Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Syl

Cipher
The Grimoire wiki is now here:

http://grimoire.is-best.net

It is an html copy of the old wiki, so no wiki functionality.

Looks like that domain doesn't work anymore.

If anyone wants to upload the Grimoire wiki mirror somewhere, here are the files:

https://mega.nz/file/8Q5GABgZ#pnH52UWDrQbI9ajkctS36IhG5gwL8zbeiWkHRgozENY
Taluntain Would it be possible to host that on the Codex server?

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
A hotkey for repeating the last spell you cast at the same power level would be useful.

It would be much easier if you could recharge weapons from the player character plate, rather than click the equip button, unequip the weapon, put it in the inventory bar, open the spellbook, click recharge, click power level, click cast, click on the weapon, then equip the weapon. Worse if the weapon is cursed.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I think Cleveland Mark Blakemore mentioned that he wanted to upload the wiki on his website.

I have a new website and I am assembling it so I can put a page up for Grimoire again.

Wordpress now manages multiple sites from one admin desk, pretty cool feature and with only a couple enhancements from plugins it becomes a really good way to maintain multiple websites.

Diggfinger

Arcane
This will be the second to last discount before V4 Mega Excellence Git Gud version comes out.
How come no one's asking what's new in V4?

That's because we all know what it will do....

nZPM2Y.gif

Diggfinger

Arcane
What do you consider "drama"?

I mean Cleve is pretty opinionated and has an often dissenting view (from the mainstream) but that should make a good and interesting interview. No?

Since I don't think that any codex egdelords would take part in the interview to bait him it should be a halfway civil affair. I don't expect any epic cleve rants (sadly).

It would be really sad if all potential interviewers refuse because of fear of the sjw mob.

I talked to Cleve and Matt about an interview way back in 2017.

Matt was all for it, but told me he never heard back from Cleve. I believe the two had a brief mail-exchange.

Asked Matt again in Feb 2019, but things fizzled out once more.

Perhaps one day...when Cleve deems us ready....

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
Are there intentional parallels and symbolism within the game that relate to the story, the structure of the maps, and the seemingly erratic ways certain NPCs behave? Or did I merely break some NPCs?

Viata

Arcane
This game is great. It's so fucking great it start great instead of most rpgs where it's slow and then gets good. You could even argue the intro part is the most well developed of all(probably because of the demo :lol::lol::lol:), but damn, what a game.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
This game is great. It's so fucking great it start great instead of most rpgs where it's slow and then gets good. You could even argue the intro part is the most well developed of all(probably because of the demo :lol::lol::lol:), but damn, what a game.
The game stays good throughout with the exception of the anime girls and other anime-looking things. In fact, the game would be even better if Cleve could replace all of the anime filth with stylistically consistent art for V4.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I like them but I rarely finish them, but this one also has me hooked and I think it'll be the first I'll finish in a long time.
Well if it's 600 hours I doubt I'll finish it, but I'll try my hardest

More like 100-150 hours if you're really thorough. A lot depends on how many random encounters you activate - if it is a lot, you could probably double that playtime to 200-300 hours.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Did you complete the game from all different starts? Did you get 100% of all maps? Just curious about that many hours logged.

Most importantly, did you discover new areas altogether on your playthroughs that you never knew existed until after you completed the game? I really liked that in Wizardry 7 when I replayed it. If there was any consistent feature in RPGs I would like there to be totally optional areas you can only discover when replaying it. The thing that ruins blobbers for me is when they feel like you are on rails. In the replay you feel like you are going down the exact same rails again and I rarely replay it through to the end if the game feels this way. Bards Tale (early DOS) feels like this, so it had little replay value for me. Also Questron and similar ilk - you finish them once and instead of being keen to play it through again (Bane/Crusaders) you feel like there is nothing left you have not seen in it.

The coolest replay I had of Wiz 7 was going straight to the ocean and swimming across it. Changed everything in the game it seemed and I swam back completely levelled up. I do the same thing in FALLOUT NEW VEGAS by going straight to Big MT at start and leaving that maxed out.

Dorateen

Arcane

Did you complete the game from all different starts? Did you get 100% of all maps? Just curious about that many hours logged.

This is just one playthrough, starting from Briarpatch Woods and includes the V2 content. So a couple of areas, I was locked out of but the maps I did explore were 100%. Combat was set to frequent, and I multi-classed all characters except one. I never played the beta and held off on the superdemo, this was a completely new and fresh experience for me. The non-linearity of the game, especially after finishing Samhain, is one of the high points. It's immediately apparent that the player has an enormous degree of agency to go wherever they want. Absolutely liberating.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom