Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Reinhardt

Arcane
i'll buy it when i have the opportunity. right now this option is not available, or, at least, too hard.

Joyvankek

Learned
I just hope the game itself will be good.
Though it will be ironic if it will be cracked instantly, especially since Pierre decided not to release in on GOG.

almondblight

Arcane
I will wait until tomorrow so I can nab those Steam achievements.
I regret cheaping out on kickstarter and not getting the steam key (and that pdf guide). It's weird how valuable this platform feels. I don't even care for achievements.

Damn. I only just now realized that the intro tier is only for direct download from his site, and doesn't include a Steam key. I think this is the only Kickstarter I've ever seen where you pay one price for the game, but then have to pay extra to have the game on Steam.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Though it will be ironic if it will be cracked instantly, especially since Pierre decided not to release in on GOG.
What crack? The actual game doesn't have DRM dude. Pierre isn't some big studio who can even afford it. It might have that steam drm thingy though.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Damn. I only just now realized that the intro tier is only for direct download from his site, and doesn't include a Steam key. I think this is the only Kickstarter I've ever seen where you pay one price for the game, but then have to pay extra to have the game on Steam.

Why would you even want the game on steam?
Masochism?
Achievements?
I don't see one good reason not to prefer the direct download from Pierre's website.

And I just noticed my kickstarter tier includes a key as well ... Oh well, Gog it is then.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What crack? The actual game doesn't have DRM dude. Pierre isn't some big studio who can even afford it. It might have that steam drm thingy though.
I guess one could say Pierre cracked his own game on day 1, since everyone who backed it can download the installer from his site and redistribute it at will. The only reason to actually give him money is because he fucking deserves it.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Yeah. So you get your DRM free copies from both GoG and his website. Not sure about steam though. Some, if not most, games on steam have this gay DRM thingy where they force you into steam app even if you don't want to, meaning your game won't launch unless it goes through steam first. Which is kind of gay. Though those ones are usually easy to get cracked on day one - unless it has an additional layer like Denuvo or something else.

The only reason to actually give him money is because he fucking deserves it.
Yeppers. He deserves the money too for reading all my bug reports xd

plem

Learned
for those who played Augury of Chaos, should I do a full custom party or take the companions? do they have any special content or quests?

plem

Learned
Yeah. So you get your DRM free copies from both GoG and his website. Not sure about steam though. Some, if not most, games on steam have this gay DRM thingy where they force you into steam app even if you don't want to, meaning your game won't launch unless it goes through steam first. Which is kind of gay. Though those ones are usually easy to get cracked on day one - unless it has an additional layer like Denuvo or something else.

for most games, I think you can just initiate them via their .exe in their folders to avoid having to launch the app

plem

Learned
companions are on top of your party, not replacing it

the steam page says there's 8 companions and a max of 9 party members though, so I'm wondering if it's doable to just make one custom and roll with the full roster. do you have access to them early on or only late game?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Does weapon finesse change grappling attempts to dexterity?
I'm not sure. Searching through the Help Files leads to this query:
8krebaw.png
Does this answer your question?

I think you can just initiate them via their .exe in their folders to avoid having to launch the app
I remember trying that once when I had no internet due to circumstances but the game kept going through a steam check. Again you might be right. It might work on some games; but for me it didn't work in a particular game.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I remember trying that once when I had no internet due to circumstances but the game kept going through a steam check. Again you might be right. It might work on some games; but for me it didn't work in a particular game.

it depends on whether they use SteamDRM, some games are unprotected and can be launched without the steam client running. Most just implement SteamDRM as it's basically a freebie if you're using the API anyway.

Whether Pierre has bothered? Who knows.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

the steam page says there's 8 companions and a max of 9 party members though, so I'm wondering if it's doable to just make one custom and roll with the full roster. do you have access to them early on or only late game?
I wouldn't try to play this game without a full custom party, especially on a first playthrough. Even with the game having been made easier and easier with each patch, this is still a nut-cracking experience. The companions we have seen so far are charming but extremely barebones, and there's no particular companion-unique content after you recruit them (right now, I can only think of a single example).

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Yep. You're going to need as many people as you can get. Especially when you get to late game content. Where you'll be facing a whole armada of high level spell casters plus dragons; the dragon enemies in this game are much tougher than the first game.

plem

Learned
the dragon enemies in this game are much tougher than the first game

that's a good thing honestly. by the end of KoTC1 I was getting dragons as random encounters, which is just silly even for a level 20 party.

it depends on whether they use SteamDRM, some games are unprotected and can be launched without the steam client running. Most just implement SteamDRM as it's basically a freebie if you're using the API anyway.

Whether Pierre has bothered? Who knows.

Pierre's a libertarian so probably (hopefully) no DRM

I wouldn't try to play this game without a full custom party, especially on a first playthrough. Even with the game having been made easier and easier with each patch, this is still a nut-cracking experience. The companions we have seen so far are charming but extremely barebones, and there's no particular companion-unique content after you recruit them (right now, I can only think of a single example).

that's good to know, starting with 6 seems like the way to go. time for obsessive theory-crafting!

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
by the end of KoTC1 I was getting dragons as random encounters, which is just silly even for a level 20 party.
Right? I hated how the random encounters worked in the first game. A whole group of lichs. Another group of red dragons just casually waltzing around. Good god, what celestial being is pooping these things out? In this game though. There's none of that random crap. All of the encounters are handcrafted.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Am I missing something or is 90% of subraces worse than vanilla version? Guess it makes sense to have larger drawbacks otherwise it would be too easy to raise wanted ability scores.

Thanks for the tips think I have theorycrafted my first party (took multiple hours since I was not too familiar with feats and so on):

dwarf champion (shield)
mantis gladiator (4 light weapons)
cloudtop half giant samurai (2h weapon, reach maybe)
halfling earth druid
human stygian psionicist
elf wizard

Final question: does cleave work with whirlwind (or fast whirlwind)?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom