Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost Ark Online

Turbo normie

Scholar

Today I've finished the T3 quests (Punika). I'm such a fucking piece of shit being so addicted to korean shit. After BDO, now this. Help me.

About the difficulty, last week I've done the last boss of the T2 abyssal dungeons and I felt like it's getting in the good way. Good mechanics and funs and I heard it's nothing compared to the last phases in KR.

This has a lot of potential tbh.

Last edited:

deama

Prophet
Does the all-out-attack engraving increase speed of charge-up attacks only or does it also increase attack speed of skills as well?

Sykar

Arcane
I am more concerned with finding a way to up my class engraving to at least T1. Finished Shushire and according to the quest guide got to ilvl 430(?) to proceed to the next area. I have yet to find a way to actually get 5 dots in my class engraving after 50 hours. There are too few blue books for your class to get it up through questing. I also have yet to find out how to get engravings on gear. It was mentioned as early as Luterra but nothing since then either. Guess it is kinda "raid" related?
On the plus side I have made an alt, a Striker, and it is a lot of fun. This might just be one of the few games where I enjoy melee.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Sykar Watch a guide. Not only should you have enough engraving recipes to get 6 pips (level 1, 20 green, 20 blue books) in that engraving. You can also easily do a Weekly Abyss to get jewelry with your class engravings on them.

It is untrue that you can’t get 20/20 green/blue from questing - you can, and in fact you’ll end up with engravings to spare.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Thanks Grunker and abija .
Dos anyone know whether crit rate increase directly increases your crit chance additively, for example if you have a bonus of 10% crit rate will that increases your base crit chance from 10% to 20% or multiplicatively which in this example would be from 10% to 11%?

Dexter

Arcane
Someone post a pic of them playing the game.
20220221181056_190kr1.jpg
20220221182251_1sqjpn.jpg

Cromwell

Arcane
Since the new EU server make it impossible to play with people from the other EU servers, you cant take your shit with you for example accbound twitch drops, and you get your founders pack only reinstated if you activated that up until 14th february (so everyone who did it in between then and the new server release whichw as friday I believe was fucked), I am not suprised the queues dont go down much.

made

Arcane
Well, I'm 100 hours in, pretty hooked at this point. Exploring the semi open world on the boat, doing quests and finding secrets and collecting mats is quite fun. While the tasks themselves are most menial as is par for MMOs, it's still better exploration than in similar games. Reminds me of Zelda at times: find a song on island X to open secret passageways on island Y. Combat mechanics are decent, chaos dungeons on berzerker are very satisfying with hordes of mobs exploding around you.

Haven't spent a dime yet, doesn't look like I'll have to either until endgame raids.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Imo it goes to show how presentation and attention to detail matter a lot in making menial content somewhat exciting or at least not a fucking borefest. Running around from island to island to gain upgrade materials isn't particularly exiting, but the storylines on some of the more fleshed out islands like Starlight Isle, Dreamgull Isle or Kalthertz or Glacier Isle are pretty neat regardless. Rolling around as a Panda and eating Bamboo was pretty great too.

It doesn't take a lot to make a player go "aww thats cute" or "damn, thats kinda sad", and the fact that any cutscene is done in-engine with the player character standing right there definitely contributes to that. It reminds me a lot of Guild Wars 1 and 2, where it felt like the player was a more active part of the story. Nothing is worse than the WoW-style storytelling of having people fight a raidboss for hours and days and at the end you get a nicely done cinematic, but since it is all CGI there's no way to make the player feel included and instead anything important is done by famous NPCs instead.

Sykar

Arcane
Imo it goes to show how presentation and attention to detail matter a lot in making menial content somewhat exciting or at least not a fucking borefest. Running around from island to island to gain upgrade materials isn't particularly exiting, but the storylines on some of the more fleshed out islands like Starlight Isle, Dreamgull Isle or Kalthertz or Glacier Isle are pretty neat regardless. Rolling around as a Panda and eating Bamboo was pretty great too.

It doesn't take a lot to make a player go "aww thats cute" or "damn, thats kinda sad", and the fact that any cutscene is done in-engine with the player character standing right there definitely contributes to that. It reminds me a lot of Guild Wars 1 and 2, where it felt like the player was a more active part of the story. Nothing is worse than the WoW-style storytelling of having people fight a raidboss for hours and days and at the end you get a nicely done cinematic, but since it is all CGI there's no way to make the player feel included and instead anything important is done by famous NPCs instead.

And it is more about stronk womynz. Most of the guys just... die. :lol:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Well sure, but that is pretty unrelated to the point I was trying to make. I don't care much for woke culture, I also don't really care about having it in my games unless its shoved into my face, which more often than not it isn't and only some of the more autistic spergs on the codex feel the need to point it out every single time it happens. I wouldn't give a shit if all the major Lost Ark NPCs were women, cause it doesnt change the fact that the story is typical cliched fantasy garbage, but its presented well in visuals and audio, and that's good enough entertainment for me.

Cromwell

Arcane
only some of the more autistic spergs on the codex feel the need to point it out every single time it happens.

the problem is when you suddenly know its there. I wouldnt have cared about the fact that npcs are suddenly black because I dont know better, but after I knew it grated me a bit, but not so much like the fact did that I suddenly got told they changed the translation and cut stuff out for wokeness. I dont know what they cut exactly and what they changed but the simple fact that I knew they did and I have no way of playing it like it was meant to be made it even worse and soured it enormosly for me.

Sykar

Arcane
Well sure, but that is pretty unrelated to the point I was trying to make. I don't care much for woke culture, I also don't really care about having it in my games unless its shoved into my face, which more often than not it isn't and only some of the more autistic spergs on the codex feel the need to point it out every single time it happens. I wouldn't give a shit if all the major Lost Ark NPCs were women, cause it doesnt change the fact that the story is typical cliched fantasy garbage, but its presented well in visuals and audio, and that's good enough entertainment for me.

I meant WoW actually which killed much of the male main characters like Varian and Vol'jin off. I have only finished Shushire and I do not see any "wokeness" in the game so far. The outrage that people prop up so much is only there because there is a minor difference between KR/RU and the Western release. On its own there is basically nothing.

only some of the more autistic spergs on the codex feel the need to point it out every single time it happens.

the problem is when you suddenly know its there. I wouldnt have cared about the fact that npcs are suddenly black because I dont know better, but after I knew it grated me a bit, but not so much like the fact did that I suddenly got told they changed the translation and cut stuff out for wokeness. I dont know what they cut exactly and what they changed but the simple fact that I knew they did and I have no way of playing it like it was meant to be made it even worse and soured it enormosly for me.

It only grated me because at least on some screenshots it seems like the swap was done as badly as possible. Though it might look ok ingame. I do not care about change of pigmentation though and the game has plenty of the ladies showing copious amount of skin left that I find this "censorship" outrage to be vastly overblown.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
I have only finished Shushire and I do not see any "wokeness" in the game so far. The outrage that people prop up so much is only there because there is a minor difference between KR/RU and the Western release. On its own there is basically nothing.
I do not care about change of pigmentation though and the game has plenty of the ladies showing copious amount of skin left that I find this "censorship" outrage to be vastly overblown.
They literally BLACKED large parts of the game's population, changed costumes and dialogue they thought was too spicy. How is that "basically nothing"? You "not caring about changes" also doesn't mean they didn't happen, or that it wasn't for ideological reasons. What else would they even have to do for some of you people to consider it Censorship or to stop trying to downplay and act as apologist to it lol?
I mean yeah, the base game is written and developed by Koreans and not by Californian Trannies like at Modern day Obsidian or Blizzard. That's why its underlying gameplay seems solid and fun, feels fresh and the world and enemy design seems creative and cool enough, and at the end of the day it still seems worth playing despite everything. Unless they start changing all the character models and environmental art they can't screw TOO much of the core gameplay and design up, but it's not for a lack of trying.

And it's not like the Korean devs haven't noticed or apparently commented on some of the changes, I saw this interview with Lost Ark's Game Director brought up who mentions some things and that they had "discussions", coming short of politely calling them a bunch of hacks:

3:13 - ''Taking a bit of time with the localization of the content, it yielded some more time than expected. Nut it seems like when, uh Amazon Games made that announcement they didn't include any of these details in their announcements, so. And because of that it seemed like Amazon Games did all the work to make this happen, but yet didn't you know reveal any of these details behind the delay, so it got me a little frustrated."

12:03 - "Well of course, there's existing variations among all territories, right. And publishers do, you know, take that into account and make those variations. But in my opinion, at the end of the day it's not at all different across all gamers, no matter where you're from. At the end of the day we're all looking for one thing, right - or the most main thing. To have fun. And with the focal point just being able to enjoy the game, we want to maintain the core, the original launch and be able to deliver that without so much variation. And as we're globalizing, you know even just in Lost Ark, there's so many different skill sets and areas that are coming together. And we've been closely talking with Amazon Games, and you know voice these opinions on wanting to maintain the core of the game."

24:01 - Q: Why change class names that were already in English?
"And of course, you know, we had that conversation with our publishers. And it seems like that was the direction we're heading in so. Even for me, I'm trying to memorize the names that's in Korean with English. So, of course there were, uh, circumstances that led to this decision, but I personally also have wished that it stayed as is."
But once you sign that large, profitable publishing contract with big Multinational conglomerate, you've signed that publishing contract and probably don't have that much to say.

I'm slowly reaching Lvl40 on one char and just did the Borea Fortress Clown Attack. The main Quest giver for the area is some weird bald black dude with a thick accent, and they turned his daughter and various other NPCs there black too, so it kind of stood out. I was wondering what these characters looked like in the non-fan fiction version of the game and found a Korean Stream from back in 2017:

20220224030346_165k4s.jpg
20220224032023_1ngjp9.jpg

lostark-harlocka2ko9.jpg
lostark-marilynfskql.jpg

Unfortunately I don't speak Korean, so until someone that does plays both versions side by side, compares dialogue and makes a comprehensive Censorship/Changes report you'll never get the full extent of some of the changes or how much the translation sucks, only bits and pieces and hunches that something doesn't feel quite right here and there. It also helps somewhat that most Quest NPCs outside of the Cutscenes and major plot lines you only meet and talk to for a few seconds and then likely never see again, and that they largely seem to have left the major characters alone.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Again, unless you play both version, the change is basically unnoticable or you really are just try harding to look for "inconsistencies" by playing the game zoomed in only. There is also no so called "wokeism" in the game and the term has been as overused as the word cuck at this point that it barely means anything anymore. At most you can say that they were hoping to reach more of the EU/NA market. I also find that word "censorship" funny. It is not like the women in this version are burka wearing nuns. There is loads of skin to see still and I literally posted a screenshot where my sorceress stands next to an assassin who basically looks like a freaking lingerie model. Spin it however you want but the outrage is ridiculously overblown and at times outright pathetic.
But sure you can line up with the other outrage morons and make a temper tantrum over basically nothing.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Again, unless you play both version, the change is basically unnoticable or you really are just try harding to look for "inconsistencies" by playing the game zoomed in only.
"Unless you have the Original to compare it to, you won't notice that changes have been made." is a really Big Brained take.
Spin it however you want but the outrage is ridiculously overblown and at times outright pathetic.
There's nothing that needs to be "spun". People are just literally pointing out (some of) the changes that were made by Amazon Games in their "localization" process. After which some people like you seemingly react extremely butthurt for pointing said out, or try to "spin" it as something between "basically nothing" and "ridiculously overblown". The observant bystander might then inquire: "If it's 'basically nothing', then why did it have to be changed in a lengthy 'localization' process that probably cost a lot, delayed the game by half a year and will make it more difficult to keep at parity with the Original game in the first place?"

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
something tells me that if they were black characters being mass replaced with whites and asians there would be more than a little media reaction to it

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I meant WoW actually which killed much of the male main characters like Varian and Vol'jin off. I have only finished Shushire and I do not see any "wokeness" in the game so far. The outrage that people prop up so much is only there because there is a minor difference between KR/RU and the Western release. On its own there is basically nothing.
Oh, I'm aware you were referring to WoW, and it certainly bothered me that interesting characters were killed off quickly and replaced with newer ones that all happened to be female. But that's just one of many reasons why WoWs writing is absolute dogshit, and the wokeness is the least of the problems imo.
They literally BLACKED large parts of the game's population, changed costumes and dialogue they thought was too spicy. How is that "basically nothing"? You "not caring about changes" also doesn't mean they didn't happen, or that it wasn't for ideological reasons. What else would they even have to do for some of you people to consider it Censorship or to stop trying to downplay and act as apologist to it lol?
None of that is in any way noticeable in the game unless youre autistic enough to purposefully look for it so you can say "OMG WOKENESS LETS POST ON THE CODEX". Most NPCs you meet, especially those during major cutscenes, are still whiter than my bedroom walls, sexualized as fuck and I don't recall a single major black character that had meaningful stage presence, with the exception of Jederico (and he's one of the least likeable characters, so making him black could be easily construed as being racist).
It's the exact codex autism I was referring to earlier - someone posts an article or video about some understandable changes that might make the game more appealing to western culture, which just happens to have a higher rate of black people, so adding a few non-important characters and character presets and changing the skin-tone of some characters isn't really gonna hurt anyone, but some retards in here are blowing an aneurism over wokeness everytime they hear about it and keep spamming discussion chats about it. Yet when actually playing the game, you realize it's not a big deal at all, if you even notice it (and unless you're actively looking for it, you won't even fucking notice). Customization still includes as many options as the korean one, they literally just added a few more culturally diverse pre-sets. The game isn't woke, the story isn't woke, the few black characters are actually dicks and you can still stare at tits and ass all day if thats what you want. Stop bringing your shitty politics no one gives a shit about into every single gaming discussion just because YOU think it's a big deal. It's not.

Has the game changed its storytelling to be more inclusive? No. have they changed major characters behaviors to be more inclusive? No. Did a bunch of the main-characters get blacked? No. So how about you stop losing your mind over 3 black characters amongst 100, or do you go outside on the street as well and yell OMG NIGGER the moment you see a black guy that isn't being beaten to a pulp by fellow pedestrians? Or how about you just leave the fucking SJW and wokeness talk out of this thread, considering that no one's complained about it a single time since it released?

The observant bystander might then inquire: "If it's 'basically nothing', then why did it have to be changed in a lengthy 'localization' process that probably cost a lot, delayed the game by half a year and will make it more difficult to keep at parity with the Original game in the first place?"
You misspelled "observant", I think you meant "retarded" because if you actually believe that the fact they changed two dozen characters to be black is the reason the game got delayed, I would like to recommend your parents to drop the lead-based prenatal diet. The reason some changes were made is so the game would appeal to a wider audience in a region that is more culturally diverse. You may not agree with that reasoning, and you're entitled to disagree with it, but that is A reason and it's justification enough for big publishers and developers. It's not gonna hold up the actual development process, because art assets are finished way before most of the coding and server infrastructure is, so it's basically people who have nothing better to do at that point anyway. A few black NPCs aren't gonna make it any more or less difficult to keep parity with the original game. It's literally just a skin tone. Will your bathroom stop working if you paint it black instead of white?

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
sexualized as fuck
some understandable changes that might make the game more appealing to western culture, which just happens to have a higher rate of black people
they literally just added a few more culturally diverse pre-sets
storytelling to be more inclusive
changes were made is so the game would appeal to a wider audience in a region that is more culturally diverse
:retarded:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Do you struggle to comprehend what I said, or are you just incapable of forming a response to my view on the matter? Also, nice quoting things I wrote and leaving out certain words

I guess my Bard looking like this
e552f53032.jpg

or characters like this aren't "oversexualized" in your view.
e2784fc2ec.jpg

I'd check how many of your posts are in the politics subforum and how many are genuine opinions on games (that aren't just political dogshit stuff thrown into game discussions as well) but your profile is private. Maybe stop diluting the forums with your anti-woke opinions no one gives a shit about, and instead focus on the actual gameplay. Unless you cannot do that cause you saw a black NPC in a cutscene once and have been traumatized ever since.

In other news, failed 12/15 upgrades yday trying to go from +11 to +12. Had 2 pieces go all the way from 70% chance to upgrade to 100% before it finally succeeded. Unfortunate.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom