Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tank Squad - control tank crew in WW2 tactical simulation

Looks possibly interesting, but maybe also too ambitious? Looks nice though...

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
AKedOLQqc_5wMspVMQ3Xs5HAoKWGtkTUcISWRcVgrbSL=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No interiors?
I don't know:

Originally posted by Bogasqwerty:
Originally posted by DeGeneralsTrebor:
Well the Uboat is about showing the interior of the submarine and giving out orders for each marine to work, here this will be more direct and more combat focused experience, rather than management simBut will there be a way to play in first person, directing your tank from the view of hatch, or the cupola?Yes, either from first perspective or from third perspective, from the outside. We are now deciding if we want to go full arcade like style, with one player directly controlling the tank, that is movement, aiming, firing or that the player is just one of the crews, and can only do his job and give out commands to other crewman

This would imply no interior, but this would imply the opposite:

[DeGenerals]Trebor [developer] 22 May, 2021 @ 7:41pm

The game will be based on historical battles and we will create/set a campaign for sides involved in that battle. Our initial choice for the prototype is the Kursk Salient battle, so we will add the tanks from the period for both sides.

Right now we are working on T-34/76 with better interior than it was in TMS, take a look into our Development Statuses ;)

don't know who playway is, but I agree the game looks like one that might never actually be complete, at least not with all the features it seems to be touting-- full campaign, full graphical hands on tank repair, upgrade etc, looks very ambitious..but would cool if it happened..

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is their first game:

So they got the tank repairing already. I have been following this game for a while, reading their dev logs etc. Personally I think they will hit all their features, and that the game will be pretty good. It already look good to me, going by their videos.

They seem to be serious over making a real game at least.

This is their first game:

So they got the tank repairing already. I have been following this game for a while, reading their dev logs etc. Personally I think they will hit all their features, and that the game will be pretty good. It already look good to me, going by their videos.

They seem to be serious over making a real game at least.

oh cool, that gives me more hope, especially since they won't be building a lot of these ambitious sounding game mechanics like visual repair from scratch but from systems they have already developed and have a lot of knowledge about..

motherfucker

Educated
So it's basically single player WoT, I legit expected the guy to yell "Есть пробитие!" at some point

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Read this on Steam:

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately we dont have time for that nor we will have the budget to keep developing the game for 2 more years without releasing what we have.
I’ve worked 3 days now on tree issue and managed to unblock it today, tomorrow we will upload build with trees being breakable.
I will just paste here an answer from another topic why are we here:
——-
And we will polish and enhance what we are doing. After the project was being developed for 2 years we started seeing that the project is actually in place, it is not progressing. I’ve made then the decision to start working on this project full time and leave Tank Mechanic Sim for overhours, just to finish DLC2 for TMS. SInce then few other very experienced team members had also joined this project and we’re now here, year later.
This is indeed tech demo, showcasing our approach to tank controls, battle gameplay and repair section gameplay. It is unpolish and not finished at all and even in half year or full year this wont be called 1.0 version.
We’ve fallen into financial problems and had to just let people find other jobs as we were and still are on a minus budget. At some point the project was developed by 20 people, now it is done by 6. This will also change due to budget limits and finally, up to the release there will be 4 people, including me.
I would like to wait with the demo and full release when the game is almost finished but we cannot do it. We wanted to check if the game is something anyone wants to play and thats exactly what we’re getting now – criticism, positive and negative feedback.
The game must be released at some point next year just to get the funds and let us bring back few old developers, especially programmers and artists to just allow faster expansion and other gameplay features and content. Now this is impossible and this is the state of the build.
I am very sorry to disappoint you for failed impression, I would like things to be different.
——-
Here we are, and your feedback is second that is advising to postpone the development while we just can’t. This really builds up the optimism in me

Not looking great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom