Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just out of curiosity, who ITT found these on their own, without the wiki:

- Haligtree medaillon
- Moghwyn Palace
- the Leyndell sewers proper
- Three Fingers sanctum
- the secret boss in Azula
- Jarburg
- figured out the entire Ranni's quest

Sunri

Liturgist

- Haligtree medaillon
- Moghwyn Palace
- Three Fingers sanctum
- Jarburg

Ranni quest is quite easy, because you can skip a lot of steps

Moghwyn Palace just talk to npc i didn't know about the teleport

Three Fingers sanctum easy for people that explore also some npcs literally tell you where to look for it

Haligtree medaillon npc will tell you where to find second medalion if u missed her you will find it anyway if you like to explore

Jarburg this quite hard to find lol if I didn't read about new quest update I would never found it out.

The secret boss in Azula also super easy to miss, at least I missed him without someone else telling me about him.

SumDrunkGuy

I haven't enjoyed a single one.
Then you should just ditch the game, because hating EVERY BOSS means you hate the game, period.

Well that's not true at all. There's plenty of other things in it that I enjoy. I still love the Souls combat system, the new horse mounted combat, I love the game's world, the exploration. The shitty bosses don't even make up 25% of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

- Haligtree medaillon
- Moghwyn Palace
- Three Fingers sanctum
- Jarburg

Except for maybe the three fingers, none of this is particularly 'hidden' for anyone who is through in souls games and used to the usual fromsoft bullshit

The only thing I mostly look up is how to solve npc questlines because fuck that

Olinser

Savant
So has anybody randomly gotten massively more runes from an enemy? Not sure if this was a bug or not.

Normally when I'm near a level up I like to teleport to Warmaster's Shack and kill the 5 trolls right south for 1k each, 5k total easy.

But today, one of them randomly gave me 5k by himself. I didn't notice anything different about him - this just a bug? Or are there like 'rare' spawns of enemies?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
So has anybody randomly gotten massively more runes from an enemy? Not sure if this was a bug or not.

Normally when I'm near a level up I like to teleport to Warmaster's Shack and kill the 5 trolls right south for 1k each, 5k total easy.

But today, one of them randomly gave me 5k by himself. I didn't notice anything different about him - this just a bug? Or are there like 'rare' spawns of enemies?

When an enemies eyes glow golden, this happens. Happens randomly on random enemies

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Found out two things.

Thing no 1.
In Liurnia, near the Erdtree there is a tower. Inside the tower I found a statue and a message placed by the developer that read:

Erudition guide thee!

20220323173346-1.jpg

I performed the 'Erudition' emote and after a minute or so a ladder materialized behind the statue!

20220323173253-1.jpg

I climbed up the ladder and found a chest with a Memory Stone.

20220323173403-1.jpg

Thing no 2.
These bastards actually heal themselves sometimes. Never noticed before given how weak they are to charged attacks.

20220323171342-1.jpg
Thing no. 2 - you can also cut the tentacles one by one if you want but it'll grow them back up after some time.

Olinser

Savant

When an enemies eyes glow golden, this happens. Happens randomly on random enemies

So not something you can control then? That's kinda disappointing. I was hoping a Fowl Foot + 5x would let me power farm.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

So not something you can control then? That's kinda disappointing. I was hoping a Fowl Foot + 5x would let me power farm.

There's the weather effect when the screen is full of golden leaves from the Erdtree, it raises item discovery in case you want to farm a particular enemy for his items.

I'm that kind of autist to do that to all enemies who drop their shit because I like collecting armors..

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

- Haligtree medaillon
- Moghwyn Palace
- Three Fingers sanctum
- Jarburg
I found all of them on my first playthrough, but probably only because, after a while, I obsessively explored every inch of the map (I see people finishing the game in 50 hours, but I got to the ending in around 120 or so).

The Haligtree Medallion, Mohgwyn Palace, and Farum Azula boss can be found simply by exploring points of interest around the map. At first I missed the sewers, but then I freaked out when the friendly neighborhood shit-eater mentioned them and I re-explored the entire capital. As for Jarburg, I saw an item under the Carian Study Hall that I couldn't reach because the map lies to you and the terrain is broken, so I just explored the edge of the cliff on the other side and found the path. Ranni's quest progressed quite organically throughout the game, it's the most involved quest in the entire series, but NPCs never fail to give you all the information you need to decide where to go next. The only bit where I still don't know what I did to trigger its advancement is the doll dialogue: I tried to talk to it every time the option popped up at a grace and after a while it answered, but I don't know why.

As for the Three Fingers, I immediately found the place after having discovered the sewers by following a lot of messages (but I would probably have found it anyway via extensive exploration). Actually meeting the fingers was an entirely different matter: my brain got stuck on the idea that "rid yourself of your possessions" meant that I had to sell everything I owned, so, after the final boss, I backed up my save and sold everything. When the door opened I felt like a genius, then when a friend told me I simply had to go in naked I wanted to die.

Last edited:

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I agree with him 100%. Most of the major bosses in this game are annoying as fuck, and then the mini bosses die in like 5-6 hits. This game really shit the bed when it comes to boss fights. I haven't enjoyed a single one.

Mini bosses are hit or miss, probably even more misses than hits tbh, but I think this is the best collection of "main" bosses From Soft has ever had. Not a single dud for me.

Also, the whole outcry about bosses delaying their attacks being a bad thing is as retarded as people back in 2009 complaining that Demon's Souls was too hard. People keep dying to shit, they don't know how to avoid yet and promptly declare it bullhshit.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Mohgwyn is easy to get to if you do Fuck-Face's little gay invasion stuff since he leads you right to it at the end.

Speaking of, wish there was more Volcano Manor stuff.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron

- Haligtree medaillon
- Moghwyn Palace
- Three Fingers sanctum
- Jarburg

Infinitum

Scholar
and the prompt asking you if you want to revive Torrent is very annoying.
My single largest gripe with the game. Beurk.

My second largest gripe. Largest still goes to elevators not resetting to the most convenient location after reviving (with a good 90% having an inexplicable deathdrop under them for good measure, just in case you forgot to send that elevator back down). In every single Fromsoft game there is. It's such a minor thing, but it's always there like a splinter you cant quite reach.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
and the prompt asking you if you want to revive Torrent is very annoying.
My single largest gripe with the game. Beurk.

My second largest gripe. Largest still goes to elevators not resetting to the most convenient location after reviving (with a good 90% having an inexplicable deathdrop under them for good measure, just in case you forgot to send that elevator back down). In every single Fromsoft game there is. It's such a minor thing, but it's always there like a splinter you cant quite reach.
Elevator deaths are a fundamental part of my alcoholic runs. Please don't take them away from me.

deem

Savant
What makes it so good?

I would like to write a proper review once I finish the game so I can harvest TLDR buttons.

In a few words for now, what makes it good for me are freedom and atmosphere. From the very start you have access to two huge areas to explore. There are very few restrictions placed by the developer, and the player is guided by the difficulty. The game respects your intellect by not holding your hand. You largely make your own fun by deciding where to go next and which challenges to tackle.

Regarding the atmosphere of the game, this being a nebulous subject, it is hard for me to articulate my thoughts. Still, I'm coming from a place where I think that in any work of art, be it film, music, lit, the atmosphere is the most important element. That said, Elden Ring and other From Soft titles create something that I would describe as tonality through their presentation that I love. I truly can't get it elsewhere, despite the legion of imitators these games spawned.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Ok.
HeatEXTEND deem What makes it so good?

Is it turn based? Are there real choices and consequences? Is it on rails or oopen world?
Not TB, no real CnC, open world. It still being good should tell you something :smug:

Largest still goes to elevators not resetting to the most convenient location after reviving
That's a feature tho, are you going big balls confidence and leave it as is or do you send it back because you're going to die to X again. I've gotten accustomed to sending it back :shittydog:

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I found the shardbearer Mohg legit, but I never found his easier counterpart in the sewers and it seems I'm not the only one seeing how the harder boss has a higher % of people who did it in the achievement stats than Mogh the Omen.

deem

Savant
The game was patched today, don't know if anyone posted this yet.

Patch Notes Version 1.03.2
We are distributing this new update to fix several bugs in patch 1.03. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please apply the latest update before you enjoy the game.

Major items included in the latest update
  • Fixed a bug that sometime prevented players from advancing NPC Nepheli Loux’s questline
  • Fixed a bug that causes the playable character to die when trying to descend from a spot near Bestial Sanctum
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Ash of War, Endure from taking effect
  • Fixed a bug in multiplayer that allowed players to teleport others to incorrect map coordinates

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom