Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance for the DS

"003_Ali BigNigga Man African //Œ ¥£à"

Hilarious

Grog

Educated
Alright Anthony, you've had a week. What's the word on this game? Did it translate well to the DS?

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Grog said:
Alright Anthony, you've had a week. What's the word on this game? Did it translate well to the DS?

I haven't had as much time to play it as I would have liked so far, but it is Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games, which I never played.

It has all the voice acting in it, and the graphics are pretty good, but I really miss the blood from JA2.

I do like it, the UI is pretty good for the DS, it is kind of a pain to move the map sometimes, but not deal breaking. I have also shot my own mercs a few times on accident when all I wanted to do was move them. In true Jagged Alliance form, the mercs usually spout something sarcastic before shooting the other merc. :)

Once I got used to the interface, these problems (user error) went away.

If you liked Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games, you will probably like this one too.

Jinxed

Liturgist
But deadly games was a different game using the same engine. It progressed with various missions with turn limits instead of micromanaging your mercs and freeing the island. As far as I've seen its just a JA 1 port.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Jinxed said:
But deadly games was a different game using the same engine. It progressed with various missions with turn limits instead of micromanaging your mercs and freeing the island. As far as I've seen its just a JA 1 port.

Well, my mistake. I never played JA1 or JA:DG, just the second one plus expansions/mods.

Someone else told me it was Deadly Games. Maybe it is, maybe it is just 1. In the DS game you are harvesting trees and it looks like JA2, except no blood and different stances.

Jinxed

Liturgist
I've just watched a gameplay video on youtube and it looks like a JA 1 port with some interface changes, music and other minor things. But the engine is JA 1. I know that some people might be disappointed but it's still quite a good game.

karnot

Educated
If you liked Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games, you will probably like this one too.
You had no qualms about the game becoming much more ...casual and simplified ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom