Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Gargaune

Magister
Again, what's the problem?
Ok, let's talk real for a second. I don't begrudge people some fabulous optimism here and there, even if it's unsubstantiated, life blows and you wanna have stuff to get excited about. I think you're setting yourself up for a bit of heartbreak in the (very) long run, but as long as you haven't dropped more than a hundred bucks into this thing, you'll be fine, it's called "disposable income" for a reason.

That said, you need to stop acting like what's been going on with this game's development has been all legit. "Legal" and "legitimate" mean different things, and while I'm sure CIG have crossed every T, dotted every I, and that everything they're doing is in perfect legal order, there's no arguing that this "venture" is riding its backers like it's cowgirl auditions at the Hustler HQ. This isn't scope creep, it's a change of paradigm from advance sales of a predefined, concrete videogame product to a pseudo-service structure, where the project continually expands as long as the company can keep the customer base engaged and paying in. These are different business models.

Think I'm off the mark? I'm not a CIG customer and I only read up about Star Citizen occasionally, for a laugh, so I'm looking at this from the outside and I see... Space cafes? Space elevator panels? Space realestate? Space fuel markets? Space cocktail mixing? Does this shit track, was any of it even dreamed of in the original pitch? Nevermind the quantum server technomagic that will allegedly make everything work, just take a step back and look at the features - does it not seem to you like dazzling, but ultimately peripheral new gimmicks keep popping out of the woodwork as long as the yearly revenue's solid? And all that while they're offering a wide range of spaceship pre-sales that just so happen to fit every pocket.

So are you sure I'm wrong, or is it possible you might just be the proverbial frog in the boiling pot? Mark my words, if the backers keep buying spaceship .JPGs, you'll end up with space taxes and space accountants. As for those poor suckers who dug deep into their pockets for this, I ain't laughing. Hell, I've got nothing riding on this and I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but if you're wrong, there's gonna be some real unhappy customers down the line.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Oh the invalid comparison with a released game. Here's the reason why your SWTOR example fails... it was released and is still in current development complete with expansion packs. Scam Citizen hasn't been released yet. Therefore your argument falls apart. Try finding a game that hasn't been released and is still in alpha for your comparison to make it valid.
Escape from Tarkov began development in 2012 and is still not "released". It doesn't really matter though, because for all intents and purposes it is released - you can buy it and play it now. There are a lot of games that follow this active development model these days. There are plenty of problems with Star Citizen and CIG but obsessing over "It's not even released!" is a boomer complaint.

Just looking at Escape from Tarkov it's in beta now which began in July 27, 2017. Try again with another game as it was in alpha development for 5 years. Remember, my original statement was to find a game that had been in development for 11 years and never released into beta. You failed in that demand.

As for the obsessing statement, that's a strawman since the point is that the game has taken almost a half a billion dollars and still hasn't released into beta. So you are exercising Zoomer copium for being rammed in the ass by Scam Citizen and defending Roberts' honor.
This is an entirely semantic point. SC is not an "Alpha" in the software production sense of that term. It's a customer-facing product that is receiving support and bugfixes. CIG could call it "Beta 1.0" tomorrow, but that wouldn't change anything about the situation.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Oh the invalid comparison with a released game. Here's the reason why your SWTOR example fails... it was released and is still in current development complete with expansion packs. Scam Citizen hasn't been released yet. Therefore your argument falls apart. Try finding a game that hasn't been released and is still in alpha for your comparison to make it valid.
Escape from Tarkov began development in 2012 and is still not "released". It doesn't really matter though, because for all intents and purposes it is released - you can buy it and play it now. There are a lot of games that follow this active development model these days. There are plenty of problems with Star Citizen and CIG but obsessing over "It's not even released!" is a boomer complaint.

Just looking at Escape from Tarkov it's in beta now which began in July 27, 2017. Try again with another game as it was in alpha development for 5 years. Remember, my original statement was to find a game that had been in development for 11 years and never released into beta. You failed in that demand.

As for the obsessing statement, that's a strawman since the point is that the game has taken almost a half a billion dollars and still hasn't released into beta. So you are exercising Zoomer copium for being rammed in the ass by Scam Citizen and defending Roberts' honor.
This is an entirely semantic point. SC is not an "Alpha" in the software production sense of that term. It's a customer-facing product that is receiving support and bugfixes. CIG could call it "Beta 1.0" tomorrow, but that wouldn't change anything about the situation.

So you failed again and fall back to the old semantics argument. Get the fuck out of my face with your bullshit as you know that the various stages of development mean something you walking advertisement for castration.

Myobi

Liturgist
SC is not an "Alpha" in the software production sense of that term.

That is correct, Star Citizen is actually in a Pre-Alpha state in the software production sense, as Alpha would imply that it contains all the major features already.

It's also true that regardless what CiG would call it, it wouldn't change anything about the situation.

Shit, we are finally finding some fucking common ground here!

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

That is correct, Star Citizen is actually in a Pre-Alpha state in the software production sense, as Alpha would imply that it contains all the major features already.

It's also true that regardless what CiG would call it, it wouldn't change anything about the situation.

Castration Advertisement left out that game development states are milestones to show how it is progressing. I was being generous with the Alpha state. A company can declare that a game is in beta state when it is still in pre-alpha and they would be hit with bad press stating the game is still in x state. By using semantics as an avoidance for the game's state is showing that the person is excusing the lack of accountability on the part of the company. Some people just loved to be taken advantage of and used then defend it with their dying breath.

AN4RCHID

Arcane

Castration Advertisement left out that game development states are milestones to show how it is progressing. I was being generous with the Alpha state. A company can declare that a game is in beta state when it is still in pre-alpha and they would be hit with bad press stating the game is still in x state. By using semantics as an avoidance for the game's state is showing that the person is excusing the lack of accountability on the part of the company. Some people just loved to be taken advantage of and used then defend it with their dying breath.
An alpha state also means it is not customer-facing and not receiving bug fixes or polish. The alpha/beta designations are for traditional software development where the product is developed behind closed doors and then released when finished. A better analog with SC/CIG would be that each of their major patches goes through an alpha stage where features are added in but it is not meant to be in a playable state, then a beta stage with internal and limited external testing and bugfixing ("PTU"), and is finally released to the public.

If you can't see why "active development"/early access products don't fit into the same milestone structure as traditional software development, I don't know what to tell you.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

An alpha state also means it is not customer-facing and not receiving bug fixes or polish. The alpha/beta designations are for traditional software development where the product is developed behind closed doors and then released when finished. A better analog with SC/CIG would be that each of their major patches goes through an alpha stage where features are added in but it is not meant to be in a playable state, then a beta stage with internal and limited external testing and bugfixing ("PTU"), and is finally released to the public.

If you can't see why "active development"/early access products don't fit into the same milestone structure as traditional software development, I don't know what to tell you.

An alpha state has bug fixes and continues to fix the major problems with the game/software. This is done to progress to the closed beta stage where the mechanics are shored up and most of the major problems fixed. It is customer facing since the customer in normal development is the publisher. If the publisher isn't happy then the game gets its funding pulled. In Scam Citizen's case the publisher are the backers that are funding this vaporware. There goes those fucking retarded excuses.

Early Access products have delineated stages of development. I've backed plenty of products that started as pre-alpha then went to alpha to beta and finally release. I know how the entire process works since I've been involved in numerous closed betas and early alphas of various games that were early access and traditional development paradigm.

You're not too smart are you? I ask because you give the standard cult response in effort to deflect away from the cult and its accountability.

ADL

Prophet
Why would anyone compare Star Citizen to EVE Online, a privately funded game that released 19 years ago? Just because it's a space game doesn't mean it's comparable. There's no space legs. There's no immersive sim elements. Elements of what Star Citizen is doing has been promised to be added into the EVE universe as separate games (Dust514 and Project Nova) that have been launched, failed, rebooted and cancelled multiple times. There's tons of hype behind those and it's never panned out for CCP. It's better to use recent MMO development timelines as examples because at least those are recent.

By all means though, let's compare Elite Dangerous to Star Citizen. Elite Dangerous released as a minimum viable product focusing entirely on space at launch and promised all the cool Star Citizen-y stuff later. Atmospheric flight and space legs being the two big ones. Those were sold as expansions that failed miserably and by nature of the business of selling expansions, they quickly moved onto other things after putting them out. Odyssey in particular killed ongoing support of the game as a whole for two of three platforms it was intended to release on. Not to mention it killed ongoing VR support and halved everyone's performance in the process. Horizons was a disappointment and Odyssey was even worse currently sitting at a 34% on Steam. You want to talk copium, go take a look at everyone in the Elite Dangerous community that swore those expansions, Odyssey in particular would redeem the game from being boring procgen shit.

All this talk about "pre-alpha" as some sort of insult and "releasing" as if releasing unfinished shitty games is some sort of virtue. It isn't. Don't think it's controversial to say that Star Citizen's pre-alpha is superior to Elite Dangerous 7 years post-launch and has been for quite some time. If anything Elite Dangerous' existence vindicates Chris Roberts' approach of not "just releasing the space module and patching everything else in later".

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Why would anyone compare Star Citizen to EVE Online, a privately funded game that released 19 years ago? Just because it's a space game doesn't mean it's comparable. It's better to use recent MMO development timelines as examples because at least those are recent. By all means though, let's compare Elite Dangerous to Star Citizen. Elite Dangerous released as a minimum viable product focusing entirely on space at launch and promised all the cool Star Citizen-y stuff later. Atmospheric flight and space legs being the two big ones. Those were sold as expansions that failed miserably and by nature of the business of selling expansions, they quickly moved onto other things after putting them out. Odyssey in particular killed ongoing support of the game as a whole for two of three platforms it was intended to release on. Not to mention it killed ongoing VR support and halved everyone's performance in the process. Horizons was a disappointment and Odyssey was even worse currently sitting at a 34% on Steam. You want to talk copium, go take a look at everyone in the Elite Dangerous community that swore those expansions, Odyssey in particular would redeem the game from being boring procgen shit.

All this talk about "pre-alpha" as some sort of insult and "releasing" as if releasing unfinished shitty games is some sort of virtue. It isn't. Don't think it's controversial to say that Star Citizen's pre-alpha is superior to Elite Dangerous 7 years post-launch and has been for quite some time. If anything Elite Dangerous' existence vindicates Chris Roberts' approach of not "just releasing the space module and patching everything else in later".

It's hilarious that you pulled the "Why would anyone compare x" argument when you literally did that in your post as a reply to me. You used SWTOR which is not anywhere in the same category as Scam Citizen. Either you abide by your own rules or you stop doing it yourself. Like the good cultist you are you can't even argue honestly.

I love the copium in saying that Elite Dangerous is a failure. It's not as it is doing rather well. It is a released game getting steady updates. Scam Citizen is selling jpgs for ships while Elite Dangerous is shipping actual products. Tell me again why one should be a paying pre-alpha tester when I can be a customer of a released game that isn't vaporware?

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Again, what's the problem?
Ok, let's talk real for a second. I don't begrudge people some fabulous optimism here and there, even if it's unsubstantiated, life blows and you wanna have stuff to get excited about. I think you're setting yourself up for a bit of heartbreak in the (very) long run, but as long as you haven't dropped more than a hundred bucks into this thing, you'll be fine, it's called "disposable income" for a reason.

That said, you need to stop acting like what's been going on with this game's development has been all legit. "Legal" and "legitimate" mean different things, and while I'm sure CIG have crossed every T, dotted every I, and that everything they're doing is in perfect legal order, there's no arguing that this "venture" is riding its backers like it's cowgirl auditions at the Hustler HQ. This isn't scope creep, it's a change of paradigm from advance sales of a predefined, concrete videogame product to a pseudo-service structure, where the project continually expands as long as the company can keep the customer base engaged and paying in. These are different business models.

Think I'm off the mark? I'm not a CIG customer and I only read up about Star Citizen occasionally, for a laugh, so I'm looking at this from the outside and I see... Space cafes? Space elevator panels? Space realestate? Space fuel markets? Space cocktail mixing? Does this shit track, was any of it even dreamed of in the original pitch? Nevermind the quantum server technomagic that will allegedly make everything work, just take a step back and look at the features - does it not seem to you like dazzling, but ultimately peripheral new gimmicks keep popping out of the woodwork as long as the yearly revenue's solid? And all that while they're offering a wide range of spaceship pre-sales that just so happen to fit every pocket.

So are you sure I'm wrong, or is it possible you might just be the proverbial frog in the boiling pot? Mark my words, if the backers keep buying spaceship .JPGs, you'll end up with space taxes and space accountants. As for those poor suckers who dug deep into their pockets for this, I ain't laughing. Hell, I've got nothing riding on this and I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but if you're wrong, there's gonna be some real unhappy customers down the line.
See I generally agree with most of this. But I'm interested to see where they're going with the project, in spite of all that or even because of it. This kind of eternal feature-creep + unlimited development resources isn't something that has been seen before. I didn't back the kickstarter, so I'm not terribly concerned about them fulfilling every stretch goal. I just want to see how far they can push this thing.

I first got interested in the project because of the procedurally generated planets. This is one of the biggest examples of scope creep in the game and undoubtedly slowed down the development significantly. But it's cool tech that I had wanted to see in a game for as long as I can remember, and without it I probably wouldn't have paid a lot of attention to the game.

Myobi

Liturgist
All this talk about "pre-alpha" as some sort of insult

Just because you get insulted by it, doesn’t make it an insult, you fucking potato.

Someone should inform CiG about that then…

What does this mean for Squadron 42?

Ultimately, this is a really good thing for Squadron 42 development as well. Both Star Citizen and Squadron 42 share a codebase and as features come online for both games, they will be in a more stable/playable state, reducing potential blockers that can hinder and slow down development. You will of course notice that our target Beta date for Squadron 42 has moved back by 12 weeks in today’s Roadmap update, but this is a necessary step as a result of changing the overall development cadence, which we expect will create positive results in the overall delivery and experience of Squadron 42.

@ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/staggered-development-faq-1

My dude, look call it whatever makes you feel better, it honestly doesn’t matter.

In the end the truth is that 10 years, half a billion dollars and multiple missed release windows, we are still looking at one hell of an incomplete solar system out a hundred promised, a solar system that can barely host 50 players without imploding, forcing CiG to remove shit from the game just to prevent server from dying every couple of minutes.

… and while we are here talking about coffee shop systems, toilet tech and elevator panels, the technology that the entire project is riding on is nowhere to be seen, and Chris Roberts is probably enjoying another one of those Yatch vacations with his wannabe movie star waifu funded by pictures of shit that he isn’t even really sure that he will be able to add to the game.

All I can say is that when I grow up, I want to be just like Chris Roberts.

AN4RCHID

Arcane

Someone should inform CiG about that then…

What does this mean for Squadron 42?

Ultimately, this is a really good thing for Squadron 42 development as well. Both Star Citizen and Squadron 42 share a codebase and as features come online for both games, they will be in a more stable/playable state, reducing potential blockers that can hinder and slow down development. You will of course notice that our target Beta date for Squadron 42 has moved back by 12 weeks in today’s Roadmap update, but this is a necessary step as a result of changing the overall development cadence, which we expect will create positive results in the overall delivery and experience of Squadron 42.

@ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/staggered-development-faq-1
They're talking about the single player Squadron 42 in that quote, which is going through more or less normal closed development.

Gargaune

Magister
See I generally agree with most of this. But I'm interested to see where they're going with the project, in spite of all that or even because of it. This kind of eternal feature-creep + unlimited development resources isn't something that has been seen before. I didn't back the kickstarter, so I'm not terribly concerned about them fulfilling every stretch goal. I just want to see how far they can push this thing.

I first got interested in the project because of the procedurally generated planets. This is one of the biggest examples of scope creep in the game and undoubtedly slowed down the development significantly. But it's cool tech that I had wanted to see in a game for as long as I can remember, and without it I probably wouldn't have paid a lot of attention to the game.
No issue there, but then you're not really on board with Star Citizen, the game, let alone its business plan, you're just curious about whatever disparate engineering highlights the infinite money might produce. Though I suspect you'll have to wait till they get sold off to other developers before you seem them properly leveraged in a cohesive videogame package.

Myobi

Liturgist
They're talking about the single player Squadron 42 in that quote, which is going through more or less normal closed development.

Yes, the one that shares the same lore, universe, assets and systems as Star Citizen, you are totally not testing that one, it’s a completely different ball game and totally “more or less normal” in closed development, obviously.

They also totally don’t address Star Citizen as “Star Citizen Alpha” trough out the entire fucking website, no, no, “alpha/beta designations are for traditional software development” not for Star Citizen!

Just as this "active development/early access products don't fit into the same milestone structure as traditional software development” is totally not a made-up bullshit taken from where the sun doesn’t shine just because you didn’t enjoy the way another user used the term.

… and you guys blame me for finding shit like this entertaining, you bunch of cock munchers.

wasn't that supposed to be out like 5 years ago?

2014: "It was originally announced for release in 2014 during the Kickstarter campaign"
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Citizen

2015: "Fall 2015 First Episode of Squadron 42 release"
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1GU....be&t=1h32m43s

2016: “SQ42 was announced originally in a Kickstarter campaign in 2012 together with Star Citizen. After the implementation of more Stretch goals (the last stretch goal was achieved 2014-11-10) the release was subsequently postponed. After CitizenCon in 2015, a new homepage "Answer the Call" showed the date 2016. At CitizenCon 2016 Roberts confirmed a delay of the game.”

https://i.ibb.co/zPPwHqD/2016.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/sq1VNQk/2016-2.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/LJbwdL1/2016-3.png

https://starcitizen.tools/Squadron_42
http://media.kotaku.foxtrot.future.n...lease-date.png
https://web.archive.org/web/20161214...lease-date.png

2017: "During tonight's Citizencon livestream, Cloud Imperium Games announced that Squadron 42, Star Citizen's single player campaign, will not meet its 2016 release date."
https://i.ibb.co/PWRv7Dw/2017.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/WKC3CJc/2017-2.jpg
web.archive.org/web/20161106004215/https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42
web.archive.org/web/20190103031332/https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/10/10/star-citizen-single-player-campaign-delayed-into-2017

2020: “Cloud Imperium Games, the company behind the long-awaited space sim Star Citizen, have made a big announcement. Squadron 42, the single player offshoot of Star Citizen, is going to enter the beta stages some time in mid-2020.”
https://www.gosunoob.com/star-citize...nnounced-2020/
….
"You will of course notice that our target beta date for Squadron 42 has moved back by 12 weeks in today's roadmap update"
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ths-to-q3-2020
….
“We will not be in beta this calendar year — that’s one thing I absolutely know,” Brian Chambers said in the video below. “And once we do have the dates that us internally and leadership and the team are confident that we have dates that we believe we can hit, with all the data we have together, we’ll share that to everybody as soon as we can.”
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/10/st...2-delay-again/

ADL

Prophet
I love the copium in saying that Elite Dangerous is a failure. It's not as it is doing rather well. It is a released game getting steady updates. Scam Citizen is selling jpgs for ships while Elite Dangerous is shipping actual products. Tell me again why one should be a paying pre-alpha tester when I can be a customer of a released game that isn't vaporware?
Which is exactly my point. You're using a 1.0 release as some sort of virtue regardless of quality. I'll take ship purchases in a good game versus bad products but it seems that's where we differ. Elite players were sold the idea that they'd eventually get an experience comparable to Star Citizen but it'd be in the form of post-launch content available at some point in time. It's been seven years since Elite Dangerous launched and that content came in the form of expansions and both of them were disasters that disappointed in every regard.
But hey, at least they released right? :^)

Not once have I ever told anyone to go out and buy Star Citizen. There's no reason to buy it, play a free weekend. Or don't. I don't give a shit but I know I'm not the only one saying Star Citizen's pre-alpha is better than Elite Dangerous in year 7.5 of its lifecycle. Also you're really stretching the definition of vaporware if you think Star Citizen which has been running as a live service for 6 years and has been following a quarterly release schedule for the past four and a half years should count.
vaporware - a computer-related product that has been widely advertised but has not and may never become available
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/release-view

It's hilarious that you pulled the "Why would anyone compare x" argument when you literally did that in your post as a reply to me. You used SWTOR which is not anywhere in the same category as Scam Citizen. Either you abide by your own rules or you stop doing it yourself.
I compared SWTOR's development timeline to Star Citizen because 7 year production schedules are pretty standard for larger games these days. Frankly I don't want to argue timelines because there's absolutely nothing wrong with a game being in development for ten to fifteen years. Despite all the fearmongering bullshit, they're not going bankrupt. They're scaling up the company and they're clearly funding the game faster than they can spend it on development. They've said that they're scaling up to 1000 employees over the next couple years and they expect by 2027 they'll be two years into Star Citizen's launch meaning 13 years since the Kickstarter. They gave backers access to the project a long fucking time ago and delivering updates to keep it interesting while the work continues. What's the problem?

Like the good cultist you are you can't even argue honestly.
Neither can you it seems if you're going to mislabel things as vaporware that aren't to suit your argument.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Which is exactly my point. You're using a 1.0 release as some sort of virtue regardless of quality. I'll take ship purchases in a good game versus bad products but it seems that's where we differ. Elite players were sold the idea that they'd eventually get an experience comparable to Star Citizen but it'd be in the form of post-launch content available at some point in time. It's been seven years since Elite Dangerous launched and that content came in the form of expansions and both of them were disasters that disappointed in every regard.
But hey, at least they released right? :^)

This is a strawman on top of moving the goal posts. You made the comparison first and it was an invalid one that you agreed with that assessment. Why the lies and the copium here? The argument isn't about what is the better game. It is about a finished game versus one that is vaporware. Quality has nothing to do with it. You can shove the quality argument right up your ass and fuck yourself to death with it you fucking waste of space.

Not once have I ever told anyone to go out and buy Star Citizen. There's no reason to buy it, play a free weekend. Or don't. I don't give a shit but I know I'm not the only one saying Star Citizen's pre-alpha is better than Elite Dangerous in year 7.5 of its lifecycle. Also you're really stretching the definition of vaporware if you think Star Citizen which has been running as a live service for 6 years and has been following a quarterly release schedule for the past four and a half years should count.

We don't give a flying fuck about your idiotic opinion on which game is better. That's irrelevant to the discussion at hand you retarded piece of shit. What is relevant that Scam Citizen has grossed almost a half a billion dollars and hasn't been released yet in 11 years of development. That's the only fact that matters here you motherfucking moron.

I compared SWTOR's development timeline to Star Citizen because 7 year production schedules are pretty standard for larger games these days. Frankly I don't want to argue timelines because there's absolutely nothing wrong with a game being in development for ten to fifteen years. Despite all the fearmongering bullshit, they're not going bankrupt. They're scaling up the company and they're clearly funding the game faster than they can spend it on development. They've said that they're scaling up to 1000 employees over the next couple years and they expect by 2027 they'll be two years into Star Citizen's launch meaning 13 years since the Kickstarter. They gave backers access to the project a long fucking time ago and delivering updates to keep it interesting while the work continues. What's the problem?

You can't use an invalid comparison to win an argument you poster child for abortion. You had the audacity to use an invalid comparison of a game that has been released when the challenge was for you to find a game that hadn't been released and been in development for as long as Scam Citizen. You can't say, "I'll pull this out of my ass, but you can't use the same argument against me." Fuck off with that you goddamn worthless piece of shit cultist. Argue honestly.

Neither can you it seems if you're going to mislabel things as vaporware that aren't to suit your argument.

I'm using the term vaporware correctly you waste of carbon and oxygen. It's a game supposedly in development and hasn't released yet. Are you sure you know what the fucking word means you lying sack of shit? No, you don't because you're a goddamn NPC cultist that is defending getting ass fucked by a company that has more money then most nations and selling NFT jpgs for ships that have never even started production for tens of thousands of dollars. You truly are the epitome of the Zoomer moron that is too stupid to survive on your own.

Do you have anything intelligent to say to me now you fucking worm?

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
I'm using the term vaporware correctly you waste of carbon and oxygen. It's a game supposedly in development and hasn't released yet.
No you're not.
vaporware - a computer-related product that has been widely advertised but has not and may never become available
jHyo0JA.png

"supposedly in development"? What's this then? Staggered releases and they've had all of this sitting around since 2012? What about the 700 developers working on it? Crisis actors? Ok schizo.
6Vz7itT.png

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/release-view

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I'm using the term vaporware correctly you waste of carbon and oxygen. It's a game supposedly in development and hasn't released yet.
No you're not.

"supposedly in development"? What's this then? Staggered releases and they've had all of this sitting around since 2012? What about the 700 developers working on it? Crisis actors? Ok schizo.

I am using it correctly. Just because you have access to the pre-Alpha client does not mean it's a finished and launched product you retarded piece of shit.

The rest is you coping with your terrible life decisions and attacking people that disagree with you. You are an NPC. You might want to get your software updated there. You don't have an argument and use logical fallacies to deal with the failures of your life. It must suck to be you.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I backed SC when it had 1.5M money collected. They have now multiplied the amount collected by 300 and I'm not entirely satisfied this thread is the best and most tangential thing so far I've got out of my pledge. :mixedemotions:

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Unless SC releases with all (or at least majority) of the stuff promised on the Kickstarter, I will never consider it released. And it's ridiculous that 10 years (more?) and 400M USD doesn't get me a single player space fighter game even. I bet there are FSOpen mods that are better SQ42 than the actual, non-existing, Chris Roberts SQ42.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom