Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shargad: First Blood - Mesopotamian Mythology Turn Based RPG With Side-Scroller Quest Scene

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

ss-07ff9b5edcf5ceaa37480a45fa963a54698160a3.jpg

ss-53d1e75bd733675d276d8578ee828d8cf88e6f09.jpg

ABOUT THIS GAME
gate-night-2_ufak.gif

STORY1.png

"Find Khalid, the Healer of Nekkisari. He will tell you the truth, the truth about you!"

These were the last words spilled out of his father's mouth. Abbas had an urge to follow the old man's request and decided to leave his village to find the Healer. What he could not realize though, was that the blood he bore is indeed a legacy, sourcing from the ancient corners of the history of Shargad.

STORY2.png

• Story driven 2D Turn Based RPG.
  • Sidescroller quest scenes where you can find loot and encounter various enemies.
  • 3 Cities/Towns where you can meet companions, interact with NPCs, buy and sell items.
  • Daily Professions where you can get bonus rewards by playing mini games.

tablet.PNG

STORY3.png

• 20+ unique classes to play as, including 3 classes - Skirmisher, Warden, Herbalist - of main hero Abbas in the party of max 4.
  • Bunch of unique skills for each class and perks to modify the skills for customization. Synergetic party compositions.
  • Permadeath for companions. Mortal Blood mode where permadeath is applicable even for Abbas.
  • Permanent (Racial, Cultural, Class) and Temporary (Mental, Physical, Sicknesses) Traits to effect attributes and playstyles of heroes.
  • More than 50 enemies to face with, each with unique skills and traits.
    Bosses: Deadly but not unbeatable.
    Animals: Hunt in the wilderness to gain loot and exp.
    Undead: Well, undead!
  • 40+ character states (bleeding, callous, feebleminded etc.) which are all unique on their own.
  • Various dmg types: Physical, Magical, Pure.
    6 Magical dmg types (fire, earth, water, air, dark, light) which can be mitigated by resistances but can not be dodged unlike Physical dmg.
  • Fame system which changes the behavior of NPCs and companions towards Abbas.

STORY4.png

• Set in the fantasy world of Shargad, a home to various races, cultures, cities, heroes, magic disciplines and more.
  • Inspired by Mesopotamian Mythology for the gods pantheon, various mythologies and cultures which is the basis of this organic fantasy world.
  • Strong narrative connections to Shargad Saga Book 1: The Thunderbringer, written by Semih Erdogan and first published in 2017 of which you can find the first 5 episodes in a pdf given as a free dlc along with the game.

Abbas-Loading-Screen___workingon22.gif

Not the prettiest RPG around but a non-European medieval fantasy RPG is refressing nonetheless

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandsch

Novice
Screenshot-2022-04-03-224842.png

The MC walking animation is pretty funny. The guy looks like he is about to trip over his own foot.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I want to like this game, since the world needs more Bronze Age games, but this screams hi-res Flash game, down to the animation and the battle system. The fact that he's included a sewer in the beginning of development doesn't make me eager for it either.

vazha

Arcane
Is this is in any way related to Tales of Illyria mobile game?

d1nolore

Savant
Almost looks good, but just don’t think I can handle that side scroll part

Sandsch

Novice
Is this is in any way related to Tales of Illyria mobile game?
I does not seem so. Made by different studios, based in different countries. Looks like it's the studios first project, based on some obscure Turkish fantasy novels.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If the thread title didn't mention Mesopotamian mythology, I wouldn't have guessed it from the screenshots... and I studied ancient Near Eastern archaeology :M

The artstyle doesn't reflect the theme at all.

Erebus

Arcane
At first, I read the name of this Mesopotamian RPG as "Shamhat".

My disappointment, when I realized that I was mistaken, was immense.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Here is a compilation of some systems/aspects from the game.

While most parts are created in the game engine some parts (like the map) are built in photoshop and vid created in After Effects.

Hoping that this video;
- Shed a light upon the game features and genre
- Gives a glimpse of lore, tone, ambiance of the game
- Let you have a general idea whether the game is for you

Feel free to give feedback. As we draw close to demo release it would be good to have some ideas how to fix/improve certain aspects in advance.

Further polishes will surely be made and we will release the demo only after we got a decent playable version of the game ready.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I talked about Fame, End Day/Night and Calendar systems.
Will try to take my time and give info about other features of the game too before releasing a demo.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

A gameplay mixed footage compiled for #Pitchyagame eventStill lots of parts are undone and needs polish. But we are getting there...
We plan to release a demo by Q1 2023Follow Shargad Game Studios on twitter for daily updates

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

We made some progress in the combat but there are still a lot of flaws.
* Dmg numbers, dodge, crit etc values to be added visually
* Skill cards to be polished
* Some skill poses are missing (Abbas hit pose is larger than intended)
* Clicking certain hexes is an issue sometimes

Please check and comment if you see any flaws and feel free to share your feedback!

Contagium

Savant
Patron

We made some progress in the combat but there are still a lot of flaws.
* Dmg numbers, dodge, crit etc values to be added visually
* Skill cards to be polished
* Some skill poses are missing (Abbas hit pose is larger than intended)
* Clicking certain hexes is an issue sometimes

Please check and comment if you see any flaws and feel free to share your feedback!

Forgot about this one! It's alive!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

You can check out and comment the opening cutscene of the game. This is basically prologue and start of the story of Abbas - main hero of the game.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I'm a sucker for Sumerology but this looks like a mobile game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom