Steel arrow +
000001A7 Bronze arrow +
000001A9 New barista arrow

Bracelets and amulets
000001AD Precision bracelet
000001AE Priestess's bracelet
000001AF Agile bracelet
000001B0 Defensive bracelet
000001B1 Power bracelet
000001B2 Prayer amulet
000001B3 Miraculous Amulet
000001B5 Healing amulet
000001B6 Amulet of thieves
000001B7 Meteor Amulet
000001B8 Moonlight Amulet
000001B9 Sun amulet
000001BA Giant's bracelet
000001BB Tenma's bracelet
000001BC Priest's bracelet
000001BD Bishop's bracelet
000001BE White tiger bracelet
000001BF Phoenix bracelet
000001C0 Purgatory bracelet
000001C1 Musou bracelet
000001C3 Flame Ring
000001C4 Wind ring
000001C5 Lightning Ring
000001C6 Ring of light
000001C7 Ring of darkness
000001C8 Fire Dragon Scales
000001C9 Ice Dragon Scales
000001CA Thunder Dragon Scales
000001CB Flying Dragon Scales
000001CC Thor scales

Items used
000001CD Potion I
000001CE Potion II
000001CF Potion III
000001D0 Treasure
000001D1 Door key
000001D2 Elixir of strength
000001D3 Defensive elixir
000001D4 Speedy Elixir
000001D5 Elixir of physical strength
000001D6 Mental elixir
000001D7 Cure Potion
000001D9 Detoxification
000001DA mobile bag
000001DD Repairstone
000001DF Smelling salts
000001E0 Sedative
000001E7 gold coin
000001E8 silver coin

A strong spare item
Attack accuracy attribute rank range supplement
0133 ? 1CC53C2C 1456E6D8 Reserve 23 4 Sacred 1 .0 ~ 1 Lars on Lars invalidation
0134 ? 1CC53C2C 1456E6D1 Reserve 21 1 (spirit +20) + sacred skill% recovery
0137 1CC53C2C 1456E6D4 Spare 2 7 0
0138 1CC53C2C 1456E6CD Spare 3.7 7 0
0139 1CC53C2C 1456E6CE Spare 4 12 0
013A. 1CC53C2C 1456E6CF Spare 5 12 0
013B. 1CC53C2C 1456E6D0 Spare 6 7 0
013C. 1CC53C2C 1456E6C9 Spare 7 7 7 0
013D. 1CC53C2C 1456E6CA. Spare
013E ? 1CC53C2C 1456E6CB. Spare
013F ? 1CC53C2C 1456E6CC. Spare
0140 ? 1CC53C2C 1456E665 Spare 0 1 Endurance recovery
0141 ? 1CC53C2C 1456E666 Spare 0 1 Warp
0142 1CC53C2C 1456E667 Spare 0.0 ~ 3 (some barrier? No effect?)
0143 1CC53C2C 1456E668 Reserve 0 1 Strength up (no effect?)
0144 1CC53C2C 1456E661 Reserve 0 1 Defense UP (no effect?)
0145 ? 1CC53C2C 1456E662 Spare 10 10 0 0 ~ 1
0146 ? 1CC53C2C 1456E663 Spare 7 18 10 0 0 ~ 1

Endemic

Arcane
Hello Endemic, i firstly want to thank you for your lets play , it helped me a great deal to reach Chapter 5 in my first playthrough of this game

You're welcome. If you're short on resources in Chapter 5 for whatever reason, then I recommend playing defensively and just holding the river line. One of the citizen requests does require you to venture out a bit, but you can use Marcel to protect Christine on the turn she talks to Arnold.

SasaPinjic

Literate
I am now in chapter 7 ,Reese just get promoted, playing was much easier after i restarted from scratch with save every turn option on (since code made it possible that you save and load it without isshues, i belive it was origininaly designed that game has this, but was later changed), i was able to finish main mission 5 with capturing Lyarc alive in turn 10 ,as well as capturing enemy "Ward look a like beard" General in main mission 6 ,altough Arthur get cripled and captured as well, but loot was well worth it to pay for its ransom.
Playing this way made it possible to use less powerhouses, i only used Clifford ,Faramir, and Sherpa once, Volo twice and ward twice, so other underleveled charactes have more time, all my characters are at least lv7 and good on weapon skills, except Elbert, who struggle to get no more that 2 spear skills per stage, altough i never use sword,he is only at spear 12 now.

Last edited:

Endemic

Arcane
I am now in chapter 7 ,Reese just get promoted, playing was much easier after i restarted from scratch with save every turn option on (since code made it possible that you save and load it without isshues, i belive it was origininaly designed that game has this, but was later changed)

:? Are you suggesting a code hack is equivalent to designer intent? The saving every 5 turns was absolutely intended - it was playtested that way by the QA team as well. Tear Ring Saga limited saves in battle by providing limited uses of the save staff item. Vestaria Saga I and II also have a 5 turn save system. The only Kaga-directed game that had saves every turn was FE4, but the maps were several times larger (a few thousand tiles) and more complex as well.

Of course, if you have fun using the mod\codes, that's fair enough. I'm just saying that you might be overlooking tools available to the player that help meet the game's challenges.

SasaPinjic

Literate
I know it was play tested like that, it was mearly a tought that they initialy inteded to have save every turn, and they changed mind later and increased dificulty.
Battles like one in main mission 5 lead me to belive that,in which in each turn you have 12 of yours, at least triple that of enemies and several of allied units to to move each turn, and in 5 turns of huge battle like that,it is impossible to not have unwanted thing to happpen(your 95% evade unit get critical and died, protected important allied unit died key unit for battle crippled, important weapon like your last harpoon braked when it has 1% chance for that, your 24k denarii worth at start of battle fresh, morachia warhorse died because of several instances of bad hits,in which you was able to heal unit between rounds but not horse,etc).
Like i said, i was trying that perticular battle for 3 days in a row, and something like that alwais hapened that maked me reload and atempted again and again.
And i was alwais wonderin , before each reload "impossible, it is imposible that it was intended to be this hard" ,lol.
And said circumstances made me quit game after 3 days of that torture.

Endemic

Arcane
I know it was play tested like that, it was mearly a tought that they initialy inteded to have save every turn, and they changed mind later and increased dificulty.

Not to my knowledge. But I wasn't in the development team, I can only go by what Kaga said on his blog.

Battles like one in main mission 5 lead me to belive that,in which in each turn you have 12 of yours, at least triple that of enemies and several of allied units to to move each turn

You forgot that the generic enemies are individually weaker than your party, and you have terrain advantages.

and in 5 turns of huge battle like that,it is impossible to not have unwanted thing to happpen(your 95% evade unit get critical and died

95% isn't 100%. Good positioning and the use of guard\provoke substantially mitigates this risk.

protected important allied unit died key unit for battle crippled

Who? Could you upload your save so I can check it? The PCSX2 memory card file, I mean.

important weapon like your last harpoon braked when it has 1% chance for that

This is a legitimate complaint, I've said I don't like the RNG aspect of durability (it kicks in too early as well).

your 24k denarii worth at start of battle fresh, morachia warhorse

That was your first mistake. Don't spend all your money on fancy horses when you need to equip 11 units. Secondly, there is the dismount option - use it appropriately.

died because of several instances of bad hits,in which you was able to heal unit between rounds but not horse,etc).

Again, dismounting is there for a reason.

Like i said, i was trying that particular battle for 3 days in a row, and something like that alwais hapened that maked me reload and atempted again and again.

Were you using the same tactics and moves each time?

And i was alwais wonderin , before each reload "impossible, it is imposible that it was intended to be this hard" ,lol.
And said circumstances made me quit game after 3 days of that torture.

Send me the save file, as I said. I'll be happy to walk you through a strategy and discuss what you did wrong.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom