Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher The Witcher - A New Saga Begins

samoilaaa

Educated
cdpr will not make a real rpg since they saw that a action adventure game like cyberpunk full of bugs and missing features sold so good

tritosine2k

Erudite
Guess after mesmerized by RTX™ for a long time it was time to go overboard and total addict mode with epic's metahumans™ and as such they forgot to chip-in what this means for openworld ambitions and no-loading-times™.

Last edited:

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It's going to be Witcher 3: Part 2 - with all the same faults and shortcomings. And them even trying to reach the heights of Witcher 3 is going to be a tall order.

With Cyberpunk 2077 they tried to make a game where you could create your own character and failed abysmally at it, they tried to make an immersive, living world and failed at it, they tried to up the ante and deliver something evolutionary and failed at it - all the while re-implementing the same flawed mechanics everyone criticized them for with Witcher 3.

We are talking about a company that is incapable of designing engaging combat, encounters, quests, a working itemization system et al - much like with Obsidian their main selling point was the writing, and it's more likely than not that all those writers have abandoned ship long ago and have been replaced with the dangerhair hacks from California.

So what exactly is CDPR hoping to achieve with Witcher 4? Sell us a discount Ubisoft: The Game, but with even more Marxist propaganda? It's kind of amazing that CDPR went through the downfall of BioWare on fastforward - it took BioWare the better part of a few decades and a dozen games to reach the bottom of the barrel, CDPR managed to get there with 4 games without actually delivering a good game in the process.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
https://thewitcher.ly/ANewSagaBegins

h3yPYa5.png

No thanks. I actually enjoyed quite a lot the 3 games despite their many flaws but i had enough. Not interested in witchering anymore, but cool for the people who want more.

Aemar

Arcane
Witcher series = popamole action adventure games with a quest compass. Some fun moments here and there, but still popamole.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
CD Projekt can get fucked. I'm never touching another one of their games. I don't care how good or not it is I'm not forgiving those lying sons of bitches. If people had any standards whatsoever they would not still be in business at all.

Arbiter

Scholar
We are talking about a company that is incapable of designing engaging combat, encounters, quests, a working itemization system et al - much like with Obsidian their main selling point was the writing, and it's more likely than not that all those writers have abandoned ship long ago and have been replaced with the dangerhair hacks from California.

Witcher 2 and 3 had good graphics and that certainly helps with sales. The setting, even without good writers, is fresh and interesting in comparison to dozens of LOTR wannabes. Sapkowski is popular in central Europe, and that implies a built-in fanbase for Witcher games. Cyberpunk did not appear to be popular in Europe before CP2077 was released.

Writers have certainly jumped the ship, along with most of Witcher 3 developers.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Since they are already announcing a whole Witcher saga, we can assume that CDP has no plans to return to Cyberpunk ever again.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Time to watch the marketing engine go to work and for Gamers™ to display their notoriously short memories.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Time to watch the marketing engine go to work and for Gamers™ to display their notoriously short memories.
3 years and 2 hype trailers and we're at 80:20
am4rgl.png
They're not even pretending Cyberpunk 2077 will receive any more support after they shit out the "expansion" made up of whatever nearly finished content for the original release they managed to cobble together.

Translation: “Nobody wants to work at our glorified eurojank studio plz be stupid enough to work here so we can shit out this action-adventure game”

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Having to crawl back to The Witcher after botching Cyberpunk. Sad!

Not to mention crawl into Epic's lap to get some extra help

Oh my, what did CDPR do to lose the Polish vote?

in my case it's their participation in a cancel culture witch hunt that left people i know without the work of their lives, though dunno about the others

Care to elaboarate since I haven't been keeping up with the CDPR mess?

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
If this was 2017 or so, I might've felt a touch of excitement. Before the rape of Gwent, the mediocre Thronebreaker, and the CP2077 fiasco. Can't wait to see them deservedly keep failing.

:popcorn:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That this will use Unreal Engine probably means to kiss any limited modding that tried to improve previous CDPR goodbye. Sad.

Terra

Cipher
I'll need to see an up to date complete dev team photo to determine my level of excitement. Could be good, depends how many of the Witcher devs are still around I suppose.

Guessing the guys coding RedEngine bailed after (during?) Cyberpunk and there's nobody left with enough coding chops to bring it forward. Not a surprising move given Cyberpunk's technical problems but those Epic royalties will eat into their profits, probably still worth the trade off vs sinking more hours into what is a a presumably rudderless engine now though.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
cdpr will not make a real rpg since they saw that a action adventure game like cyberpunk full of bugs and missing features sold so good

They won’t make RPG’s because they don’t want to. And even if they did, they still wouldn’t because it’s be too ”HC” for their intended audience.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If this was 2017 or so, I might've felt a touch of excitement. Before the rape of Gwent, the mediocre Thronebreaker, and the CP2077 fiasco. Can't wait to see them deservedly keep failing.

:popcorn:

Mez7K01.png

I guess there are other metrics for success other than cash money, but they don't really matter, do they? Such is the age of decline we live in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom