Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I already played the game multiple times and for this playthrough I decided to try for the first time a Dexterity/Arcane build.

Lol, you just outted yourself, bre. You are recording yourself after completing it multiple times, and then have the nerve to claim you have no meta-knowledge. Gave me a good chuckle.

I guess it would be hard for you munchkins to understand how normal people play these games. Oh well.
Outed myself? Claiming I have no meta-knowledge?

Where I'm from, there is a saying that roughly translates to "arguing with you is like trying to win a hat-fight against a sparrow". That's the only thing that I can think of while reading your replies.

Oh, Porky! If only you weren't this cute!

Outed myself? Claiming I have no meta-knowledge?

Where I'm from, there is a saying that roughly translates to "arguing with you is like trying to win a hat-fight against a sparrow". That's the only thing that I can think of while reading your replies.

Oh, Porky! If only you weren't this cute!

And based on your replies, one would imagine you and the sparrow wore same sized hats.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The sad thing about Elden Ring is that the skeletons from Dark Souls are more evolved than any enemies from ER. From Software has managed to reskin the same mobs and somehow lose the fairness in translation.

By the way, I changed my resolution to 1280x720 and the game still stutters during boss fights. On a RTX 2070 Super will up-to-date drivers while playing offline.

Is anyone able to play the game without stutters on PC?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Considering that weapon upgrades require 2, 4, and 6 of the same material for each set of 3 upgrade levels, I suspect that From Software made a relatively late decision to double the amount of materials needed for most upgrades.
that's another thing that was added just to annoy players.

DeS: the game gives you a bunch of different stones which may seem confusing at first, but it actually diversifies the gameplay since player is incentivized to use different weapons and the game sometimes drops already upgraded and infused stuff (like crescent falchion for example).

Dark Souls: early enemies drop titanite shards, plus the first blacksmith already sells infinite amount of them, allowing player to upgrade any weapon to +5 to try out different movesets

Dark Souls 2: infinite titanite is gated behind story progression, but the game gives you enough to keep 2-3 main weapons upgraded. Plus now there's a minor decision to be made - do you want to use a newly found titanite shard to immediately upgrade backup weapon to +1, or do you want to continune looking for materials to upgrade the first weapon to +2/+3?

Dark Souls 3: oh, a titanite shard! ...aaand i can't do anything with it, at least until i find another one.

and now Elden Ring makes upgrading even more annoying.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Dark Souls 2: infinite titanite is gated behind story progression, but the game gives you enough to keep 2-3 main weapons upgraded.
Don't forget the bonfire ascetics. Using them on the dragon aerie is pretty much like an infinite titanite farm.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is anyone able to play the game without stutters on PC?
No, it doesn't matter how good your pc is it will stutter.
It's not only a matter of overall quality of the components. I have a 2060ti and I've experienced stuttering twice in the entire game (whenever I enter the Stormhill area or the sewers), a friend of mine has a 2070super and his game is borderline unplayable sometimes. CPUs also have a non-negligible impact, with certain models running flawlessly and others sucking big balls for no apparent reason.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Nothing, i'll just explain the situation.

I'm too far away from the ball bearing +2, so it's gonna be a long time before i can buy them, and i decided to change build in the middle of the game so i found myself short of materials for upgrading a new set of weapons, which is why i'm farming the ones i need.

For what it's worth, I think there's only one mandatory boss you need to kill, if you don't have the two medallion halves to activate the dectus elevator. Going on a quick expedition with your horse is probably easier and faster than farming stones.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nothing, i'll just explain the situation.

I'm too far away from the ball bearing +2, so it's gonna be a long time before i can buy them, and i decided to change build in the middle of the game so i found myself short of materials for upgrading a new set of weapons, which is why i'm farming the ones i need.

For what it's worth, I think there's only one mandatory boss you need to kill, if you don't have the two medallion halves to activate the dectus elevator. Going on a quick expedition with your horse is probably easier and faster than farming stones.

Getting both halves of the medallion and beelining for the +2 ball bearing is infinitely easier and faster than farming the stones.

Now, to buy stones you need runes but you can just kill the papa dragon with a bleed weapon and you have more than enough. Plus stones are way cheaper after 1.03 than in vanilla.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I didn't know the invasion system is that scuffed in ER no wonder PVP is unplayable lol

Couple of things.

The co-op complaint is only partially correct. No, you are not gonna find a summon sign at random places in the world, so there's no open world co-op, and i think this was intended, for one simple reason being that you can't use your horse while in co-op mode. Found that out when summoned to fight the dragon in Luria.

HOWEVER, it's not true co-op is only about boss fights because people look for summon signs around summoning pools, not just in front of the boss fog. This means you'll get to help people clear dungeons, and in the legacy dungeons those pools are scattered everywhere. And legacy dungeons is where you want to help people in the first place. With the meandering nature of the open world, the need to follow the pace of the host who wants to explore, means open world co-op would amount to a whole bunch of nothing for the ally. Just riding after the host killing sheeps and the occational band of mooks.

As a dedicated co-op guy, all i do is just use the staff and let it rip. I get summoned in random locations and get to redo some of the smaller dungeons or guide people around sections of legacy areas. That's pretty much what non-password co-op amounts to.

As for PvP, i never got more than one invasion in a summon. Connection errors are a bigger issue than invaders to me.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
it was like that in Dark Souls 3.
More evidence that Dark Souls 3 is forgettable. :M

that's another thing that was added just to annoy players.
and now Elden Ring makes upgrading even more annoying.
Yes, even if From Software felt compelled to keep the excessive materials requirement from Dark Souls 3, the lowest level of smithing stones should have been infinitely available for sale from the blacksmith in Roundtable Hold so that players could experiment with weapons and upgrade them to +3 early on, and the item needed to unlock infinite 2nd level smithing stones should have been found in Stormveil Castle, so that a player willing to spend the runes could then upgrade a new weapon to +6. As the game is currently, the player is stuck using the two weapons they've invested in upgrading, unless they either farm stones from enemies that drop them or possibly use meta-knowledge to obtain the item that unlocks the two lowest-level stones, which is much further into the game than it should be. And then the game simply repeats this problem for the next two levels of smithing stones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom