Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey if the desire to have ingame sex with Judy prompts someone to study programming, who are we to stand in the way of teen energy and passion?
Lesbian do not sex with male anon! Do not!
Lesbians are women who have just gotten fed up with men ar some point. A lesbian can go back to men if she feels like it.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
another thing that got restored is the original female V from the 2018 demo. you just got to pick 22 on all the face options and there you go.
definitely incline compared to the basic female V from the cover.

22.jpg

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
Game patch log
Error modifying [...]\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\cache\final.redscripts

:argh::argh::argh:__:argh:_____:argh:__:argh::argh::argh:__:argh:_____:argh:_______:argh:_______:argh:__:argh::argh::argh:__:argh:_____:argh:_______:argh::argh::argh:__:argh::argh:______:argh::argh:_____:argh::argh:___
:argh:____________:argh:_____:argh:__:argh:____________:argh:___:argh:___________:argh:___:argh:____:argh:_____:argh:__:argh:_____:argh:_______:argh:____________:argh:__:argh:____:argh:___:argh:__:argh:___:argh:
:argh::argh:_______:argh:_____:argh:__:argh:____________:argh::argh:__________________:argh:________:argh:_____:argh:__:argh:_____:argh:_______:argh:____________:argh:____:argh:__:argh::argh:_____:argh::argh:___
:argh:____________:argh:_____:argh:__:argh:____________:argh:___:argh:_______________:argh:________:argh:_____:argh:__:argh:_____:argh:_______:argh:____________:argh:___:argh:___:argh:__________:argh::argh:___
:argh:____________:argh::argh::argh:__:argh::argh::argh:__:argh:_____:argh:_____________:argh:________:argh::argh::argh:__:argh::argh::argh:_______:argh::argh::argh:__:argh::argh:______:argh:__________:argh:____:argh:

(EDIT: and fuck Xenforo too for not properly rendering my artistic efforts above)

See, this is why get pissed off with the modding situation! Content and polish-wise, 1.5 is a patch that a normal production would've got in February 2021. Instead, here we are, a year later, the "big patch" finally comes out, gets hotfixed a couple of days later, and you can be damn well certain that it won't be the last. The game's already a pain in the ass to mod, and it will continue to be that way for everything but asset replacers, and every cocksucking update I'll have to download the whole 100 fucking gig again. No, restoring the backup scripts didn't fix it, it started complaining about other dumb fucking crap.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

Last edited:

TheWorld

Educated
I started playing the game a few days ago. I've heard lot of stuff about it, some good and some bad, and wanted to make my own opinion. I'm not a fan of tw3 (which I consider just an okay game), so I wasn't expecting much. I am at the start of chapter 2 and I am hating it for now. There is a very nice atmosphere, you can definitively see that they put a lot of effort in that, but that's pretty much it. The lifepath prologue (I did corpo) was an awfully written 30 min movie. Everything I've played up to now is super scripted. The heist could have been a super cool mission, and instead I am left with 0 freedom. Sit here and listen to the conversation, click on that gate so that the droid can pass, hide in this exact spot... awful

I also don't get how the enemies are balanced. Sometimes the fights are okay and sometimes the enemies one shot me. The problem is that this seems completely random. I guess this is harder to do compared to a fantasy game, where everybody knows that a kobold will be weaker than a dragon, but they could at least put some effort in making more dangerous enemies look... dangerous. The only way I found to solve that is looking at the journal to see the danger's level of a quest, but I can see it only after reaching its location.

I often find that rpgs start strong and then get worse as the game goes on. If this is the case for Cyberpunk, I'm afraid to see what's next. Does this game gets better? At the moment I think that the bug were definitively not its problem.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Somebody found new weapons that will be probably added in the next patch.

New precision rifle and new lmg which is good because there is almost no choice in those categories and chainsword from wh40k :salute:

Game patch log
Error modifying D:\Games\GOG\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\cache\final.redscripts

:argh::argh::argh:__:argh:_____:argh:__:argh::argh::argh:__:argh:_____:argh:_______:argh:_______:argh:__:argh::argh::argh:__:argh:_____:argh:_______:argh::argh::argh:__:argh::argh:______:argh::argh:_____:argh::argh:___
:argh:____________:argh:_____:argh:__:argh:____________:argh:___:argh:___________:argh:___:argh:____:argh:_____:argh:__:argh:_____:argh:_______:argh:____________:argh:__:argh:____:argh:___:argh:__:argh:___:argh:
:argh::argh:_______:argh:_____:argh:__:argh:____________:argh::argh:__________________:argh:________:argh:_____:argh:__:argh:_____:argh:_______:argh:____________:argh:____:argh:__:argh::argh:_____:argh::argh:___
:argh:____________:argh:_____:argh:__:argh:____________:argh:___:argh:_______________:argh:________:argh:_____:argh:__:argh:_____:argh:_______:argh:____________:argh:___:argh:___:argh:__________:argh::argh:___
:argh:____________:argh::argh::argh:__:argh::argh::argh:__:argh:_____:argh:_____________:argh:________:argh::argh::argh:__:argh::argh::argh:_______:argh::argh::argh:__:argh::argh:______:argh:__________:argh:____:argh:

(EDIT: and fuck Xenforo too for not properly rendering my artistic efforts above)

See, this is why get pissed off with the modding situation! Content and polish-wise, 1.5 is a patch that a normal production would've got in February 2021. Instead, here we are, a year later, the "big patch" finally comes out, gets hotfixed a couple of days later, and you can be damn well certain that it won't be the last. The game's already a pain in the ass to mod, and it will continue to be that way for everything but asset replacers, and every cocksucking update I'll have to download the whole 100 fucking gig again. No, restoring the backup scripts didn't fix it, it started complaining about other dumb fucking crap.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

This is why you wait for all dlcs to come out before you mod the game same shit happens with total war gayhammer every single patch they break all the mods.

Last edited:

typical user

Arbiter
I'm afraid to see what's next. Does this game gets better? At the moment I think that the bug were definitively not its problem.

No it gets worse, the story is super short, the endings and Pacifica which was shown on E3 are major letdown. Codex quickly concluded 2 weeks after original release that bugs aren't the biggest problem of the game - it's the lack of promised and expected (police chases, pedestrian AI) features.

The game is mostly fixed now. All kinds of weird shit is related to awful Havok physics implementation and placeholder mechanics (AI, first person animations) or rushed elements (UI, perks, crafting). The game needs 2 year support full of expansions and considering the amount of lies - those DLCs have to be free or have severely reduced price. I won't be paying $30 to those mooks for shit they have promised 3 years ago as part of original release.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
This is why you wait for all dlcs to come out before you mod the game
IT'S BEEN FOURTEEN MONTHS!

:rage:

It's called Cyberpunk, not Cyber Citizen!

All screeching aside, you've got an obscenely slow support cycle on a platform with no native extension capabilities. Bad combo for modding on a game that desperately needs it. And the thing is that CDPR knew they had interest from the modding community since TW3, but they ignored it utterly. Then they made a whole song and dance about "hiring modders to make the bestest tools, ch000m", yet for 1.5 either the CET or Redscript crew, I forget which, specifically said they'd reached out to be ready in advance and got ghosted.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Can someone tell me the exact settings and in which section of the game options they are, if I want to disable the health bars and icons above NPCs' heads?

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

All screeching aside, you've got an obscenely slow support cycle on a platform with no native extension capabilities. Bad combo for modding on a game that desperately needs it. And the thing is that CDPR knew they had interest from the modding community since TW3, but they ignored it utterly. Then they made a whole song and dance about "hiring modders to make the bestest tools, ch000m", yet for 1.5 either the CET or Redscript crew, I forget which, specifically said they'd reached out to be ready in advance and got ghosted.
Still waiting for squadron 42 coming in the next century.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
While derping around a bit more, I noticed something...
CDPR said:
Various changes related to the economy [...] decreased prices for vehicles
The MaiMai went from 14k to 22k, almost doubled.
The Kusanagi went from 20kish to 60kish, almost trippled.
Is that how economy works in Potatoland?

"KKKomrade! Yuge sale today, everything cheaper now, only 4 times the price of yesterday!":hahano:

I really did not want to make the following lame joke, but in this situation it would be a crime not to:
"How would they know? No potato ever paid money for a car!" :obviously:

I'll... let myself out. Sad.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Somebody found new weapons that will be probably added in the next patch.
I am still too busy laughing at the ones already added with this patch. Cheap crap even labeled "you will toss it as soon as you find something else", yet it's not on any loot table. You literally already picked up something better, why would anyone bother? :hahano:

Plus those DLCs were not meant for new games, they... don't really make sense. Wilson tells me he has a sale. Except he hasn't until you did his shooting competition (after the heist) and he sends you another text?
El Capitanito tells me out of the blue about apartments via text as well. V doesn't even know that guy yet. Whoopsie? :roll:

And on an unrelated note, your car getting repaired is apparently still tied to Judy's quest. Almost a week of being a pedestrian now, at this rate V's gonna have athletics max'd before even moving on to Japantown. :hahano:

Gargaune

Magister
Can someone tell me the exact settings and in which section of the game options they are, if I want to disable the health bars and icons above NPCs' heads?
I don't think the game has such an option, does it? Try the Limited HUD mod, some assembly required since you gotta tailor the config, but the minimap auto-toggle alone makes it worth it.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I don't think the game has such an option, does it? Try the Limited HUD mod, some assembly required since you gotta tailor the config, but the minimap auto-toggle alone makes it worth it.
I suspected so. I remember using some HUD mods before the patch, but couldn't remember the details and what settings were there in the game.

Trithne

Erudite
So I've reached Nocturne Op55N1, having done the Voodoo Boys last, and holy shit that is easily the worst of the main quests.

The main quests in general are pretty atrocious, basically guided corridors with the occasional open area for you to fight in, but that one angered me. I very rarely stop mid-way through a quest to look up "How do I make sure I end this quest chain with these specific people dead?" but I did it here.

I enjoy doing the Gigs in this game, and that's honestly about it - The Gigs are these lovely little self-contained missions with a more open structure to let you approach them as you prefer, a tidbit of lore, maybe some dialog that actually cares more about your build than the main quest dialog choices, and basically the only reason I've stuck this game out. Main quests are fucking corridors with shitty boss fights that rely on taking mechanics away from you.

Anyway, point is that Placide is dead, and not a moment too soon, and I'll be taking his jacket. Wasn't even a challenge, he literally stood at the top of the stairs and let me shoot him with ricochets.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
So I've reached Nocturne Op55N1, having done the Voodoo Boys last, and holy shit that is easily the worst of the main quests.

The main quests in general are pretty atrocious, basically guided corridors with the occasional open area for you to fight in, but that one angered me. I very rarely stop mid-way through a quest to look up "How do I make sure I end this quest chain with these specific people dead?" but I did it here.

I enjoy doing the Gigs in this game, and that's honestly about it - The Gigs are these lovely little self-contained missions with a more open structure to let you approach them as you prefer, a tidbit of lore, maybe some dialog that actually cares more about your build than the main quest dialog choices, and basically the only reason I've stuck this game out. Main quests are fucking corridors with shitty boss fights that rely on taking mechanics away from you.

Anyway, point is that Placide is dead, and not a moment too soon, and I'll be taking his jacket. Wasn't even a challenge, he literally stood at the top of the stairs and let me shoot him with ricochets.
Funny because mainstream normies think the opposite they wanted more cutscene and setpiece heavy main missions and less gigs. Gigs are all right for the reasons you explained they could be better if they had a little more cinematic set up and some larger places to infiltrate. I liked the one where you had to steal documents from corpo factory or assasinate the corpo suit in a hotel (there are like 6 ways you can enter depending on your build and even lifepath) would like to see more large locations like this.

Main mission where you have to infiltrate the arasaka warehouse was good too in this regard.

Diggfinger

Arcane
I also don't get why record all male protag voice lines for Judy's romance, leave them in the files and then remove the option for males to romance her entirely?
And just so much cut content in general.

Very interesting. So are there any restoration projects going on already to restore this content or are people waiting until CDPR patch their own game final first?

Josh Sawyer just said he might do a RPG-systems mod for Cyberpunk! He's annoyed with the last of skill progression and the itemisation.

Sawyer to outdo CDPR designers :cool:

Said it during his latest (Elden Ring) Twitch.

DY050503

Educated

Whatever the game is this trailer is really appealing.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

Whatever the game is this trailer is really appealing.

It will never come out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom