Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Funposter

Arcane
The final boss is a joke fight idk why you guys complain about it lol

MasPingon

Arcane
I have reached Mountains of Giants and the game started to piss me off. To reach it I had to deal with those little reskined faggots with sickles, but about 5 times stronger. The enterence was protected by an optional boss who raped me so hard I wished it was General Radahn. But that's ok, I run with a wounded pride. While reaching Mountains of Giants new enemy appeared - tall guy attacked me with a cone of cold, made me use every estus flask to stay alive. I was shocked how weak my character is in this place(lvl 95). I travelled 100 meters further only to find out there are about 6 of those fuckers in ruins o_O After getting the fuck out of there, 20 meters further fucking eagles raped me. This was not exactly a sense of progression I was expecting.

I have reached Mountains of Giants and the game started to piss me off. To reach it I had to deal with those little reskined faggots with sickles, but about 5 times stronger. The enterence was protected by an optional boss who raped me so hard I wished it was General Radahn. But that's ok, I run. While reaching Mountains of Giants new enemy appeared - tall guy attacked me with a cone of cold, made me use every estus flask to stay alive. I was shocked how weak my character is in this place(lvl 95). I travelled 100 meters further only to find out there are about 6 of those fuckers in ruins o_O After getting the fuck out of there, 20 meters further fucking eagles raped me. This was not exactly a sense of progression I was expecting.
What kind of build are you playing?

MasPingon

Arcane
I have reached Mountains of Giants and the game started to piss me off. To reach it I had to deal with those little reskined faggots with sickles, but about 5 times stronger. The enterence was protected by an optional boss who raped me so hard I wished it was General Radahn. But that's ok, I run. While reaching Mountains of Giants new enemy appeared - tall guy attacked me with a cone of cold, made me use every estus flask to stay alive. I was shocked how weak my character is in this place(lvl 95). I travelled 100 meters further only to find out there are about 6 of those fuckers in ruins o_O After getting the fuck out of there, 20 meters further fucking eagles raped me. This was not exactly a sense of progression I was expecting.
What kind of build are you playing?
I feel like I'm playing developer build now.

Strength.

I only ask because that is the point in the game where I switched from a greatsword/greatshield build into Moonveil, which allowed me to tolerate the final stretch of the game a little better. Apparently they've nerfed Moonveil but the point is that maybe switching things around can make it a little more tolerable. Bleed is apparently still pretty good.

I was about 30 levels higher when I reached Mountaintops, though.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just noticed something really cool: when they haven't noticed you, some of the enemies in Leyndell play along with the soundtrack on their flutes.

hackncrazy

Savant
I just noticed something really cool: when they haven't noticed you, some of the enemies in Leyndell play along with the soundtrack on their flutes.

Wait, isn't that the first thing you notice when you enter the city? With the little faties one playing on their flutes?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron

Wait, isn't that the first thing you notice when you enter the city? With the little faties one playing on their flutes?
Those are not the ones I was referring to, but yeah, I guess. It's less cool with those guys also doing it, now that I think about it. I was talking about the crossbow assassin guys.

Edit: and the assassins play the actual melody, not just a single note.

Last edited:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I have reached Mountains of Giants and the game started to piss me off. To reach it I had to deal with those little reskined faggots with sickles, but about 5 times stronger. The enterence was protected by an optional boss who raped me so hard I wished it was General Radahn. But that's ok, I run with a wounded pride. While reaching Mountains of Giants new enemy appeared - tall guy attacked me with a cone of cold, made me use every estus flask to stay alive. I was shocked how weak my character is in this place(lvl 95). I travelled 100 meters further only to find out there are about 6 of those fuckers in ruins o_O After getting the fuck out of there, 20 meters further fucking eagles raped me. This was not exactly a sense of progression I was expecting.

You do realise you can run past every single enemy in that region, the ONLY fight you have to do is the Big Fire Boy (which is basically what I did). In fact at this stage I think 99% of the fights in the entire open world are optional. This is another aspect of this game I dislike more and more, it has slowly trained me into galloping through encounters and ignoring enemies, and now that has filtered into the 'real' DS parts of the game (legacy dungeons) where I have begun to run past or cheese enemies more often. This is in stark contrast to the way I used to play all previous DS games, where I always made it a point to grind through each level and try to overcome most encounters as intended. This was 'fun' for me and helped to build my skills for boss encounters.

There are some cool set piece encounters in the open world, that would probably be fun to engage in, but beyond the very early game I have ignored almost all of them zooming by on the derpy horse/goat. So one more piece of decline in ER design, I really do wonder that people cannot see how much damage this game is doing to DS as an IP going forward. Y'all going to see eventually when ER2 is even more streamlined and normified.

Ravielsk

Magister
Elden Ring would be a better game if you excised Caelid off the game altogether and just threw the shardbearer fight somewhere else.
Just today I reached Caelid (through the transport trap) and I have to say it absolutely bizzare how bad it is. The sorcerer town and its boss are seemingly balanced for early game chars(level 20-30) but just a few steps outside of it is a quest that sends you against a boss (O'Neil I think) who is nothing more than a DPS and HP check for high level players. His moveset is nothing special and normally he would barely be a boss but he summons a bunch of phantoms that can essentially two shot unless you put everything into just Vigor. He is also a massive sponge with very high defense and HP so even if you can fines his phantoms out he can still essentially one shot you while you are barely dealing chip damage. Without bleed I would genuinely question whether I need some quest item to fight him.

Same goes for the enemies in the area. Some are just those early game mobs with just the complication of spamming attacks(those dolls things) or poison(mushroom man) while other seem to designed as mini bosses. Its just really poorly made considering how early you can get there and its not like its even good for farming souls.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
You do realise you can run past every single enemy in that region, the ONLY fight you have to do is the Big Fire Boy (which is basically what I did). In fact at this stage I think 99% of the fights in the entire open world are optional. This is another aspect of this game I dislike more and more, it has slowly trained me into galloping through encounters and ignoring enemies, and now that has filtered into the 'real' DS parts of the game (legacy dungeons) where I have begun to run past or cheese enemies more often. This is in stark contrast to the way I used to play all previous DS games, where I always made it a point to grind through each level and try to overcome most encounters as intended. This was 'fun' for me and helped to build my skills for boss encounters.

There are some cool set piece encounters in the open world, that would probably be fun to engage in, but beyond the very early game I have ignored almost all of them zooming by on the derpy horse/goat. So one more piece of decline in ER design, I really do wonder that people cannot see how much damage this game is doing to DS as an IP going forward. Y'all going to see eventually when ER2 is even more streamlined and normified.
It's kind of funny too, in a way. Oh look, a boss healthbar appeared! Let me look at the name to see what kind of cool dude I'm up against - oh, nah, it's gone, ran right past it, never gonna see it again. Sure hope that wasn't a unique fight From spent dozens of manhours on.

SumDrunkGuy

Earlygamefags: It's the best open world ARPG in 20 years! :D

Lategamechads: (depressed, suicidal) it's the best open world ARPG in 20 years...:negative:

Dragon's Dogma is in the discussion as well I suppose. But other than that and Elden Ring open world ARPGs have been diseased diarrhea.

Villagkouras

Arcane
I remember this part, they are very easy to parry. And they drop a lot of runes, so you can level up quickly.

What I really liked in this game was that I had to adopt in many situations and I was rewarded with easier time. Sometimes I went with parrying shields, other times with a greatshield and counter, in most bosses dual wielding greatswords. Countless times I changed talismans and armor. And spells, I used the lightning spear to pick apart groups and fight them one by one.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I remember this part, they are very easy to parry. And they drop a lot of runes, so you can level up quickly.

What I really liked in this game was that I had to adopt in many situations and I was rewarded with easier time. Sometimes I went with parrying shields, other times with a greatshield and counter, in most bosses dual wielding greatswords. Countless times I changed talismans and armor. And spells, I used the lightning spear to pick apart groups and fight them one by one.

I find that I spend a lot more time swapping weapons for damage types, speed, or move sets to better deal with situations. Some enemies will take basically nothing from one weapon type, or even deflect it when you hit them, while another type basically melts them.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
It's kind of funny too, in a way. Oh look, a boss healthbar appeared! Let me look at the name to see what kind of cool dude I'm up against - oh, nah, it's gone, ran right past it, never gonna see it again. Sure hope that wasn't a unique fight From spent dozens of manhours on.

The good news is they recycle so much you will more than likely fight that boss eventually! From got you covered man! :M

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Also fuck the Foreskin Duo, way to take one of the most iconic fights in all of DS history, O&S*, recycle it but also fuck it up and make it worse.

*probably my favourite boss fight of all the games, where I first really discovered the power of 'git gud'.

Generic-Giant-Spider

HOLLA BALLAZ ITS YA BOY GGS HERE

Uuuh, uuh, played this game when I was BANNED from here like few weeks ago due to the ongoing SEXUAL HARASSMENT lawsuit so I couldn't give all y'all niggaz tips n tricks n good chip dips.

So anyways, remember back like months ago I was like, "MAN THIS GAME GONNA SUCK MAN. THIS JUST DS4 MAN. FUCK MIYAZAKI MAN."

Well I'm a big ass nigga and I can admit it: this game really made me look like a shit talking lil BITCH. Yeah it was good. Yep, I liked it. I liked it a lot. At first I was like "hah this is probably some pussy shit that I'll beat in fifteen hours like DS3" but nope, I was on like hour 70 and still had 30% of GAME left to go. This game is one big fucking thing, isn't it? Pretty goddamn impressive I'll give it up.

I liked the exploration brought on through the virgin lens of a first and totally unspoiled playthrough. I was initially so unhyped for this game that I didn't even bother looking things up and bought it because I figured I'd want something to do while locked up and jerking off to 2003 pictures of J-Lo. They did a pretty good job with the world and an even better job with how much bullshit is tucked away in here. Watching some clips of other people playing there's a lot of shit I didn't even know about before too and I thought I saw it all. I hear there's mega illusory walls you gotta hit like multiple times before they get revealed and that sort of thing gets my obsession boner real stiff-like.

Only thing is I recommend taking breaks at the very endgame because it risks feeling like a real slog. Like the game just starts throwing out a boss gauntlet at you and some of the fights feel bullshit. The wannabe O&S fight near the end of the game in particular had me break a DualShock 4. Just straight up spiked that fucker into the floor, watched it bounce back up and nearly smash me in the nose. Would've been kinda metal if it hit, tbh.

So far it might just be the FromSoft game to dethrone DS2 for me. I need to play it again and the PVP seems to run off that stupid as fuck "host has advantage" garbage from DS3 where every invasion is a 1v3 at minimum for the invader but in terms of PVE content I was taken violently from behind. Dubious consent style, jive-mama.

I WANNA FUCK FIA.

HAHAHA.

GGS out nigga.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Oh I forgot, yeah no giant spider enemy is BULLSHIT. What is that pussy azz play, huh? Giant HANDS? Really? Hahahaha. Addam's Family lookin' nigga scrambling at me like I'm half-awake Gomez and it's scribbling down notes via Cheerios and shit.

Would've been a 10/10 game if not for that goofballery. Giant ants lmao. Nobody scared of ants.

Olinser

Savant
So is there any actual reason to leave the idiot Gostoc alive? Looking at the internet all they did in this patch was if you finish the Nepheli storyline he moves to her new hold and sells one single Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone as a bonus. Which almost certainly doesn't match the amount of runes you can get back from just killing him for what he stole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom