Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

ferratilis

Magister
White March was the last good cRPG DLC we've seen. Everything after has been a cashgrab, sadly. :(

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I loved Kingmaker DLC's but I don't wanna to spend hours in boring janky camera puzzles and fighting 90 AC zombies... No new classes, no new spells, no new mythic paths, no interesting quests, no more reactivity...

Reina

Arcane
Alushinyrra is a cool concept, but the more I spend in this damn city, the more I hate it. Even ToyBox's teleport breaks in this mess.

And what's wrong with the weird difficulty curve. Most encounters are a breeze, then suddenly wild 50-60AC demons appear.

Definitely my least favoutire chapter so far.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seems like a worse DLC than dead money from FNV.

A review said:
POSTED: 3 MARCH
Take the worst part of pathfinder.
Multiply it by 10.

You got the dlc.
Its 5 min of stories and 3 hours of pointless puzzle solving.
Made worse with it being very dumb puzzles.
Either you need to geus which item the game wants.
or jump down a very linear and tedious path.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021559677/recommended/1889980/

As for good DLC's in other games, Dark Souls DLC's tends to be amazing.

Chaoneu

Novice
Sad story. Iv wanted campaign from cultist's perspective: bathomet VS nocticula VS deskari - small, nonlinear mid-level adventure. But im asking too much, i guess.

Elk

Novice
Wait, wait, wait. This was supposed to be the big story expansion that's part of the main campaign, wasn't it?

Oof in my pants. So the only thing worth anything will be the roguelike DLC, and that only for testing builds.

razvedchiki

Erudite
the dlc would be better if they added a new companion/class or/and importing some items to the main campaign.
REALLY hope the second dlc has all the above, else it will be a waste of time.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
New Mythic paths too. Only Lich and Azata appeals to me and after Azata nerf, only Lich and the Lich transformation don't appeal to me.

Acrux

Arcane
the dlc would be better if they added a new companion/class or/and importing some items to the main campaign.
REALLY hope the second dlc has all the above, else it will be a waste of time.

New Mythic paths too. Only Lich and Azata appeals to me and after Azata nerf, only Lich and the Lich transformation don't appeal to me.

You're getting none of that in the next DLC. It's supposed to be a new low-level mini campaign.

Here's what is on their product page about it:

DLC #2

New additional campaign. The demon attack on Kenabres changed the lives of many. While the mythic hero and their loyal companions were busy liberating the city, the common folk had to find a way to survive, relying only on their humble skills.
Band together with other survivors and try to reach the Defender's Heart tavern, the last foothold of the crusader forces in the city. Choose who will join your group, and make difficult decisions about allocating scarce resources. Remember — in fire-ravaged Kenabres, every scroll and potion could make the difference not only in an individual fight, but also to your very survival. Act in the group's best interests or focus solely on your own well-being. Import your choices to the main campaign and look forward to seeing this story develop in other DLC. This additional campaign offers 6–7 hours of gameplay.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
One good thing I can say about this dlc is that it adds a super quick and convenient way of making and testing level 20/10 builds without any 3rd party solutions. Other than that, I have no idea what they were thinking, unless it started as something interesting and then the management and the team just said "eh, fuck it" early in development, because they got tipped about incoming war or whatever. They main campaign really needs additional content, particularly in the companion and itemization departments, but not like this.

You're getting none of that in the next DLC. It's supposed to be a new low-level mini campaign.
The next dlc is clearly planned as an equivalent of VL and VL added new items to the main campaign and quite a lot of new feats.

ArchAngel

Arcane
How stable is the game now bugs and performance wise with last patch?

I am going to go ahead and assume this will not get any more updates for a while, so might as well play it now.

I finished it on 1.0.x (patched as they released) and probably had a more bug-free experience than today's is.

I finished shortly after release, and then again after a few patches. The more patched one was definitely the buggier experience.

Owlcat have a horrible habit of introducing 2 new bugs for each 1 they fix.
I don't have a clue what two of you are talking about. For me the game was better and with less bugs as time went on. They only fucked up mounted combat between patches while they tried to fix it multiple times.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Alushinyrra is a cool concept, but the more I spend in this damn city, the more I hate it. Even ToyBox's teleport breaks in this mess.

And what's wrong with the weird difficulty curve. Most encounters are a breeze, then suddenly wild 50-60AC demons appear.

Definitely my least favoutire chapter so far.
I have learned to navigate it after two runs through it, I only hate that is brings my FPS to under 20 while there :(

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't mind puzzles as long as they inform the world, or work with the mechanics of the game. Puzzles for the sake of puzzles is just masturbatory.

I'm gonna give them a bit more to debug this, and I'm going to have at it. See what we're dealing with here...

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2022-3-8_15-45-36.png

Greetings celestial brothers and sisters. Welcome to the Great White Brotherhood!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
When you go into the house with the bug swarm in Drezen with an animal companion (like, say, AIVU) the companion gets loaded in outside the map. Since you can't leave unless the companion is in range of the doors...

Erebus

Arcane
As much as I like to criticize this game for being an overly cinematic power fantasy, I have to admit that it sometimes manages to be cool.

For instance, by allowing you to ride a triceratops.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not that a big ass Triceratops is practical, but yeah.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
White March was the last good cRPG DLC we've seen. Everything after has been a cashgrab, sadly. :(

Well actually the Deadfire DLCs are also damn solid. If not on WM level.

Survivor-DLC was terrible. Beast of Winter was a really good effort but the result was fairly meh. Forgotten Sanctum was really fun, if somewhat unremarkable. None of them compare to White March which was absolutely fantastic.

Probably because White March felt like an actual expansion in the old vein, while Deadfire DLC was just that, DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom