Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Sunri

Liturgist
guys i have huge problem. i have unlocked round table and bought the bell,got already three ashes to summon but they are always greyed out. i have also never seen the gate icon on my left.

They only work in special arenas and some boss fights, do you have enough fp to use them?

MasPingon

Arcane
Last battle gave me Children of Kos vibe. After 10 hours of agony I finally beat the bastard. What's weird, after 180 hours of play time I don't have enough of this game, after some rest I will return to kick some butts I've missed (Volcano Manor, Helitree). It was a great journey.
asdasdaf.png
fsdfsf.png

180 hours... Wtf are you guys doing in this game? I was done in little over 70 and i didn't feel like rushed and that I experienced most of the decent content and got all remembrances.

How do you know you've experienced most of decent content? I don't see how you can finish this game in 70 hours without meta-knowledge or rushing through main bossess.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
How do you know you've experienced most of decent content? I don't see how you can finish this game in 70 hours without meta-knowledge or rushing through main bossess.

I finished the game in about 80 (give or take a few more or less) and this is the stuff I missed after spoiling myself on the rest of the content : Mohg (the basic bitch in the sewers, not the "real" one), the two hidden dragon fights, the two ancestor spirit shit that requires you to light flames all over underground maps, Elemer, and most of the NPC sidequests apart from the content in the first areas of the game (I did complete most of Limgrave and Liurnia, then fatigue over repeated trash set in and I started rushing the game and ignoring side content, caves, catacombs and shit).

Did a quick run post-ending to get to some of missed stuff like the dragons and Elemer, the dragons felt weaksauce after all the mad content you do at the end of the game, Elemer is p stronk though.

IMHO as long as you've completed Ranni's questline and got the clues about the haligtree you've seen most of the content worth seeing. You could spend a hundreds hours more to complete all those retarded hero tombs, catacombs, caves and the like, and fight things like the astel clone, but.. why?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, it actually happened, i lost track of this game.

I'm playing arund Luria but have pretty much no idea what i'm doing. It seems i got winded finally.

Taking a small break before continuing since i don't want to start rushing over content as i might as well not play the game anymore at that point.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Last battle gave me Children of Kos vibe. After 10 hours of agony I finally beat the bastard. What's weird, after 180 hours of play time I don't have enough of this game, after some rest I will return to kick some butts I've missed (Volcano Manor, Helitree). It was a great journey.
asdasdaf.png
fsdfsf.png

180 hours... Wtf are you guys doing in this game? I was done in little over 70 and i didn't feel like rushed and that I experienced most of the decent content and got all remembrances.

I went to the major locations, set highlights on everything that looked interesting on the map and when I reached the end of the game and looked up whether I had missed any major boss (I had not found Malenia).

I don't see how it could possibly take more than 100 for a single play-through, unless stops to sniff every flower and one refuses to use the fast travel system or something.

One thing I did that I guess people might not have is that I respecced when I hit a wall. I didn't force my way through the game with a single build (even though I probably could with Hoarfrost pre-nerf, that was too powerful to be fun).

Rushing the game with meta knowledge sounds like to would take maybe 10 hours, not 70.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Talk to the ladies that like to get fingered for advice, Lyric.
You guys that beat everything in 100 hours have played other Souls games so you are basically playing the same game so it is no surprise.

Hassar

Scholar
This game is full of annoying enemies. Ulcerated tree spirits, revenants, hawks with metal talons, bats, runebears, stone watchdog/cat things, giant birds from caelid and mohgwyn palace. Aargh, just seeing them makes me sick.
They also have a copy cat of the ds3 boreal outrider knights, I don't know the name, but fuck that.

I would count the rats as annoying enemies. They're not challenging but god there was so many of them (I don't remember a souls games with so many rat encounters) and you always, always must let them attack first because they attack at the speed (or maybe faster?) of a dagger wielder and since this game has no poise this means fuck you if you started an attack first and you don't hit them fast enough.
This is the type of enemy that makes me most angry about the games lack of poise, let's get real, fighting these things ad nauseam is not good content, I just want the fight to be done asap and if poise existed I'd just take the hits and mash that r1 on them like a drooling retard so that it ends faster.

The rooftop assfuckery in ordina.

The crustaceans in a specific part of Elphael. There are so many of them in the open, that deal so much damage, I just suicide ran to get the items there after two attempts at clearing the place.

Abductor Virgins. I'm tired of waiting while watching enemies animation. It's a constant 360 spaz or I'm gonna crash into a wall again.

Finally, those enemies that have a dodge that make them disappear. They spam this shit. This is yet another example of not really challenging enemies ( I don't recall dying once to them ) but highly, highly infuriating to fight, it feels like mechanics meant to pad the game by wasting your time dutifully on enemies that shouldn't take so long to take down. Please, just stop dodging already and die, you piece of shit.

I basically hate any enemy which has faster animations than your character. It always seemed that dex never completely nullifies that difference (even though its used as an equipment check and figures into a spellcasting system where your character isn’t doing anything dexterous besides gripping their staff) so the impression was that your character’s model and certain enemies’ were from different games.

Last edited:

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I don't see how I could possibly take more than 100 for a single play-through, unless stops to sniff every flower and one refuses to use the fast travel system or something.

I finished the game in just under 100 hours, but I largely stopped exploring the map north of Leyndell. You definitely hit 100 hours upwards if you clear most small dungeons.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What i hate is attacks that are undodgeable after you fall down or those attacks where you have to stand and watch a long sequence or animation when you already know you are dead. My ADHD just screams for murder when that shit happens.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
guys i have huge problem. i have unlocked round table and bought the bell,got already three ashes to summon but they are always greyed out. i have also never seen the gate icon on my left.

They only work in special arenas and some boss fights, do you have enough fp to use them?
i have 12 mind attribute ( didnt check how many FP ) and cant cast even the 11 fo one. i will try again inside of margit arena , but i feel they are permanently bugged for me

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't think there is a 11 fp one.
Cheapest was... 40+?
Anyway never raising Mind I could use the cheaper ones - up to 56 or 61 with items.

But you're still not limited to "weak" summons. Mimic Tear Ashes cost HP instead!
Generally you can find it (and also upgrade to +10!) simply by following Ranni's questline (and exploring a bit ancient underground cities).

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
I DID IT GUYS at lv 16, with the noble sorcerer summon . and yes it costs 11 fp and does no damage and has little health, but wolves were too costly and couldnt work with my tactic to kill him with magic in second phase . it provider just enough distraction tonlet me cast 4-5 magic arrows and then i managed to beat him with 0 flasks left and last hits were very dangerous since i had no more fp so i had to close distance. feel relieved more than satisfied, too much burned out from too many tries.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Talk to the ladies that like to get fingered for advice, Lyric.

I just did. She told me i don't have the right. :(

(well, technically she told me to go look for a cave i think i know what's up).

I think the problem is that i went up on the east side of Luria, the side with the pope turtle, and i hit the old finger lady from that side.

I just got intimidated by the gargantuan swamp lmao.

Maybe i should try west for a bit.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW the one eyed bitch finally showed up after 50 hours of gameplay and all she said was to go talk to Boc, who said nothing new. I found a golden needle and thread and figured i could give it to him but nope.

Salvo

Arcane
BTW the one eyed bitch finally showed up after 50 hours of gameplay and all she said was to go talk to Boc, who said nothing new. I found a golden needle and thread and figured i could give it to him but nope.
You CAN give it to him, but you have to be in a specific spot
More proof that the usual Souls quest formula doesn't work in an open world game

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Souls quests are fine for what they are. Most of the time you're not missing out on anything important, it's just NPC stories, a little bit of lore and the occasional item you don't really need. They're in line with the rest of their design fundamentals.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
So, major spoilers about Seluvis.
I always wondered wtf killed him after I did Ranni's quests. The other two's fate was well explained but Seluvis wasn't really. Turns out, you only get to understand if you do all of Seluvis's quests before you give the fingerslayer blade to Ranni.

Well, Seluvis is.. very daring, and had it coming. I knew he was a creep but that's some seriously mad lad over 9000 virgin neckbeard power level.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
More proof that the usual Souls quest formula doesn't work in an open world game
To be fair, I can't think of a single type of quest formula that works in an open world game. At least, the souls formula doesn't make me feel like a special needs child who needs glowing instructions to shit in his diaper and not on his cat.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
To be fair, I can't think of a single type of quest formula that works in an open world game. At least, the souls formula doesn't make me feel like a special needs child who needs glowing instructions to shit in his diaper and not on his cat.
Morrowind. As much as I despise Morrowind's gameplay, the quest design was good for the most part, no hand holding or quest arrow, but always good explanations and cues for how you should find what you need next. I'm still butthurt about a certain tiny puzzle box that was all too easy to overlook though. When the design failed, it failed spectactularly, I felt like I was going to bash my head over the monitor.

Salvo

Arcane
Gothic?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom