Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grim Grimoire [PS2]

Delterius

Arcane
Has anyone played this? Is it any good? I am somewhat intrigued by the concept of a console RTS.

Niektory

one of some
Patron
It's pretty average. I wouldn't really recommend it unless you're a Vanillaware fan.
Plays like your standard RTS (harvest shit -> build shit -> attack/defend shit) with some minor quirks. It's interesting that it's set inside a building and the view is from the side instead of top-down, but in the end it doesn't change gameplay all that much. There is decent unit variety with strenghts and weaknesses, but noting breathtaking.
It's RTwP, so the interface isn't too annoying. But it can get slow at times, as some units take a long time to cross the map.
The graphics are great (Vanillaware always delivers) but the maps lack variety. The story is quite good if you don't mind the heavy Harry Potter vibe.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm hoping that the leap in quality will be as drastic as it was for Odin Sphere. Going from the original PS2 game to Leifthrasir was quite the shock, in a very good way.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
The only vanillaware game i haven't played, can't decide if i should play it on my ps2 or wait for the remastered version, they have been censoring things in remastereds lately so i will wait to see if they changed anything. It's not like i'm out of games to play anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom