Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

laclongquan

Arcane
Do we know any recent Chinese-made games that can be playable on English?

Discounting Prince of Qin which is 2 decades ago.

Modron

Arcane

Home Behind 2 came out this year (has Tencent's ACE DRM though which is essentially a keylogger though so do not remove a physical copy from inventory if interested in it), Sands of Salazar and Sword and Fairy 7 came out last year, Banner of the Maid and My Time at Portia came out 2 years ago. Semi recent: Gloria Sinica 5 years ago, Tale of Wuxia 6 years ago (not adding the prequel because I don't count that machine translation as English because it's so bad), and Gujian3 4 years ago.

If you're not above fan machine translations you can play Ho Tu Lo Shu: The Books of Dragon and Fateseeker 1 and 2.

Cael

Arcane

Home Behind 2 came out this year (has Tencent's ACE DRM though which is essentially a keylogger though so do not remove a physical copy from inventory if interested in it), Sands of Salazar and Sword and Fairy 7 came out last year, Banner of the Maid and My Time at Portia came out 2 years ago. Semi recent: Gloria Sinica 5 years ago, Tale of Wuxia 6 years ago (not adding the prequel because I don't count that machine translation as English because it's so bad), and Gujian3 4 years ago.

If you're not above fan machine translations you can play Ho Tu Lo Shu: The Books of Dragon and Fateseeker 1 and 2.
What kind of person would willingly install a keylogger into their computer? Especially one that is tied to China and the commiecunt party?

KafkaBot

Scholar
except samurai girl other two main heroines were pretty meh. support cast was gud tho. kohakuren was my favorite.

I'm partial to Serawi, though I do agree that Emelita is quite forgettable.

Elizasleyn was my favorite supporting character, but I do respect the tastes of anyone who chooses Kohakuren; her design is just great.

Kruyurk

Learned
Dark Souls is a Western RPG with real roleplaying options.
The most important roleplaying choices being stylistic ones.
If you select your equipment based solely on its stats, you are almost certainly committing fashion faux pas.

Codex Year of the Donut
image.png

Silentstorm

Learned
Complexity does not make a game better, some games work better when they are simpler to understand and it kinda feels like the people who want more and more complexity just want to say they are smarter gamers than the average gamer because their games require more of a learning curve regardless of whether the complexity actually makes the game better or not.

Shin

Cipher
people in here tend not to wash their hands after they do a boo boo and so their spacebar is brown since they have to unpause their shitty rtwp game after they come back from the bathroom
wash your hands motherfuckers

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom