Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aztaka - Indie RPG Platforming

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
RGJNOIhj'oin
oiHG*(&TUNJI){KPKOJPOJL:M;m
KM\JLKML:MPHJKm<MpOIBUN><

:rpgcodex:

Melcar said:
I won't substantively engage your arguments because I can't. And you're picking at straws now. Names? Really?
Err, I agree with you on the first point. On the second, do you really disagree that it's an impediment to making a game set in the Aztec Empire? When was the last time a good RPG character had more than three syllables in his first name? Or would you use invented nicknames?

Melcar

Arcane
Changing posts is recurse of the weak.
Names should not be a deterrent for a game. Additionally, one can easily make up a name; people do that all the time. If you lack any capacity to engage yourself mentally in a fantasy setting other than what has been drilled into current gamer's heads over and over, then that's your problem. Things like names only add to the richness of a particular setting.

Blind Eye

Scholar
Damn get off the pot already.

WanderingThrough2 for someone as into these cultures as you seem to be, why the hell haven't you bought this game and given us a detailed 3000 word review of it already? I expect a full report by this time tomarro.

You have your instructions. Engauge.

Melcar

Arcane
Re: Damn get off the pot already.

Blind Eye said:
WanderingThrough2 for someone as into these cultures as you seem to be, why the hell haven't you bought this game and given us a detailed 3000 word review of it already? I expect a full report by this time tomarro.

You have your instructions. Engauge.

He can't. The complicated names prevent him from enjoying the setting.

Joff1981 said:
Demo is available here.
My impressions:
Combat - not moving enemies:
rightclick, rightclick, rightclick, rightclick
Combat - moving enemies:
WASD + right click, rightclick, rightclick, WASD , rightclick, rightclick, rightclick, repeat
Story:
Hamba gucka mumba, the gods, maya, aztecs, temple, protect, spirit, mumba gumba....
(Okay i tried to get into the story but the scroll text in the intro was so slow i had to skip, not that i feel i have missed something)
Graphics:
Backgrounds aka concept arts from photoshop(kinda nice)
Enemys/NPCs: 3D rendered (not bad)
Platforming/Quests:
Not bad.

Conclusion: uninstalled.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom