Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
why do you take so long each fight.
surely you can employ weapon arts and spells a bit more liberally?

The whole point is to do the fight clean to show case the move sets and my old ass boomer roll-fu skillz. Cheesing them with spells wouldn't make it worth posting a video here.
then your video doesn't count because you used bloody slash once.

Yeah i was gonna say i made an exception there lmao.

It's too much of a pain in the ass to fight both with all that breakable shit eveywhere. I did the Crystallian trio what more do you want.

Efe

Erudite
Yea I get you want to show moves but its taking too long and I still think you can employ some more arts.
I'm not saying spam same art/spell over and over but surely you can use them during some of those openings?

+ yo ucan showcae different arts too

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Possibly i guess. Of course, the Crucible Knight is immune to a lot of shit so i'm not sure what would have helped. I think he is immune to rotten breath too, or at least i couldn't make it tick when i tried on a summon.

He IS supposed to be weak to lighting but for some reason i did more damage with that flame weapon ash as opposed to using the lighting weapon buff. Possibly my stats are still too low.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Crucible is the sort of enemy that favors weapons like moonveil and blasphemous blade over typical status setup (blood, cold). People sort of forgot about moonveil because people said "it was nerfed" but the only thing that was nerfed is the ranged stagger, it still does as much stagger if you hit the weapon art in melee, and the damage it does per hit is better than any other katana in the game, I tested this sort of stuff post nerf. 70 int moonveil is better than 70 dex uchigatana in pure damage capability. In fact for how fast the weapon art is, it still really makes heavy weapon look like crap in terms of damage potential.

Efe

Erudite
I sense a pattern here with you bringing up rot breath every time :D
try using storm stomp or square off. flame of redmanes or lightning goat. there are dozens of options.
just use anything

Gerrard

Arcane
I play kbm too but you are delusional if you think 45 degrees of direction of movement is same as 360
You're delusional if you think the shitty controller-centric movement scheme where you character turns in the direction you press the stick instead of always facing the direction of the camera is better.

Efe

Erudite
gamepad can do what kbm does. kbm cant.
Especially horse but some other control too are absolutely terrible with kbm. While I havent personally tried gamepad, see my friend play he had none of the qualms I had.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I sense a pattern here with you bringing up rot breath every time :D
try using storm stomp or square off. flame of redmanes or lightning goat. there are dozens of options.
just use anything

Yeah, but, i am teh Dragon Communion guy. See my new flame armor i got too? Lmao roal playing.

Suicidal

Arcane
You probably do want to explore the sewers, it's quite a short zone and leads to another npc, two more zones and another boss. If you count lobsters, three more bosses lol.

I must admit, I found the zones immediately after Leyndell a bit of a downer as well. Persevere, and once you get to Haligtree/ Farum Azula it picks right up again. I may be in the minority but I really liked all the Haligtree. Some challenging fights (past the first area), and an interesting but not too confusing zone to explore. Heavy mob re-use though, so be ready for that. I did think that lore wise, all the mobs fitted in and weren't just plonked down anywhere. No Watchcat statues down there thankfully.

I intend to eventually. I'm unlikely to replay the game any time soon so my goal is to at least see all unique zones and kill all unique bosses. It's just that as soon as I descended down that well, saw video game shit and cum-stained sewer level #1546 and contrasted it with the majestic beauty of Leyndell I experienced extreme whiplash and climbed back out immediately :lol:

Wunderbar

Arcane
You probably do want to explore the sewers, it's quite a short zone and leads to another npc, two more zones and another boss. If you count lobsters, three more bosses lol.

I must admit, I found the zones immediately after Leyndell a bit of a downer as well. Persevere, and once you get to Haligtree/ Farum Azula it picks right up again. I may be in the minority but I really liked all the Haligtree. Some challenging fights (past the first area), and an interesting but not too confusing zone to explore. Heavy mob re-use though, so be ready for that. I did think that lore wise, all the mobs fitted in and weren't just plonked down anywhere. No Watchcat statues down there thankfully.

I intend to eventually. I'm unlikely to replay the game any time soon so my goal is to at least see all unique zones and kill all unique bosses. It's just that as soon as I descended down that well, saw video game shit and cum-stained sewer level #1546 and contrasted it with the majestic beauty of Leyndell I experienced extreme whiplash and climbed back out immediately :lol:
Leyndell sewers is actually one of the better locations in the game. Has a very demon's-soulsy layout design where you keep finding shortcuts back to a single bonfire.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Bonus boss today:

This guy has the worse input reaction i've seen so far. Drink anything and he'll chug a fire ball at you, over and over if you keep doing it.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I play kbm too but you are delusional if you think 45 degrees of direction of movement is same as 360

Bad ports that just translate controller controls to KBM will have KBM be worse than controllers but 3d action game is better with a KBM, simply because mouse offers better direction and control when it is properly ported. This is not an issue of controller vs. KBM, it is an issue with Japanese considering PCs not for playing games and porting things over badly.

Controller is better for some types of games but 3rd person action game isn't one of those.

Efe

Erudite
are we talking about same game here?
how the fuck are you going to use mouselook when you are target locking enemies?
In fact, trying to move mouse backfires most of the time as retarded target lock system changes targets because of it.

I use kbm too. dont know why you try to pull conversation into kbm vs gamepad in general. kbm at best, is simply not better and at worst, horrible for elden ring.

Andnjord

Arcane
Been doing some testing on Radagon, to see if I can find a way to beat him with my dignity intact and without using Spirit Ashes.

1. You can get some stupidly high Holy resistance using the Haligdrake talisman combined with Lord's Divine Fortification, around 70%
  2. Similarly with physical resistance, using good armour plus the Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman and Blackflame's Protection, above 60%
  3. The Godslayer's Greatsword's weapon art wrecks his shit and does very well against the Elden Beast too. It's also got some really good hyper armour, allowing to get the art off reliably.
  4. ...profit?

Sunri

Liturgist
Been doing some testing on Radagon, to see if I can find a way to beat him with my dignity intact and without using Spirit Ashes.

1. You can get some stupidly high Holy resistance using the Haligdrake talisman combined with Lord's Divine Fortification, around 70%
  2. Similarly with physical resistance, using good armour plus the Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman and Blackflame's Protection, above 60%
  3. The Godslayer's Greatsword's weapon art wrecks his shit and does very well against the Elden Beast too. It's also got some really good hyper armour, allowing to get the art off reliably.
  4. ...profit?

Recommendation don't get git.

Andnjord

Arcane

4. ...profit?

Recommendation don't get git.
Sir, last I checked this is an action-RPG and we're in RPG Codex. We're all gentlemen past our prime without the reflexes of our bygone youth, thus I see no issues with using the tools available to the player in order to defeat an enemy :rpgcodex:
Still beats summoning a +10 mimic and watching him solo the boss for you.

Efe

Erudite
If you could reach %70, pearldrake could be worthwhile too,

wouldnt radagon just teleport away with slow art animation of godslayer?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
These offline jar knights are totally brutal, especially mage one. C'mon who's was that great idea? No spawning point nearby, and need to kill all three. I spend Easter on that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom