Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Imagine saying Capra Demon is broken and at the same time believing to be good at the game. :lol:

Plus not to mention that environmental constraint is a legitimate part of encounter design. Never understand people who whine about some boss being unfair if they cannot fight with them in some huge empty flat room.
I doubt being stuck in a crossing mist animation and get attacked when you are unable to move is good encounter design. In fact sounds like more a bug to me.

ferratilis

Magister

image.png

ferratilis

Magister
My PC is more than capable to run this game, but I'll still wait for reviews and benchmarks. Don't know what it is, but there is something suspicious about this release. It could have weird framepacing issues or poor optimization on release, otherwise they wouldn't wait this long to post the requirements. The engine is probably stretched to its limits at this point.

Brickfrog

Learned
I'm curious what the general opinion of the codex is on the Souls series? Do people here hate it for the imposed reflex requirements or do they like it the fragmented narrative and interesting world building?

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm more interested to see if they'll manage to fix the serious security issue featured in the game (and all previous Souls games on the PC) that allows hackers to run unsigned code through the game. Bamco even shut down the multiplayer in Dark Souls Remastered because of it.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
My PC is more than capable to run this game, but I'll still wait for reviews and benchmarks. Don't know what it is, but there is something suspicious about this release. It could have weird framepacing issues or poor optimization on release, otherwise they wouldn't wait this long to post the requirements. The engine is probably stretched to its limits at this point.

The real end boss of Elden Ring: The game engine itself!

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
DS3 was optimized like shit and if its true how much of this is recycled ds3 spaghetti, this will probably run even worse. It will have nothing to do with your hardware btw, I think they are posting the requirements this late and that high in an attempt to hope people just CPU brute force the fuck past their shit optimization.

Can't wait to see 40% gpu usage again

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Imagine saying Capra Demon is broken and at the same time believing to be good at the game. :lol:

Plus not to mention that environmental constraint is a legitimate part of encounter design. Never understand people who whine about some boss being unfair if they cannot fight with them in some huge empty flat room.
I doubt being stuck in a crossing mist animation and get attacked when you are unable to move is good encounter design. In fact sounds like more a bug to me.

Capra 1000% cannot attack and hit you while you are stuck in the fog transition animation. You are fully in control of your character before the dogs or Capra can harm you.

In short, git gud, scrub.

deem

Savant
Ok, I should be good. Cyberpunk was the newest game I played and it worked just fine on high settings sans ray tracing.

randir14

Augur
Specs are high for a cross gen game. I hope I can at least do 4K/60 since I'll be playing on my TV.

notpl

Arbiter

Classes being more or less the same as DS3 (e.g: Confessor = Assassin) makes me slightly worried.

Why? There are only a small handful of archetypes in a typical fantasy setting, trying to reinvent the wheel usually results in making something worse.

Also, Assassin was rapier + sorcery, this is sword + miracles.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane

Classes being more or less the same as DS3 (e.g: Confessor = Assassin) makes me slightly worried.

Why? There are only a small handful of archetypes in a typical fantasy setting, trying to reinvent the wheel usually results in making something worse.

Also, Assassin was rapier + sorcery, this is sword + miracles.

Nothing to do with fantasy archetypes but with gameplay. Archetypes are valid/interesting approches to gameplay proposed by the devs. If they propose a new (to some degree) gameplay, but then provide same old archetypes as DS3, it makes me think that a) gameplay is not really that different from previous games or b) it is different to some degree but they didn't put much thought into ways players can explore that difference. Last but not least: from all Souls games so far, why ape DS3 concepts, the worst Souls game of all?

Worrisome, at the least.

Brickfrog

Learned
Gameplay hasn't changed much since whenever demon's souls came out tbh. That's ok, I'll still keep drinking that garbage.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom