Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MODEL BUILDER - sculpt your own Infinitron

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1164250/Model_Builder/ , Today is release at 18 CET.
Game will provide steam workshop.

ss_1d72f4e7d9ef47d02be25bea47015c0b1ac8381b.jpg

ss_9ea2478fc7eaffed37de50f29aac6eac9ad30a94.jpg

ss_1fffd28b65fb96cc5ae886719ca312b0dcb23d49.jpg

GET BUILDING. GET CREATIVE.

Join the latest trend in simulation games, bring out your creativity and make awesome looking models.

Cut out, assemble, paint, and then customize your models! Build planes, tanks, ships, figures, and so much more. Sell your creations for-profit to expand your toolkit. Create stunning and epic scale models for the world to see.

CareerMode.gif

Go on a fascinating journey in the footsteps of grandfather Stan and his achievements, unlocking secrets of the past, take on commission and competitions as you become the master modelling craftsman.

Models.gif

There's plenty to choose from in terms of what you can assemble… and once you are done, there's a ton more to unlock. Expect dozens of hours of fun and much more in post-release updates.

Building.gif

Choose the model that you want to create, feel the satisfaction of snipping out the model parts, step by step build your model, and apply finishing touches, so it is ready for painting.

Tools.gif

You have a wide variety of tools at your disposal - everything you need to assemble your impressive models and make them shine.- Unlock new tools to help with precision work and finishes. You will feel like a pro in no time.

Creative.gif

Now it’s time to get creative! You can take the serious route and stick to the brief, or why not make the model your own and pimp it up. With plenty of paint to choose from, use the airbrush tool, or apply with fine detail and top it off with some impressive decals. Your creativity is the limit.

Showcase.gif

Once your model is complete, that is not the end! You can set a scene in PhotoBooth mode and arrange your models onto different backgrounds, add cool effects and make them look even better! Share your work directly from the game to your Social Media channels and show it to others.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Just read there was 30% uptick in sales of models because covid this might contribute too, good stuff.

Norfleet

...I don't get it. If you want real models, you should actually physically make a real model. If you want computer models...you should probably learn to use 3dxmax or Blender or something. I'm not sure what the point of this is.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Feigning confusion over this is more autistic than the product.
Plus something something Romero said:
Romero went on to compare VR headsets to other nonstandard peripherals that have had trouble catching on because they are not included with the base hardware, and he suggested that head-mounted displays and VR controls require too much physical work for many users. "Really the best optimal design for games is minimal input for maximum output," he said. "That's the way that games work best. When you watch people playing with a mouse and keyboard, you see them barely moving their fingers and hands, but on-screen you see crazy movement and all kinds of stuff. Everyone always goes for the path of least resistance, and that kind of input is it. Until it can fix the path of least resistance, I can't see how VR is going to be something that's popular."

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You will own nothing and be happy with it.
But by owning nothing, you wouldn't be a consoomer anymore. You'd lose your whole identity. So we must fix it, by letting you consoom products made of nothing!

No need to own physical models, get virtual models!

No need to own physical objects, get the NFT!

No need for money, get your Government-Issued Credit Allowance today!

:happytrollboy:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
You will own nothing and be happy with it.
But by owning nothing, you wouldn't be a consoomer anymore. You'd lose your whole identity. So we must fix it, by letting you consoom products made of nothing!

No need to own physical models, get virtual models!

No need to own physical objects, get the NFT!

No need for money, get your Government-Issued Credit Allowance today!

:happytrollboy:

When I was a teenager in the glorious 1980's not even I could foresee this entire dystopian future. Not even Soylent Green was this bleak.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
as someone who built real models, i honestly can't see how to have any interest in this.

Especially when I consider how shit the finished "models" look. Their spitfire looks like it has been built by a 13 year old and clumsily painted with water colors.

spectre

Arcane
If anything, it doesn't even faithfully represent the process. I mean what about cutting sprues, then filing it to make a clean fit, then cursing the manufacturer for fucking up the molds, then having to make the whole thing fit together with putty?
On the other hand, from what I've seen in one video, you start out in a basement and the door outside is locked, so maybe it does in fact do justice to the experience.

Like with that PC builder simulator thing, I sorta get the appeal for zoomers who don't have the money to get into the hobby, or aren't sure if they want to commit, but still want to emulate shit they saw on yewtube,
pretend they can do it like the professionals. Play with the airbrush and a spray booth for a fraction of a price. Though I'm not sure what's the point of this kind of sanitized experience.
Just buy yourself a starter kit with some basic paints and brushes then have a go at it. You'll get the essentials - making a mess of things at first, slowly building something that doesn't suck, and the crucial part - catch whiff of that motherloving glue.
That's what I did with my seven year old when he was on quarantine and at least he's got two bitchin' Panzer IIIs in 1:72 to show for it.

Andnjord

Arcane
"We would like to thank AK Interactive for sponsoring our video game"

AK Interactive makes a lot of great products, but to have their full paint range and only theirs? Not believable, immersion broken, game rated 2/10.

But seriously, I am SO confused by this thing :lol:

The Decline

Arcane
If anything, it doesn't even faithfully represent the process. I mean what about cutting sprues, then filing it to make a clean fit, then cursing the manufacturer for fucking up the molds, then having to make the whole thing fit together with putty?
On the other hand, from what I've seen in one video, you start out in a basement and the door outside is locked, so maybe it does in fact do justice to the experience.

Like with that PC builder simulator thing, I sorta get the appeal for zoomers who don't have the money to get into the hobby, or aren't sure if they want to commit, but still want to emulate shit they saw on yewtube,
pretend they can do it like the professionals. Play with the airbrush and a spray booth for a fraction of a price. Though I'm not sure what's the point of this kind of sanitized experience.
Just buy yourself a starter kit with some basic paints and brushes then have a go at it. You'll get the essentials - making a mess of things at first, slowly building something that doesn't suck, and the crucial part - catch whiff of that motherloving glue.
That's what I did with my seven year old when he was on quarantine and at least he's got two bitchin' Panzer IIIs in 1:72 to show for it.

I agree, this seems like an enormous waste of time when you end up with nothing physically to show for it. You don't even learn any real skills since you are using a mouse and keyboard instead gripping the tools themselves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom