Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Efe

Erudite
he soloed entire encounter?
post a vid I'm curious

he soloed entire encounter?
post a vid I'm curious

No, I took care of the 2 spectral banished knights, that is, one came to me first, so I expected the mimic to do little more, than keep aggro of someone. Instead the second knight came to me shortly after, and when I got rid of both, he was already going toe to toe with Niall.

I don't have any video :( only this screenshot taken midway, as I just stood still and went :hmmm::

20220411183535-1.jpg

I know that bleed is op etc, but still...

Olinser

Savant
Lmao, the big jar challenge, are they fucking serious?

This is the most meme thing From has ever done.

You have to get past those fucking archers only to get one shot by some meme weapon art. I'm SL33 and the invaders are supposed to be scaled to your level according to google but it feels like they are SL150 or some shit judging by the health and gear they have.

Just level up vigor up to 50.

Vigor has an increased return of investment until 40, decreases until 60, after which it goes to shit. Endurance levels stamina steadily until 50 and carry weight has good returns until 25, then dips and goes back up again until 60. So level vigor to at least 40 and endurance based on whether you're a fighter or a caster.

Intelligence has 60 for the best staff and the shoop da whoop, 70 for the moon spell. Faith has 40 for the best seal and 50 for the best spell. Mind gives better returns of FP until 20, gives a steady amount until 50, then goes up for a few levels then goes down again and goes flat at 60.

Despite what others have claimed, with 40 vigor and reasonable armour, I didn't get one shot by anything though there are a few wombo combos that you can get stuck in. They're pretty rare though and you can usually dodge enough of it to still get out and heal. People who were getting one shot on NG at vigor 40 were probably using seals that increase damage taken like sore/scarseals. Sure, sore/scarseals increase your stats enough to give you some extra HP, but the increase in damage taken blows that out of the water at anything but the earliest levels (and probably even then).

Then you haven't done the bonus bosses or areas.

I had heavy armor - mostly Radahn and Veteran's gloves/boots/helm with Black Knife chestpiece - and vigor 55 - and never use soreseals (I use Great Jar, Erdtree +2, Blue Dancer, and Winged Sword ->> Rotten Winged Sword) and I got LEGITIMATELY 1 shot by Placidusax and his idiotic LUL LAZER BEAM the first time, and his disappearing dive bomb attack where you have to 360 the camera and search for him to dodge also 1 shot me once when I didn't see him (although that one is easy to dodge as long as you see him). Blood Mohg is an easy boss but unless you looked up in advance what he was doing, don't pretend most people won't get autokilled by his ritual because you didn't realize it was an autohit that's unblockable and undodgeable and he was going to spam it multiple times back to back and the only way out was to have found and use the stun item or to simply heal through it. Black Knife Alecto and their retarded tracking evil Waterfowl will near-instant 2 shot you if you get hit because there's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to avoid a 2nd hit unless you somehow were on the very edge, and even then still puts a DOT on you that takes another 1/3 or so of your HP even if you heal (yes I'm aware you can cheese them but it's idiotic that you should be having to cheese anything). The stupid land octopus in the Consecrated Snowfield grab was TECHNICALLY not a '1-shot', but it did 100% me with a single grab at 45 vigor.

And of course Malenia's Waterfowl is the ultimate of retardation. Just like Alecto, yeah if you want to be autistic it's TECHNICALLY not a 1-shot since its not 1 hit, but after the first hit you can't avoid the second.

Even if you didn't technically get '1 shot' by some attacks, losing 3/4 or more of your HP to a single attack that then takes 2 flasks to regen is STUPID. Bosses should hit hard, sure, but if I have a heavy Vigor build with just about the heaviest armor in the game why am I losing 3/4 of my HP to a single attack. If I hadn't pumped endurance to wear heavy armor, then I WOULD have been 1 shot by a lot more attacks.

The problem is that a lot of the endgame and bonus bosses are just poor design. They set the endurance carry weight SO high that at even moderate endurance with the Great Jar, you can wear the extreme heavy armor like Radahn or Veteran's and still light roll, so they had to crank the damage up to basically punish anybody that DIDN'T pump vigor/endurance.

For the most part they were simply unable to make legitimately challenging and dangerous lategame bosses and patterns so they resorted to making them bricks of HP that helicopter with stupid gimmicky massive damage moves. Take out Waterfowl and Malenia is honestly a joke of a boss.

Caim

Arcane
Vigor has an increased return of investment until 40, decreases until 60, after which it goes to shit. Endurance levels stamina steadily until 50 and carry weight has good returns until 25, then dips and goes back up again until 60. So level vigor to at least 40 and endurance based on whether you're a fighter or a caster.

Intelligence has 60 for the best staff and the shoop da whoop, 70 for the moon spell. Faith has 40 for the best seal and 50 for the best spell. Mind gives better returns of FP until 20, gives a steady amount until 50, then goes up for a few levels then goes down again and goes flat at 60.
Despite what others have claimed, with 40 vigor and reasonable armour, I didn't get one shot by anything though there are a few wombo combos that you can get stuck in. They're pretty rare though and you can usually dodge enough of it to still get out and heal. People who were getting one shot on NG at vigor 40 were probably using seals that increase damage taken like sore/scarseals. Sure, sore/scarseals increase your stats enough to give you some extra HP, but the increase in damage taken blows that out of the water at anything but the earliest levels (and probably even then).
40 vigor with good armor is perfectly feasible, yes. If you don't have good armor because you have a massive fuck-off weapon, insist on using mage robes for RP reasons or just don't level endurance (which you should, given that it's the stamina stat), you might run into some trouble. Then again, I'm currently 50 endurance with Radagon's Scarseal, and even with the debuff and my armaments (the ornamental straight swords and golden beast crest shield, so a light weapon and a greatshield) I can afford some pretty heavy armor (Radahn's body with pieces of Bull Goat) and still have medium rolls. I can tank hits reasonably well, but the shield lets me tank and spank pretty well. Of course, the damage of my individual swings thanks to somewhat so-so investment into my combat stats isn't spectacular, but the upside of the OSS is that they are one of the few weapons in the game that are two for the price of one and I can still swing for some quick 700-ish AP with the press of a button.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Interestingly, the game used to be a lot more blunt about delivering some of its lore, by a mechanic introduced and cut from the game, where you would collect "dream mist" from entites affected by the slumbering fog, from which you could acquire a brew that would have NPCs just spill out their innermost nature, like Kale of the merchant jews having been affected by the frenzied flame. The mechanic itself was tied to St Trina stuff, which would have added more content to the Miquella side of thing (St Trina is just another identity for Miquella).

Combined with the fact that the one item of the game that allows you to annul the decision to follow the frenzied flame comes from Miquella, I think there was initially more to the character than there is now in the game, left as nothing but Mohg's sex puppet.

Olinser

Savant
Prioritizing pumping VGR to 40 definitely made the game a lot easier so far, but I guess I'm still far away from hardest bosses. Most bosses go down in 1-2 tries. So far the early stage of the game has been the hardest, when I had low HP.

Yeah honestly I've noticed people talking about how hard the early game is dramatically rests on whether a person realizes that offensive stats are a trap outside requirements for specific weapons because they give so little damage per point - prioritizing vigor and endurance makes the early game so much smoother it's not even funny.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
offensive stats are a trap outside requirements for specific weapons because they give so little damage per point

Yes, in the first 1/3 or the game, ish, because your offensive stats only start to git gud with B scaling and better and you aren't gonna get that until later (WAY later, depending on your playstyle).

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Anyone can land complete chain of attacks after staggering an enemy (and it's better to do than doing the critical attack in most cases).
I'm not doubting the possibility of this, but let's be honest here: if you're already such a pro-gamer that you're doing chains instead of the critical hit, do you even need the additional 20%? The Talismans are already the most contested gear slot and there are a bunch of those damage increasing one's in the game already. The average player will look at it and forget about it instantly, because what they did the quest for was to help out Millicent, not some talisman.

"just another damage talisman" it's all about what happens when you've united them all. Just one addition of damage might seem minor, when you've made a build that gathers a lot of sources of damage increases, on the other hand.. You just don't understand how much the game changes when you do. Doing the NG+ runs to get the other endings was such a breeze. The build I describe along with a mixed physick that also contains damage boosters feels like running RTSR in other souls without the need for the actual RTSR.

It was highly transformative. My character felt good in the initial NG run, it felt like god walking among men in NG+ when I got some of the talismans I missed.
I understand completely. Going from +0% to +80% is big.
My argument is that going from +60% to +80% is not worth a major character dying. Especially when beating this game is so easy without it.

Old Hans

Arcane
My mimic spirit ash just soloed Commander Niall :lol:

this game has more cheese coming out of it than Unilever
I killed him by luring him into the exploding geysers in the lake, which took a little effort compared to when I used Scarlet Rot dragon breath on him. that dragon breath is broken as hell for such a low stat cost

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

I killed him by luring him into the exploding geysers in the lake, which took a little effort compared to when I used Scarlet Rot dragon breath on him. that dragon breath is broken as hell for such a low stat cost
He is talking about a different encounter. Yours is in Caelid, his is in Mountaintops of the Giants.

Old Hans

Arcane

He is talking about a different encounter. Yours is in Caelid, his is in Mountaintops of the Giants.
well looks like im gonna lure him back to the swamp geysers.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
if you're already such a pro-gamer that you're doing chains instead of the critical hit.
?????? what's with the snark. Enemies in stagger don't exactly counter you back, why is it a "pro gamer" move to do attack chains instead of criticals? anyone with a brain notices critical sucks unless they take out a +25 misericorde or something, particularly if they have a build with frost or bleed ( or both ), or a STR bonker with knight resolve. Although, some enemies allow both chains and criticals if you time it right, it's something that should be abused on bosses like the Elden Beast who take more time to wake up even when you continue to whail on them.

'nyhow, I'm at ng+4, I've run various builds, I can definitely tell how much smoother the game feels when you're wholly optimized in your damage and it gets even more significant when enemies get tankier. I'll take every added bit of damage, thank you very much.

Caim

Arcane
Fucking finally, been lacking a single Smithing Stone (3) for days. I finally find one exploring around Caelid and my Longsword jumps from +8 to +14.
At that point you might as well have gone for the bell bearing. And it's only going to get worse, like I had with Smithing Stone (6).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Doing Caleid as we speak, which means i'm finally close to one of the meme bosses everybody has been crying about. Didn't make any more videos so far as there was no point, since all the bosses i met in Luria were pretty easy. I was gonna make a video for Rennala but i wanted to practice a bit but ended up killing her on my first try.

We'll see what Radahn has in store for me.

Caim

Arcane
Also there's a merchant hidden in Raya Lucaria. From the first bonfire take the path to the east and downwards. He's got some good stuff, and he's also the guy you can buy the Fanged Imp Ashes from in case you want them but didn't pick them as your keepsake. He's also got the cookbook for the sleepy stuff.

Oh, and be careful if you proceed after him. You'll get your ass jumped if you're not.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

So, when from "nerfed" the mimic they removed its ability to use flasks but not the healing spells. Combined with its infinite FP it can actually, 100% solo Malenia without user intervention.

It's really interdasting to see how much this game can be broken.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It still sounds like it is working as intended. The japs don't have this huge pride thing about whether their summon that is exactly based off the character they are playing beats the bad guy or not.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I wasn't sure whether to rate you fake news, retadred, butthurt, shit, or cuck. Please accept my humble button with my compliments and be aware that I fully think of you with all of those. Before I continue responding to you, please give my regards to your family as caring for someone who so obviously suffers from cerebral palsy and severe retardation cannot be easy.

I had heavy armor - mostly Radahn and Veteran's gloves/boots/helm with Black Knife chestpiece - and vigor 55 - and never use soreseals (I use Great Jar, Erdtree +2, Blue Dancer, and Winged Sword ->> Rotten Winged Sword) and I got LEGITIMATELY 1 shot by Placidusax and his idiotic LUL LAZER BEAM the first time, and his disappearing dive bomb attack where you have to 360 the camera and search for him to dodge also 1 shot me once when I didn't see him (although that one is easy to dodge as long as you see him).

So you died once each to two easily avoidable attacks of an optional boss when you were learning his mechanics. I... guess you want to waltz through everything the first time you see it? Also, just because as you noted, the attacks were easily avoidable but you died when you failed to avoid it doesn't mean that I (1) didn't do the fight because I didn't die to an easily avoidable attack, (2) lied about not getting one shot by easily avoidable attacks, (3) decided to stand in and get hit by everything in the game just to see whether or not vigor was a good investment beyond 40 points.

Btw, when you got hit by some of this stuff, were you playing while awake? Were you handling the controller with your penis instead of your hands? Did you have a seizure during the fight due to the flashy attacks? I'm just trying to understand and build empathy for your situation.

Blood Mohg is an easy boss but unless you looked up in advance what he was doing, don't pretend most people won't get autokilled by his ritual because you didn't realize it was an autohit that's unblockable and undodgeable and he was going to spam it multiple times back to back and the only way out was to have found and use the stun item or to simply heal through it.

Or uh... use the elixir thing that dispels it and keep track of his habit of literally counting up the charges and then yelling every time he uses the curse to explode you. I did die to this mechanic before realizing what happened and deciding to try using the flask thing. I did not get one shot by it. Unlike you (apparently), when I take a shitload of damage and don't die! I go holy shit! and then heal if it's safe to do so (or die if I tried to panic heal because it wasn't safe to do so). It's weird though since even you mention being able to heal through it, that you literally could not have been one shot by the mechanic. See, if something explodes you, you cannot react to it. You're busy being dead.

Black Knife Alecto and their retarded tracking evil Waterfowl will near-instant 2 shot you if you get hit because there's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to avoid a 2nd hit unless you somehow were on the very edge, and even then still puts a DOT on you that takes another 1/3 or so of your HP even if you heal (yes I'm aware you can cheese them but it's idiotic that you should be having to cheese anything). The stupid land octopus in the Consecrated Snowfield grab was TECHNICALLY not a '1-shot', but it did 100% me with a single grab at 45 vigor.

I didn't think this needed explanation, but here we go: two shot is not the same as one shot. In fact, it's not even close. See, when it takes two hits to kill you, you can usually react to things and survive - or at least you have the opportunity to. When you die in one hit, there is no ability to react. Note that, re: Placidusax above, if the one shot is easily avoidable then you've basically chosen to die, and honestly, if I had to deal with your crippling disabilities, I probably would too.

And of course Malenia's Waterfowl is the ultimate of retardation. Just like Alecto, yeah if you want to be autistic it's TECHNICALLY not a 1-shot since its not 1 hit, but after the first hit you can't avoid the second.

As above, two is not the same as one. Also as I said earlier, there exist wombo combos, and not being able to avoid a second hit after the first hits is a true combo by definition. But do note a few things here, first being that, you could avoid the first hit and therefore survive the second whether or not you get hit by it. The second point is that the various phases of waterfowl dance have pauses between them wherein you can do a thing or two of your choice in order to not die like a fool. Don't get me wrong though, this is probably the hardest attack in the game to avoid all of it. But you can avoid enough of it to not die immediately and at least prolong the fight and start to learn the mechanics whether or not you win.

Even if you didn't technically get '1 shot' by some attacks, losing 3/4 or more of your HP to a single attack that then takes 2 flasks to regen is STUPID.

I disagree, especially when you can run into a boss fight with 14 flasks. I mean... holy shit, man. You think you should be able to sit in heavily damaging attacks upwards of 7 times and still win? Do you understand that it's okay to die in a video game sometimes and the risk of failure is part of what makes it fun? Do you understand that if you fail to succeed in optional content, at least at first, that your mother would still love you? (That both she and Jesus hate you is completely unrelated and more about your personality. Have you tried talking to yourself? Holy shit.)

Bosses should hit hard, sure, but if I have a heavy Vigor build with just about the heaviest armor in the game why am I losing 3/4 of my HP to a single attack. If I hadn't pumped endurance to wear heavy armor, then I WOULD have been 1 shot by a lot more attacks.

Mostly as above, but I feel like I should point out two things that I suspect most other people have intuitively understood. But here you go, free hardcore gaming pro tips!

1) Because the attack hit hard. You have chosen to build to try and tank through things by stacking vigor and heavy armour. Congratulations! It succeeded! However, by eating the attack, you now have to commit part of your healing resources.
2) Even with a tanky build, you can still move. Moving can help you avoid attacks, especially hard hitting ones. Avoiding attacks means that you do not have to use up your healing resources on the damage that the attack has caused.
3) Choosing a lighter build can open up some other equipment and stat options such as damage talismans, damage stats, etc. that can help you kill things more quickly and may make you less inclined to stand in something that you can move out of.
4) Please note that you literally just said that in this RPG, if I didn't choose to build for HP and armour, more things would have killed me. This is RPG Codex, we already know how RPGs work. I mean, ok. Sir, if you upgrade your weapon from +1 to +2 it does more damage than if you did not upgrade your weapon from +1 to +2. Feel free to PM me for more content like this.

The problem is that a lot of the endgame and bonus bosses are just poor design. They set the endurance carry weight SO high that at even moderate endurance with the Great Jar, you can wear the extreme heavy armor like Radahn or Veteran's and still light roll, so they had to crank the damage up to basically punish anybody that DIDN'T pump vigor/endurance.

Actually, I don't think that's why at all. I think it's because you're expected to level MUCH higher than in Souls games and can easily start pushing level 200 by the end of the game if you're so inclined. I mean, just exploring Elphael can net you around 300k runes per run. Well, it can if you're not constantly dying like you apparently were. :smug:

For the most part they were simply unable to make legitimately challenging and dangerous lategame bosses and patterns so they resorted to making them bricks of HP that helicopter with stupid gimmicky massive damage moves.

I honestly didn't find HP bloat to be much of an issue throughout the game and between the statuses, damage types, and various mechanics of the game, you can melt pretty much anything. Well, you can if you're not using shit like Erdtree's Favour in your talisman slots. That thing is garbage and a trap option. Look at your stats equipping it and unequipping it. You'd be better off with basically anything else. If you're using the great jar and that to boost your carry limit... change your armour out for something lighter. That's another free gamer pro-tip. Holy hell. Did you pay any attention to any of the mechanics of the game while you played?

Take out Waterfowl and Malenia is honestly a joke of a boss.

Crazy. If you take away her sword too and she sits down and Malenia becomes a loot pinata. Since that's apparently what you want, have you considered trying a different game? The suggestions here seem like they might be more your speed.

Look, I'm only insulting you because I think it's funny and you suck at video games I care. I stand by my assertion that you have time to react to most or even all things in the game on NG (NG-plus may fire this out the window due to increased damage) in order to learn the mechanics. I also stand by my assertion that if you're paying attention to the game's mechanics, you can improve both your playstyle and react to what the game is telling you. Personally, if I start getting destroyed by something due to my lack of skill or even just being under leveled, I start boosting my deficiency mechanically to compensate. This may mean that I increase my vigor to avoid one shots (I found 40 to be sufficient, it sounds like you may be happier at 99), it may mean that I increase endurance so I don't run out of stamina when swinging my weapon once, it may mean I look to increase my damage whether through attacking obvious vulnerabilities or improving stats, and finally, if all else fails, the game has provided the ash mechanics that you're free to use or not use. If you don't want to use them, it's fine, but the game has provided a variety of options that you can use to tailor the difficulty for your own skill level and preferences in order to have an enjoyable experience.

Other than that, I think some people are getting bent out of shape because they come more for story telling, to look at pretty landscapes, and so on. I like all of that, but I also miss the era of gaming where you actually had to build up some player skill in order to succeed and games were challenging but able to be overcome fairly using only the mechanics in game. The From games have consistently delivered in this regard. Even Sekiro, which I hated because I was terrible at it and hate QTE style gameplay, has many people who love it for exactly this reason. The flip side of "git gud" is that it's okay to be shitty at something and even admit it and then trying to get better or say that this isn't my cup of tea. But whining and saying "gaem is broke!!11!" isn't very helpful or interesting, especially when so much of what a person says is either false or misleading.

One thing that I've really appreciated by starting so many characters is that I improved a lot as I learned the idiosyncracies of Elden Ring which make it different than Dark Souls. Things that I thought were borderline bullshit in the early game are things that I can crush now without thinking about it. And that's as it should be. I think that because Elden Ring is so similar to Dark Souls in many ways that there are things that are substantial differences that haven't fully been appreciated by some players and this frustrates them, much like how playing Sekiro like Dark Souls gets you killed in a hurry and you need to unlearn what you learned to progress.

The other thing that I suspect is that I spend A LOT more time unlocked and/or sprinting than many people. It's something I started doing when Midir kept kicking the shit out of me in DS3. It helps.

tl;dr Mostly just made fun of Olinser for awhile and offered some feedback. Elden Ring is a great game.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
if you're already such a pro-gamer that you're doing chains instead of the critical hit.
?????? what's with the snark. Enemies in stagger don't exactly counter you back, why is it a "pro gamer" move to do attack chains instead of criticals? anyone with a brain notices critical sucks unless they take out a +25 misericorde or something, particularly if they have a build with frost or bleed ( or both ), or a STR bonker with knight resolve. Although, some enemies allow both chains and criticals if you time it right, it's something that should be abused on bosses like the Elden Beast who take more time to wake up even when you continue to whail on them.

'nyhow, I'm at ng+4, I've run various builds, I can definitely tell how much smoother the game feels when you're wholly optimized in your damage and it gets even more significant when enemies get tankier. I'll take every added bit of damage, thank you very much.
There was no snark. My main argument is that this talisman isn't going to wow anybody except a tiny subset of the player base. How many people are going to even do a ng+ run? How many of these people are going to play fast weapons in power stance? If you were using the regular version of this before, it's only an 8% increase under optimal conditions.

Speaking of optimal conditions. I think combo instead of crit is a pro-gamer move, because crits are much safer, easier, satisfying to perform and give you more time to recover stamina. Again, not everyone is playing fast weapons in power stance.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Speaking of optimal conditions. I think combo instead of crit is a pro-gamer move, because crits are much safer, easier, satisfying to perform and give you more time to recover stamina. Again, not everyone is playing fast weapons in power stance.

And making a choice between the two is higher tier. Sometimes you might want to push damage by whaling on a weak point or trying to inflict status, other times the critical might be better for damage due to stamina consumption and still other times (especially if fighting more than one enemy), the critical is better because it gives you an immunity window which is important if your back is going to be attacked and you really don't have the uptime to melee combo the staggered enemy.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Personally I was using criticals mostly just so I can FINALLY drink my flask in peace, while the boss is still getting up and can't respond to my input. Or back in my Moonveil days: my mana flask.

Olinser

Savant

I wasn't sure whether to rate you fake news, retadred, butthurt, shit, or cuck. Please accept my humble button with my compliments and be aware that I fully think of you with all of those. Before I continue responding to you, please give my regards to your family as caring for someone who so obviously suffers from cerebral palsy and severe retardation cannot be easy.

TLDR - I'm a From fanboi who sucks their dick and can't respond to actual criticism of the game.

Typical From fanboi crap - act like pointing out the poor design is because LUL YOU THINK TOO HARD. No, it's not 'hard' at all. I've already beaten the game and didn't spend more than a handful of deaths on any particular boss.

And shit, you had to be level 200 to beat the game on normal? And you're talking trash? LUL.

You're nothing special, chum, and in fact sounds like you're trying to front because you're so bad at the game, so you have to frantically pretend that you're somehow good. I've already beaten all the bosses on NG. It doesn't mean most of the endgame bosses aren't poorly programmed shit that rely on HP chunking meme moves instead of actual good design. Most of them have laughable exploits or summons which makes them a joke at any level. The issue with them is that if you do the fights the way From clearly INTENDED, then they're horribly balanced trash. Summon 2x sunbros that have higher than room temperature IQ and the bosses are laughable because From was incapable of programming good fights despite the fact that they put summong in the game.

You LITERALLY ADMITTED exactly what I said - that the Mohg curse is an idiotic gimmick that kills you ONCE, THAT YOU DIED TO, and then you healspam through it. But then you act like you have some divine revelation of gaming in doing EXACTLY what I said the fight was - a stupid gimmick move for a cheap kill and a joke of a boss the minute you understand the gimmick. I didn't even die and 1 shot him because my brother had actually told me about it and how stupid it was. Just because I 1 shot him doesn't mean he isn't shit design.

The endgame is a poorly balanced mess BECAUSE they give you way too much healing and try to counter it by taking massive chunks of your HP and potentially just 100%ing you. That's horrible game design. The answer was either significantly limit the amount of flasks you can take in a fight to actually make challenging bosses, significantly reduce the healing from flasks if you chain chug them within a short period, or give them actual good and aggressive AI that prevents the player from healing. Instead they went with giant HP chunking moron moves and helicopter bullshit, and then the bosses nicely sit around with their dicks in their hands and let you heal up and take a hit out of their HP before they bother going for you again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom