Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Mya gib blood on pc plox.
On a semi-related note: I found the relative lack of gore in this game strange. For so much horror in Elden Ring (including grafting of members) all you get is 20 liters of blood splatter every time you get hit, even if it's just a rat nibbling at your horse. Even Tomb Raider had more.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
So I've finally beat Bloodborne.

Even better than Dark Souls 1. Such a perfect game.

Now I completely understand how it was a "system-seller" for PS4 or "software-seller" for PS Now. Also the only Lovecraftian game which didn't royally fuck everything up. What I don't understand is why the DLC isn't there. Or should I get a console for that? But it has no PS4 Pro/ PS5 update (and DS3 did).

I guess it says something about Elden Ring that halfway through I shrugged my arms and played a different game from start to finish. Last time I did before that was, in addition to Eleonora's +8, upgrade Godskin Peeler with Seppuku so I can jump like a retard and apply bleed per attack.

No fun in a game like that. I don't understand people who autistically dedicate a 20min video to some ridiculous "build" and min-maxing it so the boss goes down in 8 seconds instead of 10.
I also dropped ER and I'm looking for other Soulslike. How is Nioh 2? Is the base game worth jt? I could get it for 15 bucks.

Oh, and welcome to the Yharnam Gentleman's Club. :salute:
Bloodborne nuthuggers are literal cancer.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Noah-Cuckwell Gayways is so bad at anything action. He called the old God of War trilogy "button-mashers". At least he was honest enough to include his own low skill gameplay footage, so a discerning eye can instantly spot it. But boy does his crowd probably lapped that shit up. With people like Cuckwell getting praise for his drivel I can understand why Matthewmatosis quit.

lmao, what is Codex's obsession with Matthewmatosis? While maybe not as terrible and easier to listen to than Caldwell-Gervais, he's still pretty bad. He legit doesn't understand half the thematic concepts and gameplay intentions he talks about.

Silva

Arcane
So I've finally beat Bloodborne.

Even better than Dark Souls 1. Such a perfect game.

Now I completely understand how it was a "system-seller" for PS4 or "software-seller" for PS Now. Also the only Lovecraftian game which didn't royally fuck everything up. What I don't understand is why the DLC isn't there. Or should I get a console for that? But it has no PS4 Pro/ PS5 update (and DS3 did).

I guess it says something about Elden Ring that halfway through I shrugged my arms and played a different game from start to finish. Last time I did before that was, in addition to Eleonora's +8, upgrade Godskin Peeler with Seppuku so I can jump like a retard and apply bleed per attack.

No fun in a game like that. I don't understand people who autistically dedicate a 20min video to some ridiculous "build" and min-maxing it so the boss goes down in 8 seconds instead of 10.
I also dropped ER and I'm looking for other Soulslike. How is Nioh 2? Is the base game worth jt? I could get it for 15 bucks.

Oh, and welcome to the Yharnam Gentleman's Club. :salute:
Bloodborne nuthuggers are literal cancer.
If you mean lovers of good and elegant game design..

images

Olinser

Savant
Honestly I thought Melania was significantly LESS crap than the bullshit invisible* assassins to get access to her in the first place. 'Oh hey guys, here's a fucking invisible endgame enemy that can grab/backstab you for 3/4 of your health despite 50 vigor and nearly the heaviest armor in the game'.

*invisibility negated by buying and equipping one specific item from a random merchant in bumbfuck nowhere that nobody tells you about in-game

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Honestly I thought Melania was significantly LESS crap than the bullshit invisible* assassins to get access to her in the first place. 'Oh hey guys, here's a fucking invisible endgame enemy that can grab/backstab you for 3/4 of your health despite 50 vigor and nearly the heaviest armor in the game'.

*invisibility negated by buying and equipping one specific item from a random merchant in bumbfuck nowhere that nobody tells you about in-game

You can also track their movements in the snow. The first encounter with the invisible type is in some cave in Altus Plataeu and that arena is a shallow puddle to teach you to watch out for their footsteps.

Grab attacks are gay as af though, I wish Elden Ring wouldn't have a giant hard-on for them.

Also there is a note about the torch somewhere I remember reading.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

I usually just run from them because they scare the shit out of me, but isn't the Black Knife Armor that you get in that very same area enough to fully avoid them? I always assumed it was.

The Decline

Arcane

You can also track their movements in the snow. The first encounter with the invisible type is in some cave in Altus Plataeu and that arena is a shallow puddle to teach you to watch out for their footsteps.

Grab attacks are gay as af though, I wish Elden Ring wouldn't have a giant hard-on for them.

Also there is a note about the torch somewhere I remember reading.

I had more trouble with the archers in that area than the assassins.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Use Unseen Form more. A lot of pain is avoided that way. It reduces line of sight by 50%, and at night when the NPCs vision is already at 50%, UF reduces that at 25%. The black knife armor chest piece (that you get under the seal bridge in the same town as the evergaol) silences the noise you make when moving. So you can sprint by mobs quietly. I only had to kill 2 archers. Also, look around the town before attempting, there are a lot of ladders that get you to rooftops and can use various spells like magic glintblade to take out archers on top of buildings. And keep UF running at all times. And that black knife chick can be cheesed if you get on top of a crumbled building where she can't get to you and use magic to kill her. At least that's what I did and it worked. In total, I only had to kill 3 NPCs: 1 black knife assassin and 2 archers.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

I usually just run from them because they scare the shit out of me, but isn't the Black Knife Armor that you get in that very same area enough to fully avoid them? I always assumed it was.
Yes, it's under the bridge. AFAIK you don't have to go inside the evergaol to obtain it, you can just get it in the normal dimension, where there are no assassins.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Finished the game at 70 hours, I explored all the map and killed every major boss. Overall, gud game but unbalanced and unpolished as fuck in a bunch of aspects. The last bosses (Godfrey, Radagon, Elden beast) where solid designed and more balanced than others. Now I'll try easy mode (A magic build).

FPsJE7-XMAAN8Y5

Sunri

Liturgist
Finished the game at 70 hours, I explored all the map and killed every major boss. Overall, gud game but unbalanced and unpolished as fuck in a bunch of aspects. The last bosses (Godfrey, Radagon, Elden beast) where solid designed and more balanced than others. Now I'll try easy mode (A magic build).

FPsJE7-XMAAN8Y5

I'm not sure what build you used now, but magic is not easy, and it's at least for me super boring good luck!

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Yeah I know what you guys mean I beat the game in 46 hours with one of my limbs in a tourniquet for maximum pleasure.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

FPsJE7-XMAAN8Y5
Why would that be easy mode? Fire spells are nice against plants, but some bosses are right on you, and it's not easy to not get hit even when you use crossbow.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

FPsJE7-XMAAN8Y5
Why would that be easy mode? Fire spells are nice against plants, but some bosses are right on you, and it's not easy to not get hit even when you use crossbow.

Sunri

Liturgist

FPsJE7-XMAAN8Y5

Yea some clickbait yt tard one shooting second boss in the game with 60 int spells is a proof that the magic is easy I guess melee is even bigger easy mode according to this lol

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, these plants are far easier with fire spell, than when you run out of FP and are still alive because you have low attribute, and you need to finish them by sword because you don't wanna waste ammo.

Otherwise, stealth is the easy mode. (not against bosses)

Child of Malkav

Erudite

FPsJE7-XMAAN8Y5

That fat guy is an idiot. So by his logic bows and crossbows are magic because you can fight from afar. Meanwhile, as a mage you dodge all over the place, learning the boss movesets trying to find the best window to cast a spell.....yeah, totally easy mode.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Magic is easy mode because, as a caster, you need to heavily invest in Mind and your casting stat, so you'll have low(ish) Endurance and will be forced to wear light/medium armor sets, which in this game look cooler than the heavy ones. And, as everyone knows, fashion is what determines your character's power level. Today I wore the Ronin armor for a moment and, honestly, it kinda felt overpowered.

Also the academy stone heads... oh, don't get me started on the academy stone heads!

Sunri

Liturgist
Magic is easy mode because, as a caster, you need to heavily invest in Mind and your casting stat, so you'll have low(ish) Endurance and will be forced to wear light/medium armor sets, which in this game look cooler than the heavy ones. And, as everyone knows, fashion is what determines your character's power level. Today I wore the Ronin armor for a moment and, honestly, it kinda felt overpowered.

Pure Drip
olivinus_glintstone_crown_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png
all you need is comfy pajama with that

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom