Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Battle Brothers meming in Mount & Blade:

Last edited:

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

unknown.png

glad to know i was not the only one doing stupid shit like that when playing with her XD

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
If that guy needs drugs to make good plots, I pity him.
His post says nothing about needing anything.

Did he need the drugs? No. Did he want the drugs? Yes. He wanted the drugs, had the drugs. His overall life is happier. Thus, he writes better.

Do you understand anything in life?

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Another drug addict thinking drugs lead to a happier life.
You are that simple then.

Drugs are a part of life, Bubba. Whether it's caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, THC or LSD, or the ibuprofen you need to get back to work, there's drugs.

I am not addicted to any of them. I have used all of them. It's almost like being a grown being comes with the ability to make choices.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
It's almost like being a grown being comes with the ability to make choices
So not taking drugs is not a choice, but taking drugs and not being addicted to them is "making a choice"? OK then.
Yes. Not taking drugs is a choice. It limits perspective, and limits experience, but it is a choice and I respect it.

You don't respect mine, theirs, or anyone else's on the subject. Nice try flipping it.

Yes. Not taking drugs is a choice. It limits perspective, and limits experience, but it is a choice and I respect it.

You don't respect mine, theirs, or anyone else's on the subject. Nice try flipping it.
Every choice you make limits your perspective, regardless of what that choice is. By spending time doing one thing you can no longer do other things with that time that you already spent. This is called opportunity cost. Because there is no escaping your death, there is also no escaping the opportunity cost of your actions in the present.

You may not be aware of this, but psychedelics inspire a stereotypical style of idea association that is easy to pick out in art if you know what you're looking for. The same is true of each class of recreational drug, including alcohol, cannabinoids, dissociatives, opioids, and psychostimulants. Worse, users often mistake the stereotypical insights they gain from the use of drugs like LSD with original thoughts because they are high. LSD was invented by Albert Hoffmann in 1938 and has been in common use since around 1950. Psychedelics had been in use for more than a decade before they proliferated among the working class in the 1960s. These are roads well traveled by the thronging masses.

If you really wanted more than just satisfying your hedonistic desires, you would need to move on to newly invented drugs that function in different ways from those that are commonly used. That means risking your life and mental wellbeing taking new drugs even though there is no guarantee that those drugs will will be safe or make you feel good in the moment.

Warning: Do not take this as advocacy of drug use. Pushing the frontiers of thought and knowledge is something you must do at your own risk, and I take no responsibility for you being a ignorant retard who doesn't spend the time to properly research what you're doing before jumping headfirst into an early grave.

EDIT, TL;DR: Get the fuck out with that poseur "expanding your avenues of experience" line. That logic went obsolete in 1970.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom