Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play: Mines of Titan

Codex Year of the Donut
(All images are upscaled 300% with no filter for reading purposes)
image.png

Let's jump right into it
image.png

image.png

That is lucky for us. We're sure to find someone to join our crew now that they have nothing to do. Although that doesn't seem like a very good thing, I wonder what the problem is.
mpv-shot0006.png

mpv-shot0007-or8.png

Well, dear Codex, I now need you to pick backgrounds for my new recruits. I have no idea how many I'm supposed to recruit.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
4 to 6 from the looks of it, including the party leader. Make a cop for me and call him Richter, please.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
For role-playing purposes, 1 should be having the mining background. Blue collar bros FTW.

edit: spelling

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Well, let's get back into it.

Something feels... wrong. Off. Like milk that's been left out for too long. I've never seen them shut down operations before. And there's a lot of vagrants around these days... My gut tells me I should bring a police officer with me.

mpv-shot0002-or8.png

mpv-shot0003-or8.png

mpv-shot0004-or8.png

Seems they decided to use the Traveller RPG lifestory character creation process. Neat.
He seems tough, strong. Good with a cudgel, nice for beating away the riff-raff. He says his name is Richter, and he's looking for work. Good enough for me.

I should bring more with me. I paused to look around... there doesn't seem to be anyone else here. Maybe I can try elsewhere.

mpv-shot0005-or8.png

Ah, a terminal. I'll check in on the recent happenings, maybe it will shed some light.

mpv-shot0006-or8.png

mpv-shot0008-or8.png

mpv-shot0009-or8.png

mpv-shot0010-or8.png

mpv-shot0011-or8.png

Hmm... nothing too interesting.

Not sure what to make of this, but it sure is strange.

mpv-shot0013-or8.png

Guess I'll check the classifieds.
mpv-shot0014-or8.png

String of job opportunities. I'll write that down to remember.
:updatedmytxt:

Hmm.. this part is restricted.
mpv-shot0015-or8.png

...Woops. I'm sure it's nothing big.
mpv-shot0017-or8.png

Before I go, I should check the public mail.
mpv-shot0019-or8.png

This Cybil person sure seems to need their job done fast. Offering good credits...
mpv-shot0020-or8.png

mpv-shot0021-or8.png

:backawayslowly:

...Moving on.

Some hoodlums, eh? I'll teach them a lesson for walking in my path!

mpv-shot0030-or8.png

mpv-shot0032-or8.png

Hey, it's a tactical blobber like the Goldbox games. Neat.

Richter got the worst of that scum, we should stop in at the hospital to have his injuries looked at.
mpv-shot0033-or8.png

This must be a European hospital.
mpv-shot0034-or8.png

An army barracks? Wonder if I can find some people looking for work there.
mpv-shot0035-or8.png

WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THIS BARRACKS?!
mpv-shot0036-or8.png

mpv-shot0038-or8.png

Hmm... are we just keeping strange green barrels around now?

A law abiding citizen. Hello, citizen.
mpv-shot0040-or8.png

mpv-shot0041-or8.png

Ah, the munitions store. This is where Cybil must be.
mpv-shot0056-or8.png

mpv-shot0057-or8.png

Older broad, must be in her 40s or so. Hair the color of wild fire, eyes the color of ice... eyes that pierce right through you looking into your soul... this dame knows what she wants.
mpv-shot0058-or8.png

mpv-shot0059-or8.png

5000 smackers? I can't say no to that, darling. I need the money.

mpv-shot0061-or8.png

mpv-shot0062-or8.png

These nomads sound like bad dudes, and this Boz like the baddest of them. I probably don't want to get into a tussle with him. Nobody with the name Boz would be a wimp in a fight, bullied too much as a kid.

I'll pick myself up a new gun on the way out. I need to be prepared. .357 revolver, just the kind of stopping power I need.

mpv-shot0066-or8.png

Repair shop, eh? Might as well stop inside.
mpv-shot0067-or8.png

mpv-shot0069-or8.png

mpv-shot0070-or8.png

I tried to throw some credits to the old man at the counter but he was tight lipped. Never seen a man turn his nose up to good credits like that before, wonder what has him so spooked.

mpv-shot0071-or8.png

Training center? Richter and I could use a bit of practice.

mpv-shot0072-or8.png

mpv-shot0073-or8.png

mpv-shot0074-or8.png

mpv-shot0075-or8.png

mpv-shot0077-or8.png

What? ...oh, It's one of those old-timey DRMs isn't it?! Cute!
LhCsPQM.png

Hah, everyone knows the PTech F-4, standard training weapon. 386mm barrel length, of course.

mpv-shot0079-or8.png

My aim is still as perfect as ever. I could bullseye a coyote from five miles away using a pea shooter.
mpv-shot0080-or8.png

mpv-shot0081-or8.png

Gas leaks?
mpv-shot0083-or8.png

Something smells funny, and it's not the gas.
mpv-shot0082-or8.png

I should stop in and check for some fresh recruits.
mpv-shot0084-or8.png

mpv-shot0086-or8.png

--
Intermission!
New backgrounds available if you guys wanted to update your pick. Otherwise, Infinite Ron the Merchant is next.

Codex Year of the Donut
BTW to anyone who wanted to do their own LP, I'm just using the dosbox capture feature to record to video and then going back through to screenshot the interesting parts. No idea how other people do it, but it's working fine so far for me.

Luka-boy

Arcane
New backgrounds available if you guys wanted to update your pick. Otherwise, Infinite Ron the Merchant is next.
I appreciate the offer, but I don't see any epic classes like Corporate Slave, Journalist or Janitor in that list, so Merchant it is for good old Infinite Ron :)

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
mpv-shot0003-or8.png

mpv-shot0004-or8.png

Ah, good times, good times. Richter's looking forward to continue his lifelong career of training in cudgel skill on every perp available :salute:

mpv-shot0071-or8.png

Like this one, for example, totally needs some proper cudgeling :cool:.

Codex Year of the Donut
is this dead?
no, I have the footage for the next segment but I have to chop it up and it's not my most favorite thing in the world.
I like the game so I'll most likely finish it, might just take a bit because of the chopping up part

Utfärd

Early game is sort of a slog where you have to kill a lot of trash mobs for very poor loot. I found it necessary to prioritise getting the third level medkit as soon as possible (doesn't deplete with use) to keep the healing costs from out-scaling my income. There are some tricks to get a ton of money early on (savescum kosmik keno which I find dishonourable or hire a bunch of rich characters such as merchants and scientists and take their cash after one battle then dump them and repeat). I did the latter and could buy some decent armour and weapons. There is also quite substantial scaling to party size in regards to the encounters so early on I found it better to play with only two guys to avoid getting constantly swarmed. Anyway, nice LP, would be fun to see if completed!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom