Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
1 - my (over)reaction to finding out that people DO make games inspired by other classics like KF.
2 - got hit by deja vu, seems like it was another title that went missing from my wishlist long time ago under "mysterious circumstances".
... and it's still Early Acces

what other title? lunacid just hit early access and I believe the dev will finish it given his track record

Riskbreaker

Lunacid is legit guys. Rough as fuck as of yet, and utterly unbalanced - melee is pretty much worthless compared to magic and ranged, save, hilariously, for your humble torch due to its ability to put enemies on fire. However, exploration is already great, areas are pretty visually distinct with unique mobs and gimmicks, combat is very promising - you can damage and dismember specific body parts a la ST2.
Here's hoping that the game will garner some attention, and that we'll see more indie stuff inspired by older From (Dread Delusion and Monomyth are still far off by the looks of it).

Ironmonk

Augur

Real Time Squad Tactics

Card Battler + Squad Tactics

Both were released this week... I only saw one gameplay video for each and both seem interesting at first glance.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/marketing/upcoming_events/nextfest/2022june

Steam Next Fest returns on June 13th to June 20th, 2022! Steam Next Fest is a multi-day celebration where fans can try out demos, chat with developers, watch livestreams, and learn about upcoming games on Steam. For developers, Steam Next Fest is an opportunity to get early feedback from players and build an audience for a future launch on Steam.

During this time, games will be organized on the landing page based on the categories you select when registering as well as based on the tags that are applied to your base game's store page. See Visibility of Games below for more details.

Steam Next Fest displays live broadcasts from games based on a schedule that allows you to select up to two times for your game's livestream to be promoted more prominently. See Livestreaming Events below for more details.

We can confirm that we're already planning another Steam Next Fest for October 2022, so please plan to participate in the event that best suits your release plans!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hands of Necromancy, GZDoom engine boomer shooter where you are a necromancer who can use powers of enemies for combat and exploration:

ss_003a850282c1600350104ddb89e4e823b1c0896c.600x338.jpg
ss_104f8ee7da016d321dc2177b8f4d954af9760825.600x338.jpg

You are a Necromancer: a lone sorcerer who seeks to grow ever more powerful and learn new forms of dark magic. You search for challengers to fight, so you can hone your wicked craft. You destroy many monsters and wild creatures, yet none of them seem truly worth the fight...

However, one day, suddenly more creatures entering your world. You know something bad is happening, but maybe this is an opportunity to prove your might and show the world that you are the truly fearsome mage you always knew yourself to be.

Explore many beautiful environments - a country side, a forest, a cemetery, a castle, an ice cave, a volcano, and more - all teeming with danger to prove yourself against, as their denizens try to destroy you.

Get weapons, use magic spells, and learn transformations to fight your enemies, using their own abilities against them and bending nature to your own will.

Use the Tornado Spell to toss your enemies away with wind, or the Ring of Ice to freeze them solid, or even an Unholy Hand Grenade to blow them to smithereens!

Gain transformations as you grow in power - become the Swamp Serpent who can slither into tight spaces while breathing underwater, or the Stone Breaker Golem that smashes walls into tiny bits, the Hell Burner Demon that safely walks on lava, or even a flying Wyvern!

All of them are your key to defeating the many creatures in this metroidvania, as you explore the 21 maps in 3 giant and exciting hubs!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Starcom: Unknown Space is a sequel to Starcom: Nexus. I see the first game was received well by the looks of Codex thread.

ss_16d4272054b970499eb0d2c975db6306a3f529f9.600x338.jpg
ss_b158a685966879d2b09805ddfa92512ada5bb89f.600x338.jpg

Explore a mysterious open-world universe filled with alien factions, strange worlds, mysterious artifacts and an epic story.

As a new commander you and your crew will transform your ship from a small scout into whatever you want: a deep-space explorer, a fast strike craft or an armor-leaden battlecruiser.

ShipBuilderLaunch.gif

Meet alien races, both friendly, hostile or enigmatic. Turn foes into allies and vice versa.

Investigate new worlds and anomalies to unlock new technologies, gather valuable resources and discover the secrets of this unknown universe.

Features:
  • Explore a fully open-world universe with multiple quests and storylines
  • Build your own starship with different weapons, defenses and modules
  • Research new technologies
  • Survey planetary anomalies
  • Talk with different alien factions, each with their own strengths, weaknesses and motivations
  • Fast-travel between discovered wormholes
Fans of Starcom: Nexus should know that the overall game mechanics have remained similar (with a number of improvements), this is not a direct sequel-- it is a brand new story. New players will not need to be familiar with the plot of Starcom: Nexus to jump right in.

Zibniyat

Arcane

The music of its trailer is so beautiful. Captivating. I place a very high importance on the music of any piece of entertainment or art, so much so that it either completes it or breaks it. For some reason dungeons and the art style reminded me of Morrowind, and that game I adored (and still find it unsurpassed in certain aspects).

I don't care about From Software and dislike their Dark Souls games, but this one I might just play on account of being attracted by this seemingly simple trailer. Again, the music is the key.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The balance and randomness is still all over the wall?
Is there an option to reduce visual mess? Indie pixels+modern graphic effects are cancer combo for me...

A bunch of D&D games are now on Steam:
Eye of the Beholder

The All-Seeing Eye is licensed from Joonas Hirvonen. Thanks to DOSBox for their years of support.
They included automap function?

zapotec

Liturgist
The balance and randomness is still all over the wall?
Is there an option to reduce visual mess? Indie pixels+modern graphic effects are cancer combo for me...

A bunch of D&D games are now on Steam:
Eye of the Beholder

The All-Seeing Eye is licensed from Joonas Hirvonen. Thanks to DOSBox for their years of support.
They included automap function?

Yes, but for Eye of the Beholder 3 you will need another version of the all seeing eye (https://ase3.zorbus.net/)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom