Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gaznak

Learned
Oh, Natty Bumppo the Hawkeye Bethesda has finally noticed that generic fantasy settings are out of vogue. Now it will be generic sci-fi setting that is out of vogue as well. Success is imminent.

Readher

Savant
9 months before release, and still they're only showing concept art. This game will be rough. So far, the trend with Xbox Game Studios titles has been that they have nice graphics, zero innovation, and are generally mediocre (AoE4, Psychonauts 2, Halo Infinite, Forza 5) but their budgets were huge (500 million were wasted on Halo Infinite according to estimates). Microsoft clearly doesn't give a shit about quality because they only care about game pass numbers, and the dumb goyim who pay for game pass don't care about quality either, because if they did, they wouldn't be using game pass in the first place. This is a perfect environment for someone who tends to lie and procrastinate, like Todd. Why work hard when you can just milk Microsoft's money until kingdom come. Hence why they're still only showing concept art. This game will suck ass.
The only reason they revealed this game so early was due to FO76 fiasco. They needed to calm people down and show that FO76 was a side-project and that they're still doing their traditional SP sandbox experiences. Normally they'd only reveal it this year and rush marketing like they did with FO4 since it did wonders to the hype. Since they were forced to reveal the game much earlier though, they're just drip feeding some inconsequential shit from time to time. Expect massive marketing and hype campaign starting with E3.

wishbonetail

Learned
If I could name my character Todd and nuCodswoth would adress me as commodore Todd , I'll buy it.
No, forget Codsworth. I want chicks, leather bound chicks to adress me as commodore Todd... yeah.

ChildInTime

Learned
Everything looks and sounds fine, except for one red flag - pronouns in character creation. I fucking hate this new trend of They/Them faggotry, I thought Bethesda would be above it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Everything looks and sounds fine, except for one red flag - pronouns in character creation. I fucking hate this new trend of They/Them faggotry, I thought Bethesda would be above it.
At least it's not pronouns in medieval fantasy gaem like with solasta.

Codex Year of the Donut
9 months before release, and still they're only showing concept art. This game will be rough. So far, the trend with Xbox Game Studios titles has been that they have nice graphics, zero innovation, and are generally mediocre (AoE4, Psychonauts 2, Halo Infinite, Forza 5) but their budgets were huge (500 million were wasted on Halo Infinite according to estimates). Microsoft clearly doesn't give a shit about quality because they only care about game pass numbers, and the dumb goyim who pay for game pass don't care about quality either, because if they did, they wouldn't be using game pass in the first place. This is a perfect environment for someone who tends to lie and procrastinate, like Todd. Why work hard when you can just milk Microsoft's money until kingdom come. Hence why they're still only showing concept art. This game will suck ass.
This isn't how Bethesda marketing works. They barely ever show anything until just before release.

9 months before release, and still they're only showing concept art.
no man's shit showed nothing up to game release. why work hard and pay skilled, costly professionals when you can spend everything in marketing and sell billions of copies anyway?
Will it be good like Starglider 2?
starglider 2 was actually a genuine masterpiece, a technical marvel.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The funny thing is that the lastest news from Star Citizen is that finally backers are slowly realizing that they were bamboozled and the game wont be released after Cloud Imperium developers removed pretty much 75% of the road map claiming people were making too much noise demanding a game that started development in 2011 should show consistent progress while Bethesda, that is one of the most technically incompetent developers of the entire gaming industry managed to release 3 games on that time frame and will release a space game with explorable planets before Chris Roberts.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For roleplaying purposes all dialogues should include:
a)Yes
b)No
c)Who's laughing now, bitch?
I'm confident that Bethesda will provide a much better RP experience, giving you four fascinating choices, not just three.
a) Yes
b) Yes, but with a sarcastic tone
c) No ... but if I change my mind I'll be back
d) I'll give you my answer later

Alphons

Cipher
You can choose your pronouns, so it's going to be the most immersive RPG game experience since Underworld: Ascendant.

KateMicucci

Arcane
None of the concept art released so far looks distinctive from any other space setting, except for how exceptionally lacking in character it is.

Skyrim in Space should be easy. Alien space tombs. Bandit satellite shootouts in zero gravity (just swimming with the water made invisible). Green glass space armor. Space dragons. Space nude mods. It's like everything they're releasing is deliberating boring.

notpl

Arbiter
None of the concept art released so far looks distinctive from any other space setting, except for how exceptionally lacking in character it is.

Skyrim in Space should be easy. Alien space tombs. Bandit satellite shootouts in zero gravity (just swimming with the water made invisible). Green glass space armor. Space dragons. Space nude mods. It's like everything they're releasing is deliberating boring.
Did you play Fallout 4?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom