Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Codex Year of the Donut
watched the full video and it... it's not a meme video. It's a pretty accurate representation of the game itself.
Especially the part about food just laying around everywhere :lol:

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
They must have really fucked up the marketing somehow, they don't even have an advertisement banner in these little extra tabs when I open steam. I have seen those banners for 1000 review games, Elex 1 has 10.000.
If it wasn't for shoutbox I wouldn't have realised this released at all, and I am 100% the target demographic.
Then again, judging by the contents of the thread, I should probably take my time playing Elden Ring to 100% and then buy this at a steep discount as they try to recoup their losses.
:negative:
Bro this is what Steam wish lists are for. You'll get an email when one of the games on your list releases.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
God damn this looks awful, maybe they shouldn't have modeled every single npc after Bjorn's wife. Also, how can you fuck up this bad when you reused 90% of the assets from the first game?
And I thought they couldn't do worse than Elex 1, guess they worked extra hard to blow up that expectation:lol:

Murk

Arcane
Game is one step forward, two steps back.

Some Risen2 vibes too... they even used the same animation/interface for lockpicking from R2/R3 (I know ELEX 1 had a very similar minigame but I mean they literally brought back the old style of angled bolt and everything.) They weird "transition to different screen" when looting chests.

The fook man.

Played it for a bit. The camera FOV issue which everyone complains about on Steam seems to be easily fixed by disabling FOV in the settings and lowering mouse sensitivity. At least for me.

What do you mean by disabling FOV in the settings? I'm not seeing any options related to FOV.

There is a similar sounding setting, field depth of something like that. Once I disabled it, it became less nauseating.

Skdursh

Savant
I don't think children are interesting to talk to and I do not want them ruining my escape from reality by being featured in the games I am interested in playing. Seriously, has anyone ever heard a 6 year old say anything of value? This little retard doesn't even know what a bastard is. My only hope left for this game is the possibility that the kid might die in some sort of alien explosion and I will have the option to get Jax so absolutely REKT on ELEX he'll immediately shurg it off, have trouble even remembering the kid's name and go bang one of the many :prosper:-faced bitches this game has to offer after stealing all of her shit.

Murk

Arcane
JDR13

c6d9204a9dead2fedee6703e353eb17b.png

It's in: \Steam\steamapps\common\ELEX2\data\ini

It actually doesn't work for me (neither .ini) and it resets the values when I boot the game. When I set the file to read only, still nothing.

This is apparently what it *should* look like at FOV = 105:

Increased-FOV-Elex-2-1024x429.jpg

When the camera centers itself due to some object or another causing it to move, and while sprinting -- the alignment/distance is just right.

Friggin' PB, you've had zoom via mouse wheel since fucking forever.

Raskens

Learned
Patron
seeing some decline in how the quest are explained too. "you can find limestones around here" around here WHEREE! i ended up using the map markers.

the same with the skyand scouts location. adam just said pretty much i'll mark it on your map

There were some shitty descriptions in Elex 1 which forced me to use the quest markers too, but not as bad as the first one you mentioned.

How many quests have you been able to solve with only using the descriptions?

Faarbaute

Arbiter
Is the game bad if I don't care mutch for dialogue and shit? I haven't taken the plunge myself yet.

Hit me hard.

Codex Year of the Donut
Codex 2017: Elex so good, exploration, gameplay, factions, adventure, PB back I form.

Codex 2022: Elex 2 so shit animations and VO not AAA at all literally unplayable refunded.
The animations and VO are painfully bad and detract from the experience. It's not that they aren't AAA level, it's that they aren't 2006 struggling developer level.
Doesn't help that the writing is terrible.

This idea that art isn't part of games is ridiculous and absurd. VTMB would never be considered anywhere near as good as it is if it had ELEX 2-tier animations.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Writing was already pretty spotty in Elex 1, but it had enough interesting moments for me to look past the cringe. If Elex 2 is further decline on that front, we are reaching dangerous Fremdscham values.

The most pressing issue seems to me so far that they still have either not understood the Gothic DNA or they willfully dillute it in order to create some strange Ubisoft-PB hybrid game, which is a catastrophically stupid plan.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The animations and VO are painfully bad and detract from the experience
So it's dramatically worse than E1? In a game with the same engine, with recycled assets, suddenly the graphix is unbearable? I've seen a few videos, looks p. much the same.

People didn't fall in l love with PB games for animations, VO or writing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom