Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost Ark Online

Jimeh

Educated
I went Scrapper, too. Game is sweet.

That win7 fix I posted a few pages ago still works, BTW. Would prolly work on win8, too. Just back up your reg first then there's no harm trying it out.

Getting pretty close to level 50!

1,000,000 player peak on Steam lol

made

Arcane
Played for a few hours as a zerker. Combat is a welcome change from the usual button-mashing MMOs/Diablo Clones. So far the mobs are too easy to make a final judgement but it has potential if the difficulty ramps up.

Can you play this comfortably to lvl cap without excessive grinding/spending?

deama

Prophet
Scrapper so far is pretty fun, I'm probably going to focus on skill mobility and use them to move around, feels a tad slow right now but with a +10-20% attack speed buff it'll feel great I bet.

That win7 fix I posted a few pages ago still works, BTW. Would prolly work on win8, too. Just back up your reg first then there's no harm trying it out.

I didn't have to do any fix and I'm on win 8.1, maybe you don't need it on win 8.1?

BTW, alt+x(twice) hides most of the UI while keeping the hotbar.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Sykar Was torn between Gunslinger and Deadeye but I think if I end up playing this I'm gonna main Deadeye (formerly Devil hunter in Asia). Just waiting for them to iron things out

Gunslinger is better overall in pve and pvp and safer class but Deadeye more fun to play and high risk-high reward. probably higher ceiling in 1v1 too. i think the most fun class tbh
How is the super sayan class ? Soul something? i mean in pve and pvp

which class do you mean? everything looks like a super sayan in this game
The last martial artist subclass in the list wich has 3 power levels, khameahmeaha and genkidama, hence super sayan. I'm too lazy to google the name but i think you got wich one

ElectricOtter

nigger resurrects 11 yr old alt to shill this faggy ass game lmao xd

linux > wincel loserdom :3

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I really like the combat here, some of the best aRPG combat I've played. I'm a little concerned about system depth, however, and obviously the aesthetics are terrifyingly horrid shite.

Cromwell

Arcane
I rated FN not your message but amazon . I got in my server with 0 queue . It seems there are a lot less player compared to yesterday. We'll see this evening

so did I and after relogging I had an 8k queue. which is of course an improvement to the 13k yesterday

Cromwell

Arcane
Guess I better not log out until I go to bed!

friend of mine wanted to try and now sits in a 24k queue. its also possible to not even get to the queue but get the to high traffic error which terminates the game. I use a makro that klicks the attack button every few seconds for x iterations to not get logged out if I have to do soemthing around the house. else I would bring my son to bed would get logged out and not be able to play because the queue time would be way past my bedtime.

Sunri

Liturgist
https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/srapij/im_watching_a_certain_40k_streamer_on_twitch_p2w/

For years I was told

"Lost Ark isn't pay to win, it's pay to CONVENIENCE"

"it's pay to PROGRESS MARGINALLY FASTER"

and so on and so forth. It seems like every non-inflammatory synonym of the term "win" was substituted by these shills just so they could make some sort of excuse.

But this guy just spent $350+, currency exchanged all of it for gold, bought all the upgrade mats, and gained 200+ item level and is now one of the top gear players.

So what the fuck is this? This shit IS p2w. The whole "he's doing something that a f2p player can get in time" is just a fucking stupid excuse. Time is money. He's paying for a big advantage and it's obvious, which is made even worse because of the games time-locked nature for progression.

The only option to stay even remotely competitive (and still never match the whales) is to play 6 fucking alts. SIX FUCKING ALTS. DAILY. Nice fucking """"game"""" this is a glorified mobile gacha.

Oh yeah and the RNG upgrade mechanics is stupid. No wonder this is the #1 MMO in Korea

:prosper:

Cromwell

Arcane
isn't 200 item level is just some random drop tier shit from mid-game story locations?

I have no idea but from what I read the top for whats released is somewhere around thousand? While I dont like P2W it comes down to how annoying it is for me eprsonally. If someone can buy shit and be faster than me it doesnt matter much, if I have to invest months of stupid grind to see content or pay up I just quit.

Sykar

Arcane
gender locked classes are a travesty

I guess Diablo was a travesty then.
:nocountryforshitposters:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/srapij/im_watching_a_certain_40k_streamer_on_twitch_p2w/

For years I was told

"Lost Ark isn't pay to win, it's pay to CONVENIENCE"

"it's pay to PROGRESS MARGINALLY FASTER"

and so on and so forth. It seems like every non-inflammatory synonym of the term "win" was substituted by these shills just so they could make some sort of excuse.

But this guy just spent $350+, currency exchanged all of it for gold, bought all the upgrade mats, and gained 200+ item level and is now one of the top gear players.

So what the fuck is this? This shit IS p2w. The whole "he's doing something that a f2p player can get in time" is just a fucking stupid excuse. Time is money. He's paying for a big advantage and it's obvious, which is made even worse because of the games time-locked nature for progression.

The only option to stay even remotely competitive (and still never match the whales) is to play 6 fucking alts. SIX FUCKING ALTS. DAILY. Nice fucking """"game"""" this is a glorified mobile gacha.

Oh yeah and the RNG upgrade mechanics is stupid. No wonder this is the #1 MMO in Korea

:prosper:

So why are you not quoting the responses?

Soda whaled out and still only 560 item level. I'm at 700 right now and I haven't used the cash shop yet. I have 3 characters total. Game is p2w so as most mmos out there. But it doesnt really matter. He had all that gear and still spent 3 hrs in a dungeon that is being cleared by sub 500 item level people in under 1 hr.

By that logic GW2 is pay2win because you can literally swipe a card, buy a ton of gold and craft Ascended gear immediately. Since the game has horizontal progression and Ascended gear is the best gear there will ever be, you have essentially “won” the game.

But that’s not how MMOs work. Everyone plays at their own pace and most people have no business competing to be world top #10. PvP is standardised in LA as well, which means you’ll never be at a disadvantage and will still be able to do all the content for free.

Why do you want to be the world first or top #50 at an MMO? Makes no sense. This is not a MOBA that’s competitive.

He’s getting the advantage of skipping 90% of the game… Sounds reaaaal fun.

One of my friends suffers from the “I have to be the best in my friend circle” syndrome, and every time I pass his GS he’s rushing content and spending cash just to catch up. He missed over 200 Mokoko seeds, and doesn’t even have Song of Resonance yet.

I get that people have endgame addiction, but fuck, enjoy the game first before you burn yourself out on trying to be the best right?

So in essence, the dumbfuck wasted money to skip most of the leveling so he can grind more engame content. Real genius that guy is.
:hmmm:

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom