Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Myobi

Liturgist
Holy shit, its Val, welcome to the codex my dude, nice to have you here. You know, I had hopes that someone else would eventually buy SC out of Chris and manage to squeeze a decent game out of it, like Microsoft managed to do with Freelancer, but at this point I think that no company would be crazy enough to touch that Frankenstein of a project...

The Freelancer team was pretty small by comparison, the Scam Citizen racket employs the population of a small island nation and spends the annual GDP of one. And they plan to add another 1000 https://nintendo-power.com/cloud-imperium-games-new-studio-with-1000-employees-for-star-citizen/ :lol:

Microsoft wouldn't take that risk, especially now that they already own basically every other game company and can just sit back and rake in the cash from the back catalog on leeloo dallas multi game pass.

Yeah my dude, that's sort of the point.

… and honestly it isn’t just that, the foundation is clearly fucked, any company would probably have a much easier time just developing something from scratch than to try to fix the damn thing to build upon it.

Myobi

Liturgist
"Star Citizen devs talk about character hygiene"

Players might have to take a shit to avoid negative effects. That's 5 more years of development for the shitting tech n wiping mechanics... and hopefully it will work just fine once server meshing hits.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
neEegkf.png

:avatard:

Myobi

Liturgist

Is this supposed to be like some sort of diss or something? Because it could be much worse, like I could have almost a thousand posts in shit like "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN".

... or I could be throwing my money at shit like Star Citizen and getting butthurt around online forums at people poking fun at it : ) Just go buy an Idris my dude, you'll feel better after.

PS: Also pretty bold of you to assume that those are all SC related, FYI a big chunk of them are on the Greed Monger thread, an equally entertainment shitshow of a scam, if you hurry up, you might still be able to "invest" on that one as well.

Last edited:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Bro every time I open this thread 60% of the posts are you talking to yourself and making the same joke, for the past ~3 years. You have invested more in Star Citizen than the average whale at this point.

Dexter

Arcane
To be fair, Scam Shitizen has been the same joke for the last, what has it been? Close to 10 years now?

Myobi

Liturgist
Bro every time I open this thread 60% of the posts are you talking to yourself and making the same joke, for the past ~3 years. You have invested more in Star Citizen than the average whale at this point.

Try rubbing in a cream or ointment that contains witch hazel and avoiding opening the thread? I don't know dude, such an awkward way to show people that your butthurt over a random asshole poking fun at a train crash of a video game project, at least you could put a little effort and make it entertaining.

Data4

Arcane
The thing I find most interesting about the internet in general, and not just the Codex, is the amount of energy people expend giving attention to things they don't like. Like I could list a whole catalog of threads here that don't interest me, but what's the point?

Myobi

Liturgist
The thing I find most interesting about the internet in general, and not just the Codex, is the amount of energy people expend giving attention to things they don't like. Like I could list a whole catalog of threads here that don't interest me, but what's the point?

Entertainment. It’s fairly entertaining to a lot of people to watch others getting upset over silly jokes towards multi-million-dollar companies, especially when those people start humiliating themselves by going to great lengths and extreme mental gymnastics to defend them while being constantly misled and lied to for the sake of profit.

You may not share such entertainment value, which is completely fine, but if it somehow bothers you, the best you can do is probably stick to places like the official forums, just make sure you don’t ask to many inconvenient questions while in there.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
You could also use your real name here and everywhere on the internet.

It's almost like people like to blow off steam anonymously. Weird.

Last edited:

Data4

Arcane

One or two comments is one thing, but there are some people in this thread that have an issue with SC posting about it more than those that like the game. At some point, you say your peace and move on. But no, it's like "Show us on the doll where SC hurt you."

And just to be clear, I've become ambivalent about the game. I used to enjoy it, but changes, bugs, etc. have made it not really fun to play any more. My observations aren't out of a sense of butthurt like someone implied with their reaction to my post. I don't really care what anyone thinks about Star Citizen so much as I'm amused by the constant effort spent proclaiming that dislike. I don't like Souls-like games, so what do I do? I don't play them, nor do I participate in any discussions about them. I just don't care enough to waste my time and energy.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

One or two comments is one thing, but there are some people in this thread that have an issue with SC posting about it more than those that like the game. At some point, you say your peace and move on. But no, it's like "Show us on the doll where SC hurt you."

And just to be clear, I've become ambivalent about the game. I used to enjoy it, but changes, bugs, etc. have made it not really fun to play any more. My observations aren't out of a sense of butthurt like someone implied with their reaction to my post. I don't really care what anyone thinks about Star Citizen so much as I'm amused by the constant effort spent proclaiming that dislike. I don't like Souls-like games, so what do I do? I don't play them, nor do I participate in any discussions about them. I just don't care enough to waste my time and energy.

Okay Karen...

Gargaune

Magister
I don't really care what anyone thinks about Star Citizen so much as I'm amused by the constant effort spent proclaiming that dislike. I don't like Souls-like games, so what do I do? I don't play them, nor do I participate in any discussions about them. I just don't care enough to waste my time and energy.
People love a good roast, it's just human nature. And the Codex is full of human nature. Besides, you gotta account for the difference between not caring for something and actively disliking it - you're not interested in Dark Souls, but Myobi dislikes Star Citizen. Not hard to imagine, one's a kind of game you don't find appealing, the other's a half-a-billion-dollar whaling trip. Depending on your level of empathy, .JPG Tycoon's either reprehensible or an epic lolcow.

ADL

Prophet
Daily reminder that you can (and should) only play with a $45 starter package just fine and earn ships worth hundreds of dollars in game within 10-15 hours of casual play. Spending any amount beyond that initial $45 should be considered a donation with a completely unnecessary progression skip as a thank you. There's absolutely nothing stopping you from upgrading or buying multiple ships in the first 5 hours.

Ship sales are a means to an end to keep development going and getting upset over them is stupid as fuck considering you can earn them with relative ease. The only ship that's not targeted towards organizations is the Aegis Reclaimer which is an industrial salvage ship comparable to the Nostromo from Alien. That's still under 100 hours of super casual mission running. Assuming you don't just rent a big cargo ship, take some risks and get rich quick.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Daily reminder that you can (and should) only play with a $45 starter package just fine and earn ships worth hundreds of dollars in game within 10-15 hours of casual play. Spending any amount beyond that initial $45 should be considered a donation with a completely unnecessary progression skip as a thank you. There's absolutely nothing stopping you from upgrading or buying multiple ships in the first 5 hours.

Ship sales are a means to an end to keep development going and getting upset over them is stupid as fuck considering you can earn them with relative ease. The only ship that's not targeted towards organizations is the Aegis Reclaimer which is an industrial salvage ship. That's still under 100 hours of super casual mission running. Assuming you don't just rent a big cargo ship, take some risks and get rich quick.

I just love the copium in your post. You remind me of an alcoholic sitting in an AA meeting declaring that you don't have a drinking problem. You spend the entire time rationalizing why you are still an addict and that it's normal to be an addict. You just used the most common coping mechanism that it's not a lot of money (one can of beer won't hurt you in quitting). That feeds into the sunk cost logical fallacy that you have spent x amount of money (spent this many years enjoying booze) that you can't possibly be addicted.

They should make a zoo about cults with you as one of the attractions.

The game has been in alpha stage for 11 years. Name me one other game that has spent that long in development with hundreds of millions of dollars sunk into it and never progressed to a beta. There's only one I know of and it's Scam Citizen.

EDIT: Putting butthurt on my post shows how you are unable to deal with reality and projecting your own butthurt with someone that pointed out your problems.

ADL

Prophet
The only ship I have is an Avenger Titan bro ($55 plus some store credit from an AMD promotion I got with a GPU which I'll probably use on a couple paint jobs). Everything else is earned with ease as mentioned in my post. You guys are the ones that have been clutching your pearls for ten years over ship sales which aren't even necessary to enjoy the game. You can get great ships for every gameplay loop in under the time it takes you to level a character in World of Warcraft so what's the problem?

Who cares how long it's been in development? SWTOR took seven years and that was a by-the-numbers WoW clone made on a "make your own MMO" game engine doing nothing particularly special. Given the scale of Star Citizen even if it takes double the amount of time that SWTOR did who cares? It's running right now. You can play it and it gets significant updates four times a year. Again, what's the problem?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
The only ship I have is an Avenger Titan bro ($55 plus some store credit from an AMD promotion I got with a GPU which I'll probably use on a couple paint jobs). Everything else is earned with ease as mentioned in my post. You guys are the ones that have been clutching your pearls for ten years over ship sales which aren't even necessary to enjoy the game. You can get great ships for every gameplay loop in under the time it takes you to level a character in World of Warcraft so what's the problem?

Who cares how long it's been in development? SWTOR took seven years and that was a by-the-numbers WoW clone. Given the scale of Star Citizen even if it takes double the amount of time that SWTOR did who cares? It's running right now. You can play it and it gets significant updates four times a year.

I don't care about Scam Citizen in the slightest, so there goes your argument. I'm here to get laughs at your dumbass and your rationalizations for this game along with excusing your addiction.

The problem is, RETARD, that the game isn't even released yet and they're still accepting money for things that aren't even in the game. Scam Citizen is the original NFT scam in selling people JPGs for ships that haven't even reached the production stage. The troubling thing is that you are okay with that.

Oh the invalid comparison with a released game. Here's the reason why your SWTOR example fails... it was released and is still in current development complete with expansion packs. Scam Citizen hasn't been released yet. Therefore your argument falls apart. Try finding a game that hasn't been released and is still in alpha for your comparison to make it valid.

EDIT: Why didn't you compare Scam Citizen to say Eve Online or Elite Dangerous? Both have the same scale that Scam Citizen allegedly does. It's interesting that you didn't do a straight up comparison to a competing product.

Last edited:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Oh the invalid comparison with a released game. Here's the reason why your SWTOR example fails... it was released and is still in current development complete with expansion packs. Scam Citizen hasn't been released yet. Therefore your argument falls apart. Try finding a game that hasn't been released and is still in alpha for your comparison to make it valid.
Escape from Tarkov began development in 2012 and is still not "released". It doesn't really matter though, because for all intents and purposes it is released - you can buy it and play it now. There are a lot of games that follow this active development model these days. There are plenty of problems with Star Citizen and CIG but obsessing over "It's not even released!" is a boomer complaint.

Higher Game

Arcane
The only rational defense of Star Citizen is that space games and their mods are already so autisted out that the full retard immersive sim elements are all that's left to develop.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Escape from Tarkov began development in 2012 and is still not "released". It doesn't really matter though, because for all intents and purposes it is released - you can buy it and play it now. There are a lot of games that follow this active development model these days. There are plenty of problems with Star Citizen and CIG but obsessing over "It's not even released!" is a boomer complaint.

Just looking at Escape from Tarkov it's in beta now which began in July 27, 2017. Try again with another game as it was in alpha development for 5 years. Remember, my original statement was to find a game that had been in development for 11 years and never released into beta. You failed in that demand.

As for the obsessing statement, that's a strawman since the point is that the game has taken almost a half a billion dollars and still hasn't released into beta. So you are exercising Zoomer copium for being rammed in the ass by Scam Citizen and defending Roberts' honor.

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
Myobi dislikes Star Citizen.

Oh, I don’t really have a problem with the game itself.

What I actually dislike its CiG business practice.

Dear fucking lord, are we really going to try to squeeze out an emotional attachment to somehow justify my shit posting? I can assure you that I sleep just fine at night, good old uncle Roberts hasn’t touched me in any inappropriate places (yet)… the same can’t be said about many of you mother fuckers, as his hands were all over those dirty wallets.

As I told you already, it’s mostly just entertainment for me, what can I say, I love myself some good old dumpster fire, and a couple of minutes of my time every now and then is a price I’m willing to pay for some good ass giggles at the expense of random mad ass dudes that are willing to go digging through my profile and posting history after dumping a thousand posts in the “orange man bad” section, just to upload dem juicy screen shots, to lecture me about how I’m wasting my own god damn time.

… and since we are so fucking interested in my posting habits, may I point out that I have 784 “Funny” ratings at 707 posts? That makes my dumb fucking posts around 110% entertaining not just for myself, but others, and the only one’s who seem to have some sort of problem with them are the “totally not butthurt” cunts with money invested on the damn thing.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom