Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Olinser

Savant
Hot take.

You should get far more reward for being summoned based on your performance. If I get summoned to the triple Crystalians and I literally solo 2 of them and the host hasn't even broken the shield on the 3rd one, then I should get a hell of a lot more runes and Rune Arcs.

Sunri

Liturgist
Hot take.

You should get far more reward for being summoned based on your performance. If I get summoned to the triple Crystalians and I literally solo 2 of them and the host hasn't even broken the shield on the 3rd one, then I should get a hell of a lot more runes and Rune Arcs.

You don't help/invade people for gains.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hot take.

Yes, souls gained should be proportioned by the damage people do in general. You wanna summon two sunbros and sit in the corner while they play the game for you? By all means. But you get jackshit for that boss fight or even regular mobs.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Invasions got demolished, but coop isn't doing much better atm. I'm trying to do some coop with my new char, but GODDAMN noobs are ruining the fun. One retard managed to get REKT by Phase ONE Rennala. Not to mention like half the hosts make you sit through cutscenes. 3 min watching the same shit, 30 seconds of boss fight until dumbass host gets demolished. Also, what is it with tards and not leveling Vigor? Nigga, you're not "Meme_youtuber" doing a no-hit run, people who make it to Maliketh with 800 HP are fucking mental.

Ysaye

Arbiter
Question: What was some people's issue with the fairness of the Radahn fight? I ask because I did his fight yesterday and I pretty much did him in a couple of gos (and I am certainly not very good at these kinds of games) which was much much less effort than the triple putrid crystalians which drove me insane for a while there.

Is it more due to people not wanting to do what the developers obviously intended and summon all of the champions? Or is it because I am playing as a sorcerer and can have a little bit of distance between him and his melee attacks? I am just asking because it didn't seem like an unfair fight.

Edit: Also I am playing without any patching.

Last edited:

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Invasions got demolished, but coop isn't doing much better atm. I'm trying to do some coop with my new char, but GODDAMN noobs are ruining the fun. One retard managed to get REKT by Phase ONE Rennala. Not to mention like half the hosts make you sit through cutscenes. 3 min watching the same shit, 30 seconds of boss fight until dumbass host gets demolished. Also, what is it with tards and not leveling Vigor? Nigga, you're not "Meme_youtuber" doing a no-hit run, people who make it to Maliketh with 800 HP are fucking mental.
It's even dumber when you think of how little high stats in a damage stat changes. I did some experiments, with 70 in any stat (dex, int, faith) and corresponding weapons.. most of the mobs that take two hits with 40 in the stat still took two hits to kill with 70, only this time the first hit leaves them at 1% hp instead of 5% or 10%.
Very high damage stat investment is not worth it, imho. It's even less worth it for those who are bleed users (dagger, katana users etc) because bleed is overpowered no matter what.
Toying around with a faith build that only has 40 faith (and some in arcane for the status effect spells), the blasphemous blade's weapon art damage is still within the realm of obscenity.

So, yeah, take care of your vigor, and mind (it's better to be able to spam more weapon arts than having each of them deal a slight, paltry higher amount of damage). And don't be afraid of spreading points around after the core is taken care of, if you feel like getting more versatility.

Ysaye

Arbiter
Everyone here has already finished the game and I've just killed Rennala and Radahn.

I liked the Rennala fight, even though it was quite easy. I died once because I didn't pay attention and her giant summon just entered the arena with a ground smash. Excellent presentation, cute gimmick and, most of all, not another knight with a giant sword with 420 moves combo. Now, it could've been better, but it felt like a breath of fresh air.

Now, my man Radahn...I know the patch nerfed him but goddamn, the hammer must've fell hard on him given all the complaining about the fight. I summoned a couple of dudes in the beginning with the thought of distracting him from skewering my ass with his arrows so I can engage him in melee which worked. Too well unfortunately. In around 3 minutes with Moonveil's weapon art (and I presume Bleed proc'd as well), he was down over 70%+ health. :| I was level 76 with a +6 Moonveil and +15 Uchi so I don't think I was overleveled? No satisfaction, I feel bad about it now....:negative: Where's my Bonfire Ascetic Memezaky?

I am playing without the patch and had a similar experience with magic.

And I am just playing it slowly in spare moments so I am pretty much exactly where you are in the game.

SumDrunkGuy

Everyone here has already finished the game and I've just killed Rennala and Radahn.

I haven't beat yet. I probably should have by now seeing as I'm well over 200 hours in but I've been fucking around with different weapons and randomly searching for caves/catacombs I might have missed. I should just go ahead and finish the fucker. I'm lvl 146 which probably makes me overpowered for ng+.

Jinn

Arcane
I haven't beat yet. I probably should have by now seeing as I'm well over 200 hours in but I've been fucking around with different weapons and randomly searching for caves/catacombs I might have missed. I should just go ahead and finish the fucker. I'm lvl 146 which probably makes me overpowered for ng+.

I don't know first hand, but level 150 seems like it would be appropriate to go into NG+. But if you've got a ways to go before you finish the game, yeah you'll probably be overpowered by then.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Question: What was some people's issue with the fairness of the Radahn fight?
Is it more due to people not wanting to do what the developers obviously intended and summon all of the champions?

Now, my man Radahn...I know the patch nerfed him but goddamn, the hammer must've fell hard on him given all the complaining about the fight.

I haven't fought him post-patch yet but before he was just straight up stupid. He could two-shot you within a fraction of a second, he did NOT stop attacking, he had like one attack where you had MAYBE a small window to exploit and his meteors were an inescapable, guaranteed death.

No idea what they did with the nerf but SOME toning down was definitely needed.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Is the Cipher Pata found in the Roundtable Hold any good? I'm looking into giving a Faith build a shot and a pure Holy weapon with good scaling sounds nice, but I'm not sure how effective it's going to be down the line. I enjoyed Caestus/Vanquisher's Seal runs in DS3 and DS2, so I wonder what this is going to be like.
I tried it but it felt pretty weak, combined with the fact that the moveset doesn't suit me. I preferred to just take a normal weapon and Faith infuse it with sacred blade.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Question: What was some people's issue with the fairness of the Radahn fight? I ask because I did his fight yesterday and I pretty much did him in a couple of gos (and I am certainly not very good at these kinds of games) which was much much less effort than the triple putrid crystalians which drove me insane for a while there.

Is it more due to people not wanting to do what the developers obviously intended and summon all of the champions? Or is it because I am playing as a sorcerer and can have a little bit of distance between him and his melee attacks? I am just asking because it didn't seem like an unfair fight.

Well, I was quite underleveled there, but anytime I would try to melee him, any touch of his swords would end my character. Particularly in phase 2 I needed to keep my distance. So, yeah, the summons and pre-nerf Hoarfrost Stomp when he's distracted in phase 1 (literally couldn't approach in phase 2, but he was down to like 30% health after 1) did the job.

Olinser

Savant
It's even dumber when you think of how little high stats in a damage stat changes. I did some experiments, with 70 in any stat (dex, int, faith) and corresponding weapons.. most of the mobs that take two hits with 40 in the stat still took two hits to kill with 70, only this time the first hit leaves them at 1% hp instead of 5% or 10%.
Very high damage stat investment is not worth it, imho. It's even less worth it for those who are bleed users (dagger, katana users etc) because bleed is overpowered no matter what.
Toying around with a faith build that only has 40 faith (and some in arcane for the status effect spells), the blasphemous blade's weapon art damage is still within the realm of obscenity.

So, yeah, take care of your vigor, and mind (it's better to be able to spam more weapon arts than having each of them deal a slight, paltry higher amount of damage). And don't be afraid of spreading points around after the core is taken care of, if you feel like getting more versatility.

Yeah that annoys the hell out of me. Got summoned to a fight against triple Crystalians which is reasonably lategame, and other summon had 532 HP. Like what the actual FUCK are you doing, moron.

Olinser

Savant

The issue is completely that you can't just pants-on-head-retarded build your character and faceroll him 1v1 like the other Demigod bosses before him. Godrick is a bitch at even low soul levels, especially if you summon Nepheli, and Rennala is a laughable 'boss', I didn't even use a flask against her she's so easy.

Radahn is a test as to whether you actually put any points in vigor/endurance or you just tried to stack damage and rollspam. If you have 30-40 vigor he's easy (unless you get hit by the memestomp of justice on the phase change), and if you actually spam the summons like the game clearly intends he insanely easy.

Reever

Scholar
Patron

I liked the Rennala fight, even though it was quite easy. I died once because I didn't pay attention and her giant summon just entered the arena with a ground smash. Excellent presentation, cute gimmick and, most of all, not another knight with a giant sword with 420 moves combo. Now, it could've been better, but it felt like a breath of fresh air.

Now, my man Radahn...I know the patch nerfed him but goddamn, the hammer must've fell hard on him given all the complaining about the fight. I summoned a couple of dudes in the beginning with the thought of distracting him from skewering my ass with his arrows so I can engage him in melee which worked. Too well unfortunately. In around 3 minutes with Moonveil's weapon art (and I presume Bleed proc'd as well), he was down over 70%+ health. :| I was level 76 with a +6 Moonveil and +15 Uchi so I don't think I was overleveled? No satisfaction, I feel bad about it now....:negative: Where's my Bonfire Ascetic Memezaky?
Having a katana, especially moonveil, probably helped but either way he's a pushover now. They could've nerfed just the bullshit (like those fucking flying meteors) but they just destroyed him.

SumDrunkGuy

I don't know first hand, but level 150 seems like it would be appropriate to go into NG+. But if you've got a ways to go before you finish the game, yeah you'll probably be overpowered by then.

I don't think I have much left. There's still some shit for me to do in Mountaintops of the Giants and Crumbling Farum Azula. Otherwise I think I've finished up all the secret regions and bosses.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If you have 30-40 vigor he's easy (unless you get hit by the memestomp of justice on the phase change), and if you actually spam the summons like the game clearly intends he insanely easy.

I guess part of the problem was pre-patch he was really a late-game boss coz you had to have like 40+ Vigor or so to avoid being instantly pulverized with his 10-hit combos. But a lot of people fought him p. early, due to the Selia Crystal Mines teleport and subsequent Caelid exploration. Plus he is crucial for the Ranni's quest and opening up a lot of new areas.

Even as a late-game boss he was super annoying tho. Very hard to get close to and melee and if you just galloped around, summoning your bros, the fight would've took like 20 minutes.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
You don't help/invade people for gains.
Right, you assist people to emulate Sunbro Solaire:

0clamw.png

Efe

Erudite
I didnt bother but my friend spent whole day and soloed radahn without summons at release.
So yea it was doable but
and if you actually spam the summons like the game clearly intends he insanely easy.
this was so far from truth that I have to assume you are trying to do some form of satire.
he killed a summon with each swing, sometimes multiples. they stopped his ranged aggro and not much else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom