Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Weird West: Definitive Edition - top-down immersive sim action-RPG from Arkane founder Raf Colantonio

Salvo

Arcane
Just received a pre-order email from GOG stating that Weird West won't be available on their store until late April. Figures... at least they sent a download code for the first two Desperados.
piracy is a service issue

Codex Year of the Donut
Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Hey Lads, do you recommend this game or not, does it have tactical combat or it is h n' s ? Im serious, it is shit or not? Nevermind gonna buy this , want some new crpg badly. Besides if Avellone touch this it can't go wrong ...

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Hate to parrot the popular opinion, but I would've bought this day 1 if it had chargen and one character only.

Probably just as well, I don't really have time to take a decent shit these days, much less play more games.

Terenty

Liturgist
Raf just can't catch a break, delivers one of the best games in the last decade and never gets proper credit. First Prey, now Weird West...

Haven't played the game but 67 on metacritics? Fuck off with this shit

Trithne

Erudite
Fucking game devs who don't test the taskbar in any position other than the bottom of the screen. Have to change my taskbar settings or else it sticks to my screen and pushes the game window to the side.

Okay I was lining up a shot on someone and they threw a stick of dynamite at me as I fired, and I hit the dynamite instead of them blowing it up in their face. 10/10 perfect game.

Last edited:

kangaxx

Arbiter
Just played an hour or so - I think I'll have some fun with this game. The menu is a bit cut off on my screen though and changing res doesn't seem to fix it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The reviews all say the combat controls are terrible (should have made a turn-based game or a first person shooter Raph) and even with five character campaigns it's only 20 hours long if you do everything. :M

Jinn

Arcane
it's only 20 hours long if you do everything.

Child of Malkav said he took close to 50 hours, and that was with rushing the last two characters. I would be more inclined to believe him. Also, have seen several other places cite 40ish hours as the play length.

EDIT: Also seems they've added an additional difficulty mode since he played. He said there were only three originally, so I'm assuming Very Hard is the new addition.

Last edited:

kangaxx

Arbiter
The reviews all say the combat controls are terrible (should have made a turn-based game or a first person shooter Raph) and even with five character campaigns it's only 20 hours long if you do everything. :M

Generally speaking the reviewers at the big game sites are paedophiles and not to be trusted. Combat is absolutely fine for anyone with hands on their mouse and keyboard. Might I suggest they git gud?

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Okay after 2,5 hours i could say im in love with this little gem.
Game unfolds it's greatness as you progress further, starting from being kind of isometric shooter to full scale crpg.
Worth of your time and money, give it a shot.
I can recommend it . This and Black Geyser are my favourites this month.
Looks like 5 different playthroughs are coming here. I just started with default character.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game's fun, feel very tactile so far, also I'm a Max Payne fanboy so the bullet time easily hit my soft spot

but

KikziU1.png

G6x73sc.png

NO REALISM

NO IMMERSIUN

GAME'S RUINED

RAF'S NO LONGER OUR GOD

UNINSTALLED

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom