Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FTL: Faster Than Light - Advanced Edition

tindrli

Arcane
i liked Multiverse

agris

Arcane
Patron
Anybody played the mod Insurrection+? It looks like a vastly smaller scope than MV/CE, while keeping that vanilla feel and expanding things. The thread there is pretty barren, but it's the continuation of an old mod called "sm Polish" I think.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1667888779706.png

Managed to beat the game on normal for the first time. After almost exclusively using the Engi A and Kestrel A, this run was so ridiculously easy. It helped that I ran into a Burst Laser III and later on a Weapon Preigniter, but still. Having a ton of fun with the game, and even though I had played it previously before redownloading, it really caught my attention this time around. I can't wait to experiment with some other ships. 10/10 game. Does anyone know any mods that don't drastically change the game like CE and Multiverse do? Just add more encounters and options, as well as maybe a few interesting challenges?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I actually don't, but once you've unlocked most things and are comfortable on Hard and bored, definitely try CE.

Multiverse is made by degenerate furries, but is even more content than CE, most of it good (and some very questionable) with the caveat that MV is easier than vanilla FTL, CE much harder.

The mods that only add smaller changes are mostly weapons packs but at that point you might as well go for the big ones.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
I actually don't, but once you've unlocked most things and are comfortable on Hard and bored, definitely try CE.

Multiverse is made by degenerate furries, but is even more content than CE, most of it good (and some very questionable) with the caveat that MV is easier than vanilla FTL, CE much harder.

The mods that only add smaller changes are mostly weapons packs but at that point you might as well go for the big ones.
This is another option, although no one here appears to have played it.

Gostak

Educated
Multiverse seems to be good. My first run is at the final sector and nearing Flagship contact
(I feel I may not make it).
If you got bored with vanilla and CE it rejuvenates FTL.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally achieved a win on every single races ship type sans the secret one which I still haven't been able to unlock yet. I think I want to push for a win on every single ship before trying to do some runs on Hard. Amazing game and it's a shame there aren't better mods than CE and Multiverse out in the community so I can continue to enjoy it.
1689977433030.png

ind33d

Educated
after playing a little mechanicus, i think the only problem with FTL is the sound design. star wars nails sci-fi sound effects too, but FTL sounds like a tamagotchi

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom