Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why is it called the public library if it's private?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

This is like that thing Cleve The Brazilian Slaughter was talking about

Holy shit, the hebrews were literally behind it!

Dude...

WuNeEYJ.png

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I made all the Off-Topic Discussion forums private when I became admin in 2018. They'd all become substitute politics forums for users who couldn't get into that board yet.

I wondered why the Science section slowed down. I don't pay that close attention to everything happening here.

Maybe you could do a soft launch or test run and make just Science public.

I guarantee the usual idiots will make topics about HRT and such, but a few warnings or time outs should fix that.

Talk about those things in GD, OK

We live in a society.

Joyvankek

Learned
bit strange innit

Why is is called free market when everything costs money??!
Used to be called free because you could do business in there without 1000 of LOICENSES think about it as "free of retards and bureaucracy" then governments around the world decided to put their collective dicks in it and fuck it up for the rest of us.
Name was left unchanged to fool morons stupid enough to buy into it. Just like N.Korea is a "democracy" and USA, Canada and Australia are lands of "freedom".

Gammer

Learned
I re-registered to the codex explicitly to post in Science! and was shocked to discover that I couldn't until the year long time out was up. I'm afraid I can't donate, for ecumenical reasons, so gonna have to sit it out.

InSight

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I made all the Off-Topic Discussion forums private when I became admin in 2018. They'd all become substitute politics forums for users who couldn't get into that board yet.

Among the qualities/traits that elevates mankind among other animals or dust-made beings is the degree verity and capacity to pass knowledge/data/info.

Its been told that among the "Jews", there were these who instructed and did destroy/replace books(such of science) while they them-self tent to hoard/keep/collect them. An action akin to increasing the gap between these who have and have not. an Act of degenerating others by keeping them out of knowledge,in the dark. A knowledge that can/could help restore civilization. A similar thing happened here that.

Should not one, who have been named with goodness or similar in its name meaning/root, avoid such acts and/or be above them?

If one had an apple with few rotten areas, why should one then throw away the whole apple, when what is needed to do, is cut the rotten areas before its use/eating. If the politics's section were the cause of worry/concern, would it not have been better to simple restrict that specific sub-forum section rather then the whole Off-topic Discussion?

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist

Among the qualities/traits that elevates mankind among other animals or dust-made beings is the degree verity and capacity to pass knowledge/data/info.

Its been told that among the "Jews", there were these who instructed and did destroy/replace books(such of science) while they them-self tent to hoard/keep/collect them. An action akin to increasing the gap between these who have and have not. an Act of degenerating others by keeping them out of knowledge,in the dark. A knowledge that can/could help restore civilization. A similar thing happened here that.

Should not one, who have been named with goodness or similar in its name meaning/root, avoid such acts and/or be above them?

If one had an apple with few rotten areas, why should one then throw away the whole apple, when what is needed to do, is cut the rotten areas before its use/eating. If the politics's section were the cause of worry/concern, would it not have been better to simple restrict that specific sub-forum section rather then the whole Off-topic Discussion?
The issue is that people were using the non-political off-topic boards for political discussion. Though that begs the question, if that was the case, why not board ban the people who were using the other off-topic boards for political discussions? Or is that not possible on the moderators part?

Joyvankek

Learned

The issue is that people were using the non-political off-topic boards for political discussion. Though that begs the question, if that was the case, why not board ban the people who were using the other off-topic boards for political discussions? Or is that not possible on the moderators part?
Or one could make a contamination board with posts set on auto delete after a month or so... Which should solve that issue.

AFAIK making off-topic private was made as a gate to the random-ass noob 4chanites and random edgelords from Stormfront. Essentially, make users cut their teeth on RPGs before joining the hallowed forums of discussions about Life and Times :obviously:

(or P2W like little bitches lololololol)

Of course, Prestigious Old-Fag Aristocracy had no such issue :obviously:

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Any website where free speech is allowed is going to get constantly inundated with autistic teenagers who want to lecture to you about some dead 20th Century ideology they learned about from a Hearts of Iron mod. The Codex actually has a pretty good model where you have to demonstrate a desire to actually talk about RPGs and prove that you're not just a culture war sperg. You could replace RPGs with woodworking or figure skating or geology. What matters is that it weeds out people who want to turn the site into their facebook/twitter/reddit.

FriendlyMerchant

Why do you have to get a library card to check books out of the public library and use their computers? I THOUGHT IT WAS PUBLIC.

Bah

Arcane
Why do you have to get a library card to check books out of the public library and use their computers? I THOUGHT IT WAS PUBLIC.

To prevent niggers from accessing and/or stealing the books. All liberals know that it's impossible for a nigger to have any form of identification.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom