Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Ezekiel

Arcane
Marvel-s-Spider-Man-20220304130651.jpg

No forehead.

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-20220304130705.jpg

No forehead.

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-20220304171218.jpg

No forehead.

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-20220324020231.jpg

No ear lobes.

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-20220324021151.jpg

No forehead.

Riskbreaker

This map managed to genuinely creep me out at times back when I played DW, which is no small feat for Blood after all this time. Same with the Alien-themed map from E2.
Also, I see that you haven't missed the secret map :obviously:. It feels a bit like a tribute to that amusement park map from Duke Caribbean, does it not?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
First attempt at OpenXcom: Terror From The Deep on Super-Human failed miserably when the first mission, before even spotting a single sub, was a night Terror Mission. There were just too many Gill Men and Deep One for my raw recruits to handle.

Second attempt, and again there's not a single sub sighted and the first event is a Terror mission. This time it's in daylight, and I manage to kill all the 18 aliens, but only saved one civilian, and lost four of my own men. So not too bad for raw recruits, even if the score was terrible.
Then I'm too late for the next Terror mission since I waited for dawn. When I finally get a sub assault in late February I only manage an OK score.

Then comes March:
ECCUYzk.png

NOuynyw.png

Fe3YUp8.png

Grrrr! How the Justin Trudeau am I supposed to beat the game on Superhuman when there's no enemy subs to warm up with before handling Terror sites?!?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
TFTD on Superhuman seems like a recipe for extreme frustration. The game already leans a bit too hard into the "X-COM but more harder" angle for my taste, no need to make it even worse.

HansDampf

Arcane
I binged through the rest of Death Wish yesterday.

3AjdREg.png

WJIYxGr.png

I didn't bother going for all secrets but made sure I wouldn't miss any of the secret levels.
It's really good.
It's ... better than Blood!
sweatonmybrow.png

- every map has a memorable spectacle or theme
- the recurring Tchernobog troll
- ammo for the napalm launcher is only found in secrets, which makes it a nice reward
- reasonable secrets with hints (still too many secrets)
- boss monsters work better when grouped with other enemies
- lots of opportunities to nuke zombies

dT5CJxz.png

Mirrors!

JgJR3ql.png

RqxjBGb.png

If you think jumping in Blood is bad, try Ion Fury!
:troll:

aX9ziGS.png

q6YLmo4.png

MOAR BRAINS!

M7QsrDN.png

dnrIUgz.png

soSBJ2N.png

8gs6Qu2.png

jEPQOuT.png

tN1mzRj.png

vLF7wc9.png

VIeQe7U.png

Al6wORa.png

:salute:

MUzHPkE.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom