Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I cheated on the crusade mode so it's no effort for me. It's one of the worst features I've ever seen in a videogame.

If you effectively cut that out how long would say the game takes? I like to see most of the exploration content, but I don't care if I miss the odd bit.

I dunno, I think you can cut 20 hours maybe? I cant really be sure, sorry, as I don't really time it all that much on how much I spend. Game is certainly still long, especially chapter 4 where you go to Hell.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
First playthrough around 120-130 hours on RTwP but, second playthrough was much faster, less than 100 hours I think because unlike Kingmaker the timing is not set in stone, so if you already know what to do and when to do it it goes faster.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
With no spoilers, how long is this game on average? I stopped a few months ago 60h in because it seemed like I wasn't even half way in and I baulked at it. I want to finish the game but I don't know if I have the will... Kingmaker took me 120h.

I'm at the part where the Queen breaks the seal and you enter the demon hideout under Drezen.

Took me over 300 hours on my first playthrough. But I tend to be a completionist or close to it. The only quest I didn't finish was the one with the puzzles to get those notes for the Storyteller.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Is it possible to disable Crusade Management without it affecting the story? I've heard differing opinions on this.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Is it possible to disable Crusade Management without it affecting the story? I've heard differing opinions on this.

You will lose the artifact crafting part. Secret ending is also locked behind research so no secret ending.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I cheated on the crusade mode so it's no effort for me. It's one of the worst features I've ever seen in a videogame.

If you effectively cut that out how long would say the game takes? I like to see most of the exploration content, but I don't care if I miss the odd bit.

I dunno, I think you can cut 20 hours maybe? I cant really be sure, sorry, as I don't really time it all that much on how much I spend. Game is certainly still long, especially chapter 4 where you go to Hell.

I beg your pardon.
In WotR you visit the Abyss, not Hell!

Sarathiour

Cipher
Zippy magic was a trap choice.
It's somewhat useful for buffing, and that is if you care about it enough to do a thirty feet wide dance.
For the offensive spell, it's shit with ray spell, and outright dysfunctional with touch attack : a bug will sometimes make you swap the target of your attack with the one of your rebound. It's catastrophic for a magus, because despite your order, you will sometimes break out of combat, eat AoO and loose the full round action because the character will try to cast touch on someone on the backline.
While we're at it, evil eyes is not specified to be cast exclusively on enemy, so if you leave it on autocast, you might end up debuffing yourself.

Well done lad, you had me believe that the game was in an acceptable state 8 months after the release

:excellent:

Sarathiour

Cipher
While I'm still at it, I'm deciding to embraces the meme and start again as an azata sorcerer in core. Goal is to abuse zippy magic by casting the only two spell working with it : burning arc arc and chain lightning. Taking empower and bolster metamagic so i can use level 2-5 for burning arc and 6-9 on chain lightning, and become the most retarded nukebot.

mediocrepoet Water elemental is indeed way more easier if you tank with camilla on reduce personn, spamming evil eyes and attack with seelah with a glaive and enlarge. Me previous run was fucked in this regard because I did not bought heroism scroll, and took hampering hex instead of evil eyes. Grease also help ofc.

I did two cycle, kept the meter under the first gauge, and end up with -2dex/-2con on MC, and -8/-8 (!) on Camilla.
Is it how it's supposed to work ?
I got the answer to this question. Disease check is fucked, and you can be forced to make several in few hours of travelling drezen map, instead of the described 1check/day. :gumpyhead:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3217266489010164061

Tieflings in Mendev

Last week we spoke of aasimars, descendants of good-aligned creatures from other worlds. Today we will look at tieflings, a mixture of humans and fiends. They made their first appearance in the Wildcards DLC for Pathfinder: Kingmaker, and appreciation for them in the community has been huge ever since.

Tieflings are both something more and something less than mere mortals. Outsider blood provides them with special abilities, but also makes them a target of fear, disdain, and hatred. Most tieflings don’t know anything about their outsider ancestor – the evil legacy may sleep for multiple generations, only to appear later in a child of two ordinary-looking humans.

9108eda91cadd710b4e7f449a595aadbdff1cd4e.jpg

The most common tiefling heritages are:

Hellspawn (Devil-Spawn).
These tieflings are born of lawful evil outsiders from Hell. While often rigid, stubborn, and highly focused on sticking to plans and schedules, hellspawn also have a rare talent for penetrating others’ facades. They know a lie when they hear one, and can often determine what hidden vice or secret shame motivates another.

Pitborn (Demon-Spawn).
Descendants of Chaotic Evil denizens of the Abyss. Pitborn delight in destruction, especially while unleashing their havoc on what others consider valuable or precious. Perhaps because of this volatility, others tend to simply defer to pitborn, an act that often grants them the dominance they crave.

Motherless (Qlippoth-Spawn).
These tieflings carry the heritage of mysterious and twisted original inhabitants of the Abyss. No woman survives the birth of a baby whose qlippoth ancestry has emerged. At best, qlippoth-spawn rip their mothers apart during labor. At worst, they tear themselves out even earlier.

Foulspawn (Demodand-Spawn).
Descendants of Demodands, a race created by the titans during their war with the gods. Crude and boorish, they take delight in giving offense and scandalizing polite society. They enjoy breaking taboos even more than breaking laws, especially if it means degrading or repulsing an innocent.

Hungerseed (Oni-Spawn).
Tieflings, bearing the blood of oni, evil spirits that manifest as twisted humanoids. Endowed with brawny muscles and thick bones, hungerseed always seem poised to explode into some larger, even more powerful form, and have a voracious appetite for sensory pleasures and carnal delights.

Shackleborn (Kyton-Spawn).
Bearing the blood of the denizens of Hell, who put themselves above its laws and limits, shackleborn are fascinated by mutilation and torture. Though they prefer to practice their cruel art on others, they accept that sometimes the wheel must turn and greet their own moments of anguish and confinement with an odd serenity.

Grimspawn (Daemon-Spawn).
Descendants of creatures from Abaddon, that wish to destroy all life. Dreary and pessimistic, grimspawn are so enthralled by death, disease and dilapidation that they often dedicate themselves to ending lives from behind the scenes as macabre saboteurs.

Faultspawn (Asura-Spawn).
These tieflings bear the blood of Asura, creatures of Hell born as a result of failure or mistake of the gods. Lacking any sense of empathy or pity, faultspawn often abhor all ways of life but their own. They inflict severe emotional and physical pain on others, and never stop picking at the resulting psychological scars.

Spitespawn (Div-Spawn).
An innate sense of jealousy and pure malice drives these tieflings to spread misery and despair. Unable to experience joy themselves, they devote their lives to promoting gloom, all the while hiding the hatefulness that lurks at their core.

Beastbrood (Rakshasa-Spawn).
Descendants of Rakshasa, evil outsiders with animal heads. They regard themselves as deserving of appreciation and opulence. Through deceit and sheer willpower, they often achieve privileged stations in society.
ac54e3e2f4cb914636a47c121c2d9bf62118657f.jpg

For many decades, Mendev has been waging an endless war against demons invading Golarion through the Worldwound. It’s no surprise that tieflings are a common sight here, more than anywhere else on Golarion. Some of them are the direct offspring of demonic invaders, born during the war. Others came here for the gold and glory. Some are called by their blood to become cultists and demonic followers, joining the invasion. And there are also those who refuse to accept their evil heritage and become crusaders, protecting Mendev and proving to the whole world that there is always a choice.

In Mendev, most half-breeds are treated just like anyone else, especially in the cities near the Worldwound, where the common threat unites and reduces prejudices. Unfortunately, that is not the case for tieflings. Their appearance constantly reminds others of the enemy, provoking hatred, fear, and disgust. Only a few tieflings are able to break this wall of distrust by carrying out selfless and brave deeds. Others are doomed to be always treated with disdain here. That’s the reason why some of them gather in packs to survive. The Thieflings of Kenabres are a good example of this.

A tiefling’s life is far from easy, and searching for adventure is often the only choice – a way to find a new life and break free from the seal of darkness laid upon them. Or, conversely, to take revenge on the world that has cast them out. Tieflings make great rogues, powerful mages and magi, and even more powerful sorcerers, thanks to the outsider power in their blood. Those who accept the call of evil may also become priests of various evil entities.

But what happens if a tiefling becomes the Commander? Where will they lead the Crusade? Will they lean toward good or evil? It is time for you to write this story in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous!

b8c4353d68e057529b3c9459d13604d0196ec2e6.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
With no spoilers, how long is this game on average? I stopped a few months ago 60h in because it seemed like I wasn't even half way in and I baulked at it. I want to finish the game but I don't know if I have the will... Kingmaker took me 120h.

I'm at the part where the Queen breaks the seal and you enter the demon hideout under Drezen.
I have about 120 hours and I haven't played past the tutorial yet

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://www.facebook.com/PathfinderCRPG/posts/1950940495092987

We are happy to announce that a new DLC for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – Through the Ashes – will become available on the 21st of April in Steam, GOG, and Epic Games Store.
And now it’s time to meet Rekarth and Sendri, who will accompany you in this new DLC.
Rekarth, a tiefling and a former thief, can be harsh, but he gets things done. Sendri, a light-hearted gnome with amazing hair and innate magic abilities, means well, but gets easily distracted.
They are so different, but they will do their best to help you get to safety. We are hoping that you will take good care of your new friends

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Guess that must be the sidestory DLC a la Varnhold.

It better be good, or else they'll have to make-up for it with five more free-LC tattoo and beard packs.

Sarathiour

Cipher
At his point I'm just going to post the most outrageous thing.

So, if you're a follower of Gozreh, you get to pick a special option against the vevesector swarm in chapter 2, which grant you the following boon

W6yW1Iw.png

Pretty good huh ?

upon testing IG, it's basically a dawn shield lasting 1 hour and dealing 3d12 cold damage

Well the thing is, the enemy here are swarm , and as such, they are technically not making "attack", so it's effect are actually useless. They are also a few royal protector, who are making ranged touch attack, so still no dice.

Did I say that the effect where useless ? Forgive me, but that's actually wrong. The other main agility of the vevesctor is casting confuse on your party member, which might end up in them attacking each other, and resulting in such thing :

KdJKabZ.png

So you can ask for a boon, which end not useless, but actually nefarious to you.

Truly peak design.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.facebook.com/PathfinderCRPG/posts/1950940495092987

We are happy to announce that a new DLC for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – Through the Ashes – will become available on the 21st of April in Steam, GOG, and Epic Games Store.
And now it’s time to meet Rekarth and Sendri, who will accompany you in this new DLC.
Rekarth, a tiefling and a former thief, can be harsh, but he gets things done. Sendri, a light-hearted gnome with amazing hair and innate magic abilities, means well, but gets easily distracted.
They are so different, but they will do their best to help you get to safety. We are hoping that you will take good care of your new friends

ArchAngel

Arcane
So gnome will be sorcerer or Kineticist, what is the ex thief going to be?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
bah no new mf romance like the twins, garbage

Ehm. The gnome could be Sorcerer based on "innate magical abilities". The tiefling former thief I guess can be anything martial? It is easier to discount what it is not. Arcane caster make sense for the Gnome because in base game Nenio is the only "normal" Lv9 Arcane Caster. Having other option would be good. Yes, Ember is one too but her spell lists are very constrained due to Witch class mechanic. We definitely do not need another Divine Caster in the game so it would probably discount Inquisitor, Druid, Warpriest. I guess I can see Hunter thematically.

plem

Learned
Zippy magic was a trap choice.

it's great for single-target disables like Hold Monster, Dominate Monster, Banishment, Icy Prison, etc

The tiefling former thief I guess can be anything martial? It is easier to discount what it is not

perching on a roof with a rope gives me Urban Hunter vibes or some other Skirmisher class. they wouldn't have the gall to do another rogue tiefling... right?

Sarathiour

Cipher
it's great for single-target disables like Hold Monster, Dominate Monster, Banishment, Icy Prison, etc

Meh
You probably want to curse or weaken the target' save beforehand, so the second cast is not really good, at least not before you also get favorable magic. Also it's probably going to end up on a grunt who wasn't a threat in the first place.
Anyway my point was more about the thing outright fucking up my class mechanic instead of improving it.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
perching on a roof with a rope gives me Urban Hunter vibes or some other Skirmisher class. they wouldn't have the gall to do another rogue tiefling... right?

I don't think they will do duplicate classes much less race - class combination. Yeah Urban Hunter would woks. I guess I can see Archeologist Bard or Freebooter Ranger too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom