Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lost Ark Online

Dexter

Arcane
Just realized you're one of the Pod people and was pointing it out. "Oversexualized" is a Pod people word.
Btw. I didn't bring "my shitty politics" into this. Amazon brought their shitty politics into the game when they decided to employ ideological censorship and make all these changes.

Dexter

Arcane
Have another one mate:
Erzebet.jpg

Only a True Progressive™ understands that we can't have games made by them slant eyes filled with slant eye characters, we've got to have "understandable changes" to make it "more appealing to culturally diverse wider audience western culture", whatever that means especially when a Korean series with exclusively Korean actors was one of the most popular things last year and Japanese drawings are singularly and consistently beating the collective of Western works in the West.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Oh damn, now that you're showing it to me, I'll go uninstall the game because the combat, dungeons and raids have stopped being fun. Thanks for enlightening me. I do think it's kinda hilarious that you're rating all my posts "butthurt" when you're the one being upset like a little child about how no one will listen or agree with you. Look mom, no hands!

Please be so kind and tell me what american appreciation of korean movies and television as well as progressive politics a have to do with the game, or why you bring up any of these topics in a thread dedicated to a specific game? I'll be soloing some more Guardian raids while I wait, cause doing so is actually pretty fun and reminds me a lot of doing hunts in Monster Hunter. Too bad some of them can't be solo'd due to mechanics like the curse mechanic on Achates :(

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Please be so kind and tell me what american appreciation of korean movies and television as well as progressive politics a have to do with the game, or why you bring up any of these topics in a thread dedicated to a specific game?
The game was changed because of these things, it was this specific game. Seems rather obvious if you've followed the conversation. There were articles, videos, Screenshots and everything. This specific game is a Korean game. Five years ago this wouldn't have happened. Your last big post on the previous page was a concatenation of progressive clichés and brain dead Woke corporate DEI slogans about "diversity" and "inclusivity", trying to somehow assert that this specific Korean game apparently had to be "understandably" changed/censored for whatever this "more appealing to culturally diverse wider audience western culture" is when Korean movies and television seem to do just fine without these sort of changes as proven by recent events, as would this specific game have. In fact many people might be watching/playing them because they're not predictable Woke garbage. I know for instance that I watched "The Silent Sea" over something like say "Cowboy Bebop" or Amazon's "The Wheel of Time" and "Kingdom" over more "The Walking Dead" in large parts because of that. I helpfully color coded the parts of the argument that apply to your statement, maybe it's easier for you to follow that way!

Also, Censorship is generally considered a bad thing, ideologically/politically motivated censorship doubly so.

I do think it's kinda hilarious that you're rating all my posts "butthurt" when you're the one being upset like a little child about how no one will listen or agree with you. Look mom, no hands!
It is kind of hilarious. First both of you brought it up again last page after nobody even mentioned it for a week in a way as to ridicule the "concerns" about it, to show how much you "don't care" and how it's "basically nothing". Second if you read and reply to my posts you "listen" to me. Third, when confronted you both began throwing a butthurt tantrum over pointing out specific changes made in the Western version of this specific game while referring to interviews with the Game Director, pointing out gameplay videos of the Original version of the game and literally posting comparison Screenshots of the game. Sykar even went full NPC routine in his butthurt-edness trying to "disprove" that these "basically nothing" changes are a thing because he saw some no-name YouTuber refer to it as "clickbait to generate outrage" a week ago and is now on full auto-pilot handing out "Retadred" ratings. I'm just not sure if you're going to continue circle-jerking each other or have another meltdown going on making wild assumptions and epic rants again.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
The "observant reader" would've noticed we didn't bring up the topic in regards to Lost Ark. But hey, I'm learning so much. Changing a few NPCs skin color is censorship now. This is why I'm on the codex, for the intelligent discussions and expanding my intellectual horizon.

To actually engage with your retarded drivel - no, the game didn't HAVE to be changed. But it was. Was it unnecessary? Absolutely. Is the game worse for it? Absolutely not. It'll happen again, and there are reasons for these changes. They're stupid reasons, and I disagree with almost all of them, but they're reasons nonetheless for a lot of people. I'm capable of admitting that just because people might have a different viewpoint, doesn't mean they don't feel justified in their behavior. In this case that leads to "brown-washing" characters unnecessarily. But it's not at all noticeable in Lost Ark, unless you purposefully go out looking for it and compare the game to the original. I can enjoy a western remake of a movie and watch the original and consider it superior. That doesn't lower my enjoyment of the western remake though.

It's just a development that has happened multiple times over now, and getting irrationally upset about it isn't really helpful, nor does it lead to interesting or engaging discussions. It's beating a dead horse, that won't be coming back to life no matter how often you're gonna beat it. You're free to grow old and rage against the machine if you so choose, but I fail to see how making this big of a stint about it in every thread you visit is somehow worth your time. But hey, it's your time to waste, I'm done wasting mine on a discussion where neither one of us are going to be gaining any ground. If me disagreeing with you makes me a "sheep" or one of the "pod people" or woke, then I really don't care. I come here to discuss video games and shitpost in GD from time to time, not have these mindnumbing political/cultural discussions in every gaming thread.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Censorship is the active suppression of ALL references to the original, not just mere changes to reach a broader audience. It would be censorship if it were impossible to show the differences or changes to the original. Is that happening? No, if I wanted to I could make the effort and get an account going in KR or Russia if it would bother me so much. Many EU and US players have been playing the RU version with English translation mod for years, some even learned enough Korean or Russian to play on those servers without translation.

Of course when it comes to actual important academic stuff like Critical Race Theory that was and still is actively demonized by completely ignorant fucktards in the US media across the entirety of the US with the explicity goal of basically erasing it from public conciousness, that is fine by you muppets but minor characters getting a pigmentation change or being smaller on a poster to appeal more to a certain market and the sky falls. Never mind that Finns portrayal was utterly terrible being nothing but a cliche bumbling black token comedic relief character to prop up the rest of the cast and Boyega was roasting $hitney for weeks and months after he was done with the role.

:lol:

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Censorship is the active suppression of ALL references to the original, not just mere changes to reach a broader audience. It would be censorship if it were impossible to show the differences or changes to the original. Is that happening? No, if I wanted to I could make the effort and get an account going in KR or Russia if it would bother me so much. Many EU and US players have been playing the RU version with English translation mod for years, some even learned enough Korean or Russian to play on those servers without translation.
This is like saying your country doesn't censor games because you can buy the american version uncensored.

made

Arcane
In other news, failed 12/15 upgrades yday trying to go from +11 to +12. Had 2 pieces go all the way from 70% chance to upgrade to 100% before it finally succeeded. Unfortunate.
Honing can be frustrating but at least you're guaranteed success in the end. Beats random boss drops like back in wow where you could farm a raid for months and never see the drop you were after or get shafted on class set tokens week after week.

I was surprised how quickly I geared up in LA in comparison. Got a full set of epic armor and jewelry with the right engravings for my zerker from a mere two abyss raids. Honed up to +10 in a week of casual gaming in between webex meetings. I understand progress will slow down the higher you go but afaik you're never at the mercy of RNG drops?

abija

Prophet
The issue is you get a huge boost of mats from islands. If you are unlucky and run out of those mats you are screwed and can get easily 1-2 weeks behind your buddies. In standard progression when there are many months from tier to tier the system is fine.

Sykar

Arcane
In other news, failed 12/15 upgrades yday trying to go from +11 to +12. Had 2 pieces go all the way from 70% chance to upgrade to 100% before it finally succeeded. Unfortunate.
Honing can be frustrating but at least you're guaranteed success in the end. Beats random boss drops like back in wow where you could farm a raid for months and never see the drop you were after or get shafted on class set tokens week after week.

I was surprised how quickly I geared up in LA in comparison. Got a full set of epic armor and jewelry with the right engravings for my zerker from a mere two abyss raids. Honed up to +10 in a week of casual gaming in between webex meetings. I understand progress will slow down the higher you go but afaik you're never at the mercy of RNG drops?

That was not even the worst. Certain classes like Balance druids had to roll on cloth gear for DPS upgrades and some retards made a huge stink over it instead of helping balance druids and critizising Blizzard for their idiotic oversight they just bashed those rare druid players. Nothing more pathetic than crying over loot.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The issue is you get a huge boost of mats from islands. If you are unlucky and run out of those mats you are screwed and can get easily 1-2 weeks behind your buddies. In standard progression when there are many months from tier to tier the system is fine.

That's hardly true in practice. I wasted half of my island mats on my bard before switching mains and I'm still level with my buddies because tier 1 progression is so forgiving. Tier 2 onwards may be another story.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Yeah I mean, I don't mind it at all. Having played BDO this is a much more forgiving and consistent upgrade path, and at least it's impossible to regress. Frustrating in the moment, but certainly better than waiting 3+ months for gear in WoW or failing dozen TET/PEN upgrades with massive failstacks.

made

Arcane
Well those buddies will be stuck at T3 anyway for the next few months, they might as well help you out with mats. A serious raiding guild could even pool gold and fund their members if they fall behind.

deama

Prophet
Ok so I think I'm pretty much done with the game. I've reached item gear score 477 and right now it just feels like upping numbers for the sake of upping numbers, I've hit my attack speed cap a long while ago, and now it's hard to increase any stat other than just damage or hp.
I may or may not come back to this, but right now I'm getting strong vibes just to go back and play path of exile.

so i caved and faced a 26 hours long download. authentication failed 10010. and no supposed fix worked.
right after facing a 36 hours long download for destiny 2 to be greeted by a black screen with no fix at all.

i'm fucking fed up of all this shit not working. shut down the internet. before it, if your product didn't work out of the box you were a retard. now, you're a retard if your product works out of the box.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Sounds more like a you problem than a dev problem, if you're encountering multiple software errors with different software.

Finally hit my T3 grind on EUW, after failing my last t2 piece so many times that my artisans chance made it an automatic success. Time to relax, do dailies and play up some alts/do pvp.

Sykar

Arcane
Just saved my raid's bacon downing Lumerus as the last man standing. Feels good man.
Also those who say that Ignition sorceress must only use Z ability are morons as are those who say that the mana shield is useless. A dead sorceress deals 0 DPS.

ElectricOtter

Again, unless you play both version, the change is basically unnoticable or you really are just try harding to look for "inconsistencies" by playing the game zoomed in only. There is also no so called "wokeism" in the game and the term has been as overused as the word cuck at this point that it barely means anything anymore. At most you can say that they were hoping to reach more of the EU/NA market. I also find that word "censorship" funny. It is not like the women in this version are burka wearing nuns. There is loads of skin to see still and I literally posted a screenshot where my sorceress stands next to an assassin who basically looks like a freaking lingerie model. Spin it however you want but the outrage is ridiculously overblown and at times outright pathetic.
But sure you can line up with the other outrage morons and make a temper tantrum over basically nothing.

if this game had a cock this retard would suck it xd

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom