Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
PC-specific:
- added a Walk keybind (incline!)
- added graphics benchmarks
- AMD DLSS-equivalent support with ray tracing (I think?)

Also Variable Rate Shading.

Quillon

Arcane
why is the police climbing out the windows to shoot? this ain't a gang drive-by, have some dignity ffs :smug:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
They also added some new weapons and attachments dunno if it's part of free dlc but the new scopes and silencers are welcome as the variety in the base game wasn't great the more they add the better.

cyberpunk2077screenshbhkum.png

cyberpunk2077screenshwlk46.png

cyberpunk2077screenshjpjbj.png

cyberpunk2077screenshzijtq.png

cyberpunk2077screenshjqk91.png

cyberpunk2077screensh5ljec.png

cyberpunk2077screensh9qkxa.png
cyberpunk2077screenshgukzp.png

So game finally come out of early access?
Wait for final edition with all dlc it will be out of early acces by then.

Last edited by a moderator:

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
So, honestly, it's barely a patch.

Two new cheap guns, some fixer guns, shitty apartments, police sometimes chase gangers, you get more cars. Crowds react a bit better and clones are way down. That's of sustenance in game. Not just 'changing your appearance' or calling your squeeze. Which, I tried, and didn't offer anything new.

I need more gigs. There seems to be a revamped gang presence in some areas, so that's a little bit of fun shooting. There's apparently 'secrets' out there, I'm looking but I don't have high hopes.

Metro still needs a mod.

I'm fine with this becoming 'Deus Ex or Skyrim but with Cars and Computers', but that's still a long, long way off.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
In before the revelation that the reason for no DLC and slow progress in patching is that CDPR surreptitiously shifted most of their personnel to development of an Open World RPG in the Witcher setting that will release in 2024 well before Bethesda completes the Elder Scrolls VI. :M

Perkel

Arcane
So, honestly, it's barely a patch.

Two new cheap guns, some fixer guns, shitty apartments, police sometimes chase gangers, you get more cars. Crowds react a bit better and clones are way down. That's of sustenance in game. Not just 'changing your appearance' or calling your squeeze. Which, I tried, and didn't offer anything new.

I need more gigs. There seems to be a revamped gang presence in some areas, so that's a little bit of fun shooting. There's apparently 'secrets' out there, I'm looking but I don't have high hopes.

Metro still needs a mod.

I'm fine with this becoming 'Deus Ex or Skyrim but with Cars and Computers', but that's still a long, long way off.

It is a patch not an expansion.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
some random pedestrians carry guns now and can fight with you.

Also they made the cloak cybeware effect much better and added it to some enemies that will use it in combat.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Some other changes:

They adjusted sitting position in cars so now almost all cars have viable first person driving. Moreover they adjusted eye accommodation effect so you are not blinded constantly.

They also fixed lighting in character creator/inventory screen. Previously it was some green shit that caused colors to look differently than in game now color is neutral and what you have in inventory looks like in game.

Some enemies now use optical camo.

You can skip braindance tutorial now.

When you craft armor you get preview of how it looks on your character.

Crowds definitely behave much better now. They don't just vanish suddenly but they are running away realistically.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
There seems to be a lot of changes that are very minor.

Subaro Arasaka now looks appropriately younger in the Johnny Silverhand flashback as opposed to being the same looking old man for over 50 years (he finally has hair and no glasses)

You can order Jackie Wells drink in afterlife.

Weapon Body stat reqs got bumped. For example overwatch requires 10 body

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Let's put the question thus: Is there anything in this patch that would make an impression on you if you ditched this game in January 2021 and would start it up now?

For me, there isn't.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Let's put the question thus: Is there anything in this patch that would make an impression on you if you ditched this game in January 2021 and would start it up now?

For me, there isn't.

There is awesome knife exploding cars new feature.
Just remember that they delayed from December to February. To deliver... this. I honestly feel embarassed watching these poor people on the stream by now. It pains me to look at them. I know it's not their fault. I've worked on mismanaged projects too.

Perkel

Arcane

For me, there isn't.

I would wait for an actual expansion. This seems to be just major bugfixing.

typical user

Arbiter

For me, there isn't.

Neither for me. I've 100% it twice I believe and got most of the achievements. The storyline and most of the quests are still garbage - too much walking around and nonsense chit-chat with no skill checks, decisions or interactive gameplay. Why should I bother with the game now? It's still Far Cry under the hood. I guess there was an effort but after a year? Ubisoft could do 1.5 in 4 months PLUS release at least one DLC. Cyberpunk still needs inventory and loot overhaul, first person animations remade, cyberware and ripperdocs remake and vast changes in UI to feel less gamey and witcherlike.

How long until patch 1.6 or 2.0? Another year?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom