Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The last RPGs you're going to play

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Count Down to Doomsday
Morrowind + Tamriel Rebuild
Archolos
Battle Brothers
Atom RPG
Black Priory
SMT Raidou 2 and Nocturne

BruceVC

Magister
Great question and a hard one to answer, Im going to include normal RPG in the answer because I havent played enough CRPG

• BG2: ToB
  • D:OS2
  • Witcher 3
  • F:NV
  • Oblivion and Morrowind

Someone overdosed on blackpill.

A friend of mine once told me, "take in the blackpill, and you have the potential to spit back out a white pill." On one hand it sounds profound in a sense, on the other it sounds mega retarded and makes no sense. But it makes more sense in my head, so - I choose to believe in it. That being said, the world certainly won't be getting any better, but it's more likely that instead of a cathartic tearful end to Man as we know it, it's just going to be a series of deconstructions to your life along with nonsensical regulations, and everyone around you until you no longer know who you are, have no way to defend yourself, and you can't live a single day without an invasive corporation being your almost-literal life support.

This does, mean, that you'll still have way more time to play all the games you want, though. So cheer up, bucko. Even if RPGs zap up along with working computers - you've got deers to throw spears at, and every burning building will be your new social get-togethers, you'll finally get a chance to loosen that tie you wear for work, no need for diets or going to the gym when you're running and swinging for your life, and you just might be able to cast some spells irl. Like a fireball. You just need the sacred ingredients "a lighter" and "a bottle," and once you throw that sucker to defend your own life, you'll forget you even wanted to play Divinity as a spellcaster!

Speaking of which Divinity sucks play some real games OP.

:killitwithfire:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Im done with gaming, I lived through the RPG Renaissance... seen it all... better to learn some software/workout/bang some chicks

also wtf is this doomer OP

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Im done with gaming, I lived through the RPG Renaissance... seen it all... better to learn some software/workout/bang some chicks

Better wrap your willy. The chicks are all injecting themselves with AIDS these days. I'll stick to my RPGs thanks.

Null Null

Arbiter

Better wrap your willy. The chicks are all injecting themselves with AIDS these days. I'll stick to my RPGs thanks.

Dude, seriously. Your sex life is 100% your business but with a condom the rate of HIV transmission is close to zero. There's still herpes and HPV to worry about (which can go skin-to-skin outside the condom), but AIDS is actually pretty hard to catch if you know what you're doing. And 'injecting themselves with AIDS'? I mean, if they're heroin addicts...

Bloodeyes

Arcane

Dude, seriously. Your sex life is 100% your business but with a condom the rate of HIV transmission is close to zero. There's still herpes and HPV to worry about (which can go skin-to-skin outside the condom), but AIDS is actually pretty hard to catch if you know what you're doing. And 'injecting themselves with AIDS'? I mean, if they're heroin addicts...
The ability to feel the pussy is close to zero as well. A bit of KY warming liquid on your penis before they put the condom on can help, but it's still not the same as just fucking a pussy with no protection. It's what God made your penis to do, after all. Condom sex isn't really sex. It's mutual masturbation using genitalia. Just like anal "sex" or oral "sex".

Null Null

Arbiter

The ability to feel the pussy is close to zero as well. A bit of KY warming liquid on your penis before they put the condom on can help, but it's still not the same as just fucking a pussy with no protection. It's what God made your penis to do, after all. Condom sex isn't really sex. It's mutual masturbation using genitalia. Just like anal "sex" or oral "sex".

Then you can have a kid (as God, evolution, or both intended). You ready for that?

Does anyone want to quit before this becomes the Codex Safe Sex Thread (which is kind of a funny thought)?

Bloodeyes

Arcane

Then you can have a kid (as God, evolution, or both intended). You ready for that?

Does anyone want to quit before this becomes the Codex Safe Sex Thread (which is kind of a funny thought)?

I'm 35 of course I'm ready for that. You're supposed to have kids. It's the meaning of life.

But I won't be having kids. Too few years left. Too little uncorrupted DNA around to breed with anyway. I'll be playing RPGs. Yes. Lets stay on topic. This thread is about RPGs. It's in General RPG Discussion so it must be.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Nothing funny there, this is an RPG forum, so it is on topic.

Not sure which meaning though:
  • Rape Protection Gang
  • Real Penis Grinding
  • Reproduction Politics Group

Bloodeyes

Arcane
There's no such thing as husbands and wives in Western society. Nobody is "married" to anybody. Having a wedding doesn't make you married. Being forcibly committed to be together for life makes you married. People have relationships, have a big attention seeking party. Everyone gathers around giving speeches about how proud they are of them, and how amazing their love is. If they're trad they may even declare their union before God. Then they break up if they want to. That's not marriage. That's dating with more facebook likes and a cake. You can't choose to leave a marriage and that simply no longer exists in our culture. Call her your wife if you want. She's a GF and nothing more.

A MF who tries to have traditional views on marriage end up killing their wife, her new boyfriend, their kids and themself. Not a good look. Should get with the times. There is no such thing as marriage these days. Saying you're married is like saying you're a ninja. People will humour you but they know it's not a real thing.

I think I'm going to give NWN a miss. It's probably too marginal to be last on the list. I think I should replay Bloodlines or Deus Ex instead. I've played them a lot but something comfy like that would be a good way to finish up.

I would really like to try BG3. It looks pretty dope to me and I've been looking forward to it. It's a long time from being ready though. It's first got to release, then patch, then get DLC probably. Then the game will be complete and I will play it. I think that will be at least 3 years but maybe more. Hopefully I and the developers are all still free, alive and living in safety. That seems quite possible. I'll totally play BG3 if that happens. Unless it's really woke or something.

Last edited:
There's no such thing as husbands and wives in Western society. Nobody is "married" to anybody. Having a wedding doesn't make you married. Being forcibly committed to be together for life makes you married. People have relationships, have a big attention seeking party. Everyone gathers around giving speeches about how proud they are of them, and how amazing their love is. If they're trad they may even declare their union before God. Then they break up if they want to. That's not marriage. That's dating with more facebook likes and a cake. You can't choose to leave a marriage and that simply no longer exists in our culture. Call her your wife if you want. She's a GF and nothing more.

A MF who tries to have traditional views on marriage end up killing their wife, her new boyfriend, their kids and themself. Not a good look. Should get with the times. There is no such thing as marriage these days. Saying you're married is like saying you're a ninja. People will humour you but they know it's not a real thing.

I think I'm going to give NWN a miss. It's probably too marginal to be last on the list. I think I should replay Bloodlines or Deus Ex instead. I've played them a lot but something comfy like that would be a good way to finish up.

I would really like to try BG3. It looks pretty dope to me and I've been looking forward to it. It's a long time from being ready though. It's first got to release, then patch, then get DLC probably. Then the game will be complete and I will play it. I think that will be at least 3 years but maybe more. Hopefully I and the developers are all still free, alive and living in safety. That seems quite possible. I'll totally play BG3 if that happens. Unless it's really woke or something.

Despite the insane, clearly hurt, things you're saying, I can let that slide.

What I can't let slide however is you trying BG3. The game is so fucking shit, why the fuck is anyone playing that garbage? Literally shaking rn

I'm 35 of course I'm ready for that. You're supposed to have kids. It's the meaning of life.

But I won't be having kids. Too few years left. Too little uncorrupted DNA around to breed with anyway. I'll be playing RPGs. Yes. Lets stay on topic. This thread is about RPGs. It's in General RPG Discussion so it must be.

Y'know what OP, fuck RPGS for a sec - go play Lone Survivor on steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/209830/Lone_Survivor_The_Directors_Cut/

I wanna say a lot about why, but that would be spoilers - so I'll just say it has more choice and consequence that means more than the majority of what's considered an "RPG" these days. But there's a man who wears a box on his head that offers you coffee. There are red, blue, and green pills to pick up. You can eat like a total slob who hasn't seen the light in years, or you can eat a pampered little king. People tell you things and they don't always make sense. You can choose to resolve things violently, or you can do it peacefully. And. It's getting a sequel pretty soon.

I highly recommend it. It's a labor of love.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
What I can't let slide however is you trying BG3. The game is so fucking shit, why the fuck is anyone playing that garbage? Literally shaking rn

It's a party based DnD cRPG with turn based combat. They'd have to be actively trying to fuck that up for me not to enjoy it, and the Divinity: Original Sin games are generally praised so they're at least a competent studio. That's no sure thing (CP2077 demonstrates this) but barring a similar clusterfuck I expect BG3 to be at least good unless they do what Owlcat did with Wrath and make it aggressively woke. It will be interesting to learn 5th edition DnD. I've no experience with that system and I don't trust the opinions of others.

Damn near everyone I've ever heard express an opinion on a video game has ended up being full of shit. Everyone is full of shit. This doomed world is populated by stupid, lying fuckwits and the more confidently someone states an opinion the more ignorant and dishonest they usually are. People just say things, they always act like they know something and they seldom do. So I'm looking forward to learning the system, making builds and judging it for myself. Even if it's not as good as Pathfinder it's probably at least serviceable and that should be enough for me to get along with.

It's a party based DnD cRPG with turn based combat. They'd have to be actively trying to fuck that up for me not to enjoy it, and the Divinity: Original Sin games are generally praised so they're at least a competent studio. That's no sure thing (CP2077 demonstrates this) but barring a similar clusterfuck I expect BG3 to be at least good unless they do what Owlcat did with Wrath and make it aggressively woke. It will be interesting to learn 5th edition DnD. I've no experience with that system and I don't trust the opinions of others.

Damn near everyone I've ever heard express an opinion on a video game has ended up being full of shit. Everyone is full of shit. This doomed world is populated by stupid, lying fuckwits and the more confidently someone states an opinion the more ignorant and dishonest they usually are. People just say things, they always act like they know something and they seldom do. So I'm looking forward to learning the system, making builds and judging it for myself. Even if it's not as good as Pathfinder it's probably at least serviceable and that should be enough for me to get along with.

Alright, OP. You're right. I am full of shit.

But you're full of shit too, if you don't try Lone Survivor.

Bloodeyes

Arcane

I wasn't directing that at you personally. It's just my general sentiment towards game reviews by jounalists, youtubers and forumites in general. I like the splattercat gaming youtube channel because he just plays it and lets you watch. No need to hear his take on it, you make up your own mind.

I watched the trailer. Looks like it could be fun and it's cheap enough so why not?

I wasn't directing that at you personally. I watched the trailer. Looks like it could be fun and it's cheap enough so why not?

HOORAY:yeah:

Hope you enjoy it, dude! Your little schpiels here reminded me of the main guy, so I had to recommend it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom