Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Perkel

Arcane
LVL req for weapons is SOFT req not hard req. You can use weapon from higher level and get same damage but your recoil will be much higher, reloading will be slower, special functions will not work etc.

I think it was in the description of the big rebalance mod that I read, that the formula for calculating how much damage a weapon does is still not completely clear. Spaghetti code I guess.

More like some of the stuff is hardcoded and yet to be open for modding.

adding activities is easy and can sustain gameplay for a long while, making a (better) rpg is hard, complex, complicated, requires skill, time and money. we're an easily pleased crowd, we could settle for a gta-clone.

Diggfinger

Arcane
adding activities is easy and can sustain gameplay for a long while, making a (better) rpg is hard, complex, complicated, requires skill, time and money. we're an easily pleased crowd, we could settle for a gta-clone.

1) Updating perks to make more of them worthwhile is easy
2) Fixing itemisation to rely less on random trash loot and less but more valuable items is doable

With these two more builds would be viable/fun - rather than just spamming power weapon/critical hit/crafting builds for max damage.
Theres way too much reliance on knowing where random weapon x is located and how to upgrade it, rather than giving the player tools to manipulate.

But youre right.
Datamining nerds experts indicate that future updates are likely to include more weapons, minor quality of life updates and maybe...multiplayer:decline: rather than addressing these issues that improve the RPG experience.
Also, seems CDPR themselves are labelling it as an action-game now, probably to keep expectations down.
With all the shitstorms this game created, they are probably catering to whatever money-people are still backing it rather than sticking to the vision they originally had.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar

I'll just be happy with either. It's fun to ride around but there's just *nothing to do*.

nimateb

Augur
I pirated this when it came out, had fun and liked the game, no mayor bugs. I bought it now and suddenly it crashes, the audio is fucked and there are T poses in cutscenes , I hope there are some good mods to fix this...

typical user

Arbiter
After 1.5 I've downloaded the game and decided to start new playthrough, immediately after finishing prolog I was greeted with T-poses in the 6-month montage. I've finished the rescue mission and deleted that crap from my hard drive.

Fucksticks from Jagiellońska can't even pre-record this cutscene that's 5-20 minutes into the game.

Diggfinger

Arcane
I pirated this when it came out, had fun and liked the game, no mayor bugs. I bought it now and suddenly it crashes, the audio is fucked and there are T poses in cutscenes , I hope there are some good mods to fix this...

I never had any problems with bugs or performance after release.

But honestly after 1.5 I am getting my dose of cars jetting into the sky for no reason, gravity-free burgers, flying NPCs and the like.
Nothing major but I thought patches fixes bugs - not create them :hahano:

Arbiter

Scholar
Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 are back at full price on GOG. Apparently CDP hopes that patch 1.5 will generate of lot of publicity.

how i feel toward cdp after cyberpunk.

you-were-supposed-to-destroy-them-not-join-them.jpg

Gargaune

Magister
Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 are back at full price on GOG. Apparently CDP hopes that patch 1.5 will generate of lot of publicity.
Between the Price Indication Directive and the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive, EU law regulates the presentation and duration of discount prices, you can only have a sale on for so long before it gets dubious, e.g.:

The UCPD could apply to different misleading aspects of price reduction practices, such as:
- excessively long periods during which price reductions apply compared to the period during which the goods are sold at a price without price reduction;

potatojohn

Arcane
LVL req for weapons is SOFT req not hard req. You can use weapon from higher level and get same damage but your recoil will be much higher, reloading will be slower, special functions will not work etc.

No? Wait, is that true? It can't be.

Trithne

Erudite

There's a few types of item restriction:

- Requires <stat> X. Saw this mostly on Cyberware, basically you can't equip it at all without the stat at the required value.

- Best effectiveness at <stat> X. Only seems to be on the big Revolvers and Shotguns, requiring a certain amount of Body to use properly. These work like the description above.

- Requires level X. I actually don't recall seeing any level restricted items when playing it recently, but definitely the first time around there were some. This is also a hard restriction.

potatojohn

Arcane

There's a few types of item restriction:

- Requires <stat> X. Saw this mostly on Cyberware, basically you can't equip it at all without the stat at the required value.

- Best effectiveness at <stat> X. Only seems to be on the big Revolvers and Shotguns, requiring a certain amount of Body to use properly. These work like the description above.

- Requires level X. I actually don't recall seeing any level restricted items when playing it recently, but definitely the first time around there were some. This is also a hard restriction.
Oh, ok, I thought I was going insane.

You can find lots of level req. items if you do hard or very hard missions or explore places like downtown at early levels.

Bliblablubb

Arcane

He is just confusing "level requirements" and "stat requirements" on weapons and cyberware.
For weapons, level requirements still mean "not useable until met". Stat requirements still mean "can use, but will kick you out of cover/crouch" or "can only walk when wielding". For cyberware, the stat req means "not useable until met". The NPCs dying offscreen during that one Watson cyberpsycho still drop lvl24 or so weapons, because the codemonkey just copy/pasted them from somewhere else without changing. :hahano:
So... nothing has changed in that regard. The stat req value for the usual weapons increased tho, from 4/6 body to 10. Which makes sense, since everyone starts with THREE body, so needing a whooping FOUR body wasn't really that much of a hurdle.
Stat requirements for cyberware hasn't changed and is still a massively stupid design decision.

The last one is part of what worries me most for future CDPR games, because they apparently lost all knowledge of basic game mechanics and balancing, in favor of just heavy handed slapping on random numbers. Bethesda style. Sad.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane

He is just confusing "level requirements" and "stat requirements" on weapons and cyberware.
For weapons, level requirements still mean "not useable until met". Stat requirements still mean "can use, but will kick you out of cover/crouch" or "can only walk when wielding". For cyberware, the stat req means "not useable until met". The NPCs dying offscreen during that one Watson cyberpsycho still drop lvl24 or so weapons, because the codemonkey just copy/pasted them from somewhere else without changing. :hahano:
So... nothing has changed in that regard. The stat req value for the usual weapons increased tho, from 4/6 body to 10. Which makes sense, since everyone starts with THREE body, so needing a whooping FOUR body wasn't really that much of a hurdle.
Stat requirements for cyberware hasn't changed and is still a massively stupid design decision.

The last one is part of what worries me most for future CDPR games, because they apparently lost all knowledge of basic game mechanics and balancing, in favor of just heavy handed slapping on random numbers. Bethesda style. Sad.

I can't confirm it personally but i watched video of a guy that was testing guns with various levels above his level and he could definitely use them. It is apparently 1.5 patch change. Vanilla game definitely had hard req.

And those guns were not known STR weapons but normal guns. They all behaved as those with STR reqs you didn't fulfill.

I mean if someone has it installed it is pretty easy to check. Just fire up game get weapon with higher lvl and try to equip. it.

Wesp5

Arcane
I can't confirm it personally but i watched video of a guy that was testing guns with various levels above his level and he could definitely use them. It is apparently 1.5 patch change. Vanilla game definitely had hard req.

I would welcome such a change. It's quite illogical that you suddenly can't pull the trigger of a gun anymore because of some imaginary stat. That was one of the worst and annoying feature of System Shock 2 already!

I mean if someone has it installed it is pretty easy to check. Just fire up game get weapon with higher lvl and try to equip. it.
Just tried to equip a level 16 Black Unicorn as a level 15 character (I upgraded it beyond my capabilities :mixedemotions:), it won't let me and an "this action was blocked" notification shows up on the top of the screen. Same for armor. My character currently has too much STR to test the soft req but before that I tried to use the Burya revolver at my level with 4 STR and couldn't charge it. No mods so it's confirmed to be vanilla 1.5 behavior.

TL;DR
equipping weapons while underleveled = no
equipping weapons while understatted = yes

Perkel

Arcane
imho level req doesn't make sense. Each weapon should have STR req. In world of cyberpunk where you have so many body mods it is only natural that some of the guns will have insane kick as those guns were prepared for body augs. Smart weapons would be a lot lower STR but depending on TECH stat how many enemies and how fast targeting would work as well as which critical points it would target. old tech weapons would be very powerful but at the same time they would be janky meaning they need constant work on them thus tech needed for repair rather than use. Naturally smart weapons would be augumented by netrunning like removing anti-smart weapon shielding, better accuracy and so on.

Unfortunutelly in current system weapons are too dumb.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom