Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Silversword - Bard's Tale on the iPhone/iPad

grackle

Novice
Very nice game. He is definitely worth following IMHO.
grack

Repressed Homosexual
Now this is fun. When a character is poisoned and you don't have the means to cure him, he loses HPs in real time as soon as the battle phase has ended. It's already so hard to navigate with the tiny pixel zones and busy UI that it becomes an almost impossible task to keep him alive.

I suggest not to play this unless you own an Ipad. It is really frustrating because it looks like an excellent Bard's Tale clone, with a few added convenient features, and yet nothing dumbing the game down. But this is just ridiculous on an Iphone.

puzzel76

Novice
Hello dear friends,

while collecting ideas for extending Silversword, I plan on working on a new title.
Silversword 2 - "Götterdämmerung" will become a full-blown 3D fantasy role-playing game in the style of Wizardry VII(I), in terms of ruleset and visualization.
Because I live in germany, I cannot start this on kickstarter.com
The german equivalent is startnext.de - a crowdfunding platform which I will use to get the necessary licenses for the 3D environment (Unity3D).

Please help me bring this to live. The first step is to collect 100 fans (no obligations).
You can visit the project page here: http://www.startnext.de/silversword2
I have tried to translate everything to english, and have added subtitles to the promotion video.

Become a fan and get this project started! As soon as there are 100 fans, the fundraising will begin. It will cover 90 days - after that, the target of 15000 Euro has to be reached, or else no funding will take place at all.

Thank you very much in advance
Yours faithfully
Mario

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
That was slightly adbotish but since it's relevant, I'll let it sit.
15000 euro is a fuckton of money though.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
:necro:
I haven't posted about this in a while. I'm considering getting a refurbished ipad with keyboard to play this. I just updated my iphone and checked my old group i did jack & crap with...
EDIZf5j.jpg

HQtudJI.jpg

WqQjuHc.jpg

BI7tx39.jpg
DesBfof.jpg
rbp7MgX.jpg

PFxkrl4.jpg
QJKdQPU.jpg

DyqSkKW.jpg

My hunter would normally be McDeath but I was fucking around with female names and chose a chick instead. Meh.

Last edited:

getter77

Augur
Their LootBoxRPG project randomly made it to Steam recently, so perhaps that gives an ember of hope towards an eventual PC port for this as well.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I think it'd sell ok. Note: in-game you can buy extra stuff with cash like gold, the expansion, bank extension for more stored items, a few special items, option to access your bank anywhere, etc. I guess that could be made available as DLC. Lord knows other companies sell costume DLC and shit.

getter77

Augur
Could probably just more or less orient such things the same way it was done for The Quest on the jump from mobile to PC sensibilities.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Links to the action based THE Bard's Tale on both.

only other ios I found was

The Bard's Tale: Warlocks of Largefearn

Note:
The Bard's Tale - Warlocks of Largefearn
Wanderword
Rated: Guidance Suggested
81GzUbFi30L.png

Free to Enable

In-Skill Purchases Available
Shown in: English (US)
  • ”Alexa Open The Bards Tale”
About this item
Description
The Bard's Tale: Warlocks of Largefearn is hands free, voice controlled semi open world Role Playing Game. If you are up for something different, don't hesitate to give this a try! Explore the secluded settlement town of Largefearn, recruit companions and solve the mystery of why citizens are disappearing! For display enabled devices you will be able to visually see your opponents during combat and navigate through the town of Largefearn helping to spark your imagination. Choose between 4 playable classes in this fully audio-scaped adventure of a lifetime! Your Player Class is selected at the start of the game. You can choose between Bard, Fighter, Rogue and Practitioner. Throughout your journey, you will be awarded experience points, at certain thresholds you will be able to level up. Depending on the player class chosen at the start of the game, this will lead to different types of progression for the user once the level up occurs. Some levels will unlock new proficiencies, allowing for new types of armor and weapons to be equipped. Other levels allow for you to freely distribute attribute points between Strength, Constitution and Intelligence. Player Classes, are as follows: Fighter -> Warden or Berserker Practitioner -> Conjuror or Magician Rogue -> Assassin or Sniper Bard -> Troubadour or Warchanter The Strategic combat system puts the player and their companion on a 2 by 2 block, battle square, with the enemy facing the player using the same grid layout. The player then utilizes 3 action points to deal as much damage to their foes as possible. After which the enemy will have their opportunity to do the same, starting a new combat round. Be strategic in combat! Moving, attacking and class abilities will drain 1 action point each time you use them. Changing characters between yourself and your companion won’t cost you action points, but will be a driving factor in winning the battle! The Context Sensitive Interaction Modal allows the player to interact with most objects in the world. Giving the player a degree of freedom seldomly seen in interactive audio games, by using these 4 key phrases. Alexa, Look at Alexa, Talk to Alexa, Use the Alexa, Pick up Alexa, Open The Bard’s Tale! This hands free, heads up experience is developed by Wanderword, and is Powered by Fabella. Join us at Wanderword.net Visit Poptale.com for more information on Voice entertainment.

See More
Skill Details

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
In-Skill Purchases
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Skill Permissions
This skill needs permission to access:

• Email Address
Supported Languages
English (CA), English (GB), English (US)

Starter Pack
by Wanderword
Rated: Be the first to write a review
71Ks1dMgP-L._SL500_.png

Get started with Alexa before purchasing
Sold by Amazon.com Services LLC.
Additional taxes may apply. By placing your order, you agree to the Alexa Terms of Use.

Description
By purchasing the starter pack, you will unlock the following: - A unique armor based on your class. - Enough experience points to get to level 3 where you get to select your sub-class. - Four healing potions. - Twenty gold. You will gain access to these features once you have selected your class. This pack will carry over, if you choose to restart the game.
Supported Languages
English (US), English (CA), English (GB)

The Bard's Tale - Warlocks of Largefearn
by Wanderword
Rated: 5.0 out of 5 stars2 customer ratings
81GzUbFi30L._SL500_.png

Get started with Alexa before purchasing

Sold by Amazon.com Services LLC.
Additional taxes may apply. By placing your order, you agree to the Alexa Terms of Use.

Description
Taking place just before the events of The Bard's Tale IV - The town of Skara Brae is undergoing changes, and not for the better. Explore the secluded settlement town of Largefearn, recruit companions and solve the mystery of the disappearing citizens in this Audio Role Playing game! By purchasing this game you will unlock: - The full game of, The Bard's Tale - Warlocks of Largefearn. - 2 more classes, the Bard and the Practitioner.
Supported Languages
English (CA), English (US), English (GB)

So, $4 for full game and $3 more per class you want to pump up to level 3.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
With an ipad + keyboard finally I am 1 step closer to i-gaming this old game.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yep, works on ipad and I didn't have to repurchase the game. Appleapps just let me redownload and reset ingame purchases so my back is back to 1k item limit. Etc

PCm9ti4.jpg

Dog wasn't amused.

I tooled around a little but lost enthusiasm quick. I have some sort of blight of blah when it comes to gaming lately.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom