Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Taikou Risshiden 5 is finally translated

Silva

Arcane
....but it needs the Chinese version.

:negative:

(If anyone knows where to find it lemme know)

YXgTELi.jpg

BUev8Yx.jpg

48Mw0xt.jpg

LJ40

Cipher
Silva
It's at this post.
Was looking at that site. Couldn't get the 4 indicated links to work, but the one closer to the top *seemed* to work. Is taiglzz.rar at 411 MB what I'm looking for?

Edit - Might have spoken too soon. Capped out at 1KB/sec download speed for a little bit, then froze.

Last edited:

Nostaljaded

Savant
Yes, it's taiglzz.rar @ 411MB, just use a resume-enabled download manager.

Updated the screenshot as they have swapped the correct download link locations.

Latro

Arcane
Hi, I installed this a few months ago. The website will install a bunch of chinese malware, so prepare your butt. I used malware bytes and had to manually uninstall a bunch of chinese programs...

Nostaljaded

Savant
it's not running (Error 0xc0000005 or something).

Should I create some folder structure/activate compatibility mode/edit windows registry/etc?
I don't have the game in my PC currently & I'm on Win7 which ran with no issues back then.
If Taikou5.exe doesn't work, try TR5Start.exe.

Try the translation readme, READ_ME_FIRST.txt and/or see this post if anyone has resolved the same issue.

Hi, I installed this a few months ago. The website will install a bunch of chinese malware, so prepare your butt. I used malware bytes and had to manually uninstall a bunch of chinese programs...
You have probably downloaded the malware exe installer, ~1.3MB on that website which was marked on my previous screenshot. [very common on Chinese download websites]

The downloaded rar package is portable. Just unrar & overwrite with the translation files.
(It's *always recommended* to do a scan for PC games from untrusted sources, delete if in doubt.)

TigerKnee

Arcane
If someone has gotten the game off the website and mirrored it on a non-Chinese host, let me know through PM.

Punch

aaaaaa
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
KishToicro, NayaSuzaeemo, and King of Games YagyMuto. Such a rich cast of characters.

Silva

Arcane
Stefan Vujovic , it's from the same devs of ROTK. It's their "what if we ditched the strategic part of ROTK and focused on just one dude?" game, only in Japan instead of Chinz.

Silva how about it? Still no good?
Nah, I gave up. Windows 10 here and nothing I do makes it run. The weird thing is had the jap version couple years ago that worked fine on Win10 (but in japanese so I couldn't read it). This chinese version don't run though.

Anyone has made this work on Windows 10?
Welcome to the team.

:negative:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Thanks anyway. I have an old laptop with Windows 7 installed on it. Will try on it when I have some time.

Amir_Crimson

Novice
:necro:

Can you form your own clan in this? my whole plan was to join someone, make some friends then make my own clan but I don't see any options for it or idk even if it's possible.
I'm getting tired of all these mini-games, to think that I closed my dojo to become a glorified waterboy makes me wanna commit seppuku...:negative:

AfroRonin

Barely Literate
Hey I hope this isnt dead but does anyone have that Chinese version for PC? I cannot seem to find it and some of the others I clicked won't work. It would make my rainy day oh so complete to be able to play this lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom