Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Are the animations, including preparing for a jump, still 15 seconds long?
Do you still need to pixel hunt your attacks and a screen shake can make you miss?
Hyperboles.

Does elevation still give you an IIRC +-15% variation on hitting ranged attacks, including spells?
Height doesn't give characters and NPCs "Advantage" anymore (which was technically FAR worse than a +15%).
Currently it gives them a flat +2 to hit. On a D20 that would be a +10% hit chance, for people bad at math.

Can I still dip my sword on fire, which affects my damage more than my equipment, talents or attributes?
Technically you can, yes.
Not that it's anywhere near that powerful as you are claiming.

Is barrelmancy still stronger than anything else?
Severely nerfed since they made the barrels significantly heavy (so you can't carry them in the dozens anymore) and harder to move around.
If you are a rabid autistic you can still take days to gather a bunch in a specific point and then engage in combat, of course.

Is moving speed still the most meaningful racial?
Has it ever been?

Can everyone still freely jump away from enemies?
Jumping now triggers AoO so it's not a free disengage anymore.

Are the encounters still one round of walking away from each other?
Do you still rest in Dragon Age camp?
If you are talking about the retardo-dance of walking around each other to benefit of that backstab bonus, no, that doesn't work anymore since they removed it.
Otherwise I have no idea of what you are talking about.

It's funny to realize that for all this tired "P&P stuff doesn't work well in videogames and needs to be changed" bullshit that people love to throw around to pose as armchair expert videogame designers, ALL the "gameplay improvements" this game introduced so far during EA consisted in either reverting some very questionable Larian homebrew OR introducing missing D&D features.

And incidentally they still need a fair dose of BOTH things to reach a genuine good spot.

FriendlyMerchant

It's funny to realize that for all this tired "P&P stuff doesn't work well in videogames and needs to be changed" bullshit that people love to throw around to pose as armchair expert videogame designers, ALL the "gameplay improvements" this game introduced so far during EA consisted in either reverting some very questionable Larian homebrew OR introducing missing D&D features.

And incidentally they still need a fair dose of BOTH things to reach a genuine good spot.
Now if they revert to an earlier version of D&D, say 2.0, then maybe we'll have a decent game.

Larianshill

Arbiter
276-1636512249-759954659.gif

Fireball animations datamined

Shrimp

Arbiter

Seems more like a laser beam to me to be honest, but I can't help but notice the animation looks fairly fast.
Are all the other spell animations this short? I remember seeing a lot of complaints about something as plain as cantrips having long wind-up animations, which makes me wonder if this spell's animation was made shorter on purpose or if all spells take about as long as this to be cast.

Sunri

Liturgist
Don't tag me in this thread, I don't care about this game as long as they won't fix the combat.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

"NOOOOO you can't have DBZ animations in Muh Baldur's Gate GAME!!!"

5hy89a.png

You're retarded Rusty. The animation for "Fireball" has nothing to do with a Fireball. It looks like it's a ripped off laser beam animation that ends with an exploding mine animation from some fps games. There's not a single BALL in sight.

That looks pretty good for a Meteor spell, a fireball though? Nah.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom