Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch)

Puukko

Arcane

What do you get when you put Xenoblade 1 and 2 in a blender?

I am cautiously optimistic. I'd rather them drop 2 completely (which is a fabulously optimistic idea) but perhaps its faults can be mended by combining it with 1.

Now, excuse me while I get back to Xenogears...

Falksi

Arcane

I am cautiously optimistic. I'd rather them drop 2 completely (which is a fabulously optimistic idea) but perhaps its faults can be mended by combining it with 1.

The voice acting is amazing.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Hyped for it, it's probably the game that will close the xenoblade series with a grand finale. My only fear is that they would tone down the fan service because now most big franchises are censored during development, the western branch tells them what is haram. Takahashi has always been a giga otaku so not all hope is lost.
yaVbEF6.jpg

The globo homo trying to make all cultures the same is the biggest threat to gaming, every single game will be AAA cinematic trash in the future.

cruel

Cipher
D1P. First Xenoblade was great, probably in my top 10 games ever. Happy to see that the new one seems much closer to X1 and not X2 (the overall vibe).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The trailer doesn't make me very hopeful. Seems to be doubling down on everything wrong with XBC2. The bland artstyle. Overchoreographed cutscenes. Lackluster English voice acting. I hope this is the last game, because I don't find the XBC world very interesting and I would like to see the story of X get a conclusion (plus, X has Skells).

Puukko

Arcane
The trailer doesn't make me very hopeful. Seems to be doubling down on everything wrong with XBC2. The bland artstyle. Overchoreographed cutscenes. Lackluster English voice acting. I hope this is the last game, because I don't find the XBC world very interesting and I would like to see the story of X get a conclusion (plus, X has Skells).
I'd really like them to reintroduce more of the hard scifi and religious elements rather than magic fantasy (with some throwaway sciencey explanation in the background), but that would clash with the shounen and alienate normies.

Perkel

Arcane
Nice. Worth noting that this is officially Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2 sequel at the same time. Director of xeno said that this is not something they did recently but it was planned when they started to work on Xeno2.

Which might sound logical if you didn't know how both games end.

I wish though they would do XCX definitive edition and rework game to fix its issues because under that skin there is a lot meat that is rotten and instead i could be nice steak.

I'd really like them to reintroduce more of the hard scifi and religious elements rather than magic fantasy (with some throwaway sciencey explanation in the background), but that would clash with the shounen and alienate normies.

They tried that multiple times and it always failed.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Every fucking person who likes xb 1 over 2 is a FF loving nigger, really makes you think. I have over 360hs of xb2 and it's post game is fantastic, something that final faggtansy fans would never get as they are the lowest conmon denominator.

cruel

Cipher
X1 has nothing to do with FF. The main difference (X1 vs X2) is that the second one seems to be addressed to 12 year olds. X1 has some pretty dark stuff happening in the first few hours, vs X2 giving you Poppi and 'yes master!'.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
>seems to be

there's darker shit in xbc2 than there is in the first one as well as more sci-fi and religious tones than the first one had and it feels more like the other xeno games in regards to its themes...

I'm convinced most of the xbc2 haters didn't play past the 3rd chapter or something, if even the game, they never say they dislike the game because they don't like the combat system or they don't like the gacha shit (a fair criticism tbqh) or any other number of things related to the actual game it's just "uhh XBC2 is for KIDS" or "XBC2 is for WEEBS it's not like XBC because uhhh it just is!" or trannies mad that female blades are hot

XBC1 looked and took itself more seriously (not counting the so-called "definitive edition" that replaced the painterly character models with generic moeblobs). The main cast has adults mixed in there, and the teenagers don't act like bratty anime teenagers all the time (except for Reyn, whose only character trait was that he was a buffoon). The story didn't detour too much into modern anime hijinks and was focused on chasing down the heads of a killer robot army. XBC2, on the other hand, has a cast pretty much made up of bratty kids, and the story meanders and is bogged down by quite a lot of scenes of the kids fooling around. It looks like XBC3 is also going to have yet another cast of bratty teenagers.

4K8CRmT.jpg

jungl

Augur
maybe one day XB2 will run good on ryujinx and I care about 3s release. I stopped playing it after MEH MEH MEH MEH MEH MUH MEH was introduced and combat became the most annoying thing since dumb and dumbers most annoying sound.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I'm convinced most of the xbc2 haters didn't play past the 3rd chapter or something, if even the game, they never say they dislike the game because they don't like the combat system or they don't like the gacha shit (a fair criticism tbqh) or any other number of things related to the actual game it's just "uhh XBC2 is for KIDS" or "XBC2 is for WEEBS it's not like XBC because uhhh it just is!" or trannies mad that female blades are hot

I played XC2 for a good 80h (finished the game) and is not until chapter 5 that the story starts to get good.. The game is good but it's super inconcistent and the artstyle is a mess because the artist guests. The highs of the game are super highs (Jin , chapter 8-9 and the bosses) but the lows ... ooof. Chapter 4 in general is just why. Also fuck Tora and his stupid mini game. Legit never used Poppi because of him. XC1 is just solid entire game while 2 is just.. weird af. And Zeke is the goat.

Anyway. I FUCKING HYPE FOR XC3. I really like the design of the characters and the game seems more in line with XC1.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Also NIA STILL HAS GOT THEM HIPS. THE CATGIRL STILL HAS THE HIPS AND MELIA IS BACK TOO.

FLMG3WRVgAEtf8b.png

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
4D51TIL.jpg

"We wuz architects and shit nigga, Adam wuz the blackes negro there was but white crackas lied about him being blond and shit"

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

I still prefer:

Falksi

Arcane

I still prefer:

:lol:

I'd definitely go with the metal track on that one :dance:

Falksi

Arcane
4D51TIL.jpg

"We wuz architects and shit nigga, Adam wuz the blackes negro there was but white crackas lied about him being blond and shit"

If that's the most accurate representation we're gonna get of jiggaboos in gaming from here on I'll take that every day of the week. Looks like my mate Tim after 2 weeks in Malia.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom