Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I think Beast Rider 4 with Armiger1(Demonbane Cleric2?) and HK should be fine when they get Pentamic fixed.

I really like having access to Shake it Off + Tactician or to give Summons Outflank.

Last edited:

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Edited this portrait from nexus, if anyone wants to use. Wanted to make a shield basher MC but changed my mind, now it feels like a waste.

JEaRa1r.png
IRRz12e.png
PGzRltE.png

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
I am just being spoiled by Aeon + Full BAB Class that I am not sure how will I play with next Mythic Path, especially if I plan to play on Hard. 2 rounds of full physical immunities + free 6 AB to whole party and -6 to all enemies, Aeon Bane dispelling everything, hits like a truck, free Divine Casting to self buff even more. Literally just got Legendary Proportioned, dimension door to mid of enemies, laugh at their attempt to hit you, then in the next 6 seconds obliterate everything. Anything that survive will have 0 buff and be easy picking.

Just did secret boss of DLC1 and get out with 0 scratch and kill the boss in less than 15 seconds, just 1 full attack to kill the guy.

I should've saved this Aeon Monk stuff for Hard :negative:

To make it insulting it's not even a "fancy big brain build" literally just generic monk build with few level of Bloodrager to get Mirror image. Aeon is just that stupid strong.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
I just started with Demonslayer MC, plan is to use Vital Strike with Wide Sweep for groups and Jinx single target. Can't decide between Demon and Aeon. Demonic Charge is a move action into Vital Strike, which is rly nice. You guys got any input?

Edit: Also is Rowdy dip worth it with Sense Vitals?

Desiderius

Patron
Every Mythic path has broken things it can do and the non-broken things you and the companions can do are usually good enough anyway.

Dealing 3375 damage per round or whatever is solving a problem that doesn’t exist.

Parabalus

Arcane
Did they fix Cleaving Finish copying the triggering attack?

So a GVS with a reach weapon used to do 3k crits to the whole screen.

Desiderius

Patron
SancSlayer4/Gendarme4(Cockatrice)/SancSlayer8 with Animal Domain and Trickster gets you everything (Pounce + Swift Hop) at lvl 12/Mythic4 plus Community or Nobility on top of Travel and Animal with auto-Shaken to boot from Persuasion Trick 1 and Acolyte (Wis to Persuasion). You're also swimming in Feats and save a Mythic from not needing Impossible Domain.

Plus you still get all the good INQ stuff: WIS to Initiative, Perception/Intimidation per lvl/2, Solo Tactics, so I can't fault you for going that way.

Divine Hunter is probably a better fit for Aeon (although Bane use stacking is handy) since it saves the Mythic you'd have to spend on Impossible by avoiding Animal Domain altogether and gives you a better spell mix that also frees up the Cam/Aru slot which is big in it's own way. You can either do the Gendarme splash there as well to get Pounce earlier or stay pure to develop your (better) spells and (worse) class abilities. At the end of the day all the extra feats just get you there earlier rather than being essential to class function.

Crucially it comes with Martial Proficiency so can be played without a splash or burning a feat for it, unlike the Inquisitors.

I think Hellknight is the only full BAB class that can get a Domain, or is supposed to. If you're very patient (end of Fane for Domain Zealot) you can get it from Trickster on any class though.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Biggest problem with STR Kitsune and a 3/4 BAB class is it will miss a lot early but the second level Outflank helps a good bit there. Or it would if it worked.
Funny enough, there is nothing in description indicating that both Hunter and her pet will get the feat.
JFIBLOw.png
And that's description from d20pfsrd (worked this way in Kingmaker mod too):
At 2nd level, a hunter chooses either Precise Shot or Outflank as a bonus feat. She does not need to meet the prerequisites for this feat. If she chooses Outflank, she automatically grants this feat to her animal companion as well.
So it is not strictly a bug. Looks like those assholes consciously adapted it out deciding that it is not worth the time wasted on coding because Hunter will share Outflank anyway at lvl 3. And fucked up Divine and Urban Hunter, who sacrifice teamwork feat sharing, in process.
Same thing with Hunter's auto-access to Summon Nature's Ally 1-6 spells, that makes one guy from Steam forum very very sad.

Precise Companion is THE thing that makes Hunter a true Ranger/Druid hybrid instead of just a crappy Druid. It really is that good.

Either like a Ranger you’re effective in Ranged combat at lvl 2 (which a Druid might never be) or you’re even a little ahead of a Ranger in melee since you get Outflank way ahead of everybody. But if your pet doesn’t get it you don’t either since nobody else will for several levels.

Just such a cluster.

Desiderius

Patron
"The DC for most mythic abilities now is 10 + half character level + mythic rank + max ability modifier"

Anyone know what exactly this applies to? Doesn't apply to spells (if anyone can explain where those DCs and slot numbers come from that would be a big help) and the Aeongaze saves helpfully don't show up in the Combat Log AFAICT.

Desiderius

Patron
Are they limited in deity/Domain picks? Can they get Animal? Can they get Impossible Domain?

Regill can currently get Travel Domain, but not Impossible Domain, even after he has his first Domain, so no Animals (probably why he doesn't get it).

Full BAB Animal Domain is Trickster only.

Druids can get Animal Domain, but don't get Impossible either.

The ability says only Clerics may take it, but Inquisitors and Divine Hunter can also take it, while Hellknight and Druid can't. Non-Reg HKs can't get a Domain at all, even if they take Godclaw Order.

This game is Calvinball.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Reg should at least be able to Mount his crappy Tracker Wolf.

Desiderius

Patron
Battle/Nature Oracle Trickster would be a pretty cool way to do it if you go that way.

Alright I’ll go back to one post per day.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
New dlc question:

how did you deal with death on eight legs plus spider friends?
Also I was attacked during camping by a bapthomet cultist, and got a masterwork glaive+chainshirt! Is this intended? Seems too good

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
New dlc question:

how did you deal with death on eight legs plus spider friends?
Also I was attacked during camping by a bapthomet cultist, and got a masterwork glaive+chainshirt! Is this intended? Seems too good

Regarding resting and getting attacked, yeah I guess it is an oversight. Masterwork item are rare and you shouldnt get it until the last part of the DLC.

Regarding death on 8 legs, there really is nothing you need there (the big prize is cooking recipe) but I did manage to kill it on Core through liberal application of lube Grease, so it require you to have arcane caster there. Outside of that you can get to level 2 in cave by opening the last door but not proceeding. Resting after you get level 2 should make it much2 easier.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are they limited in deity/Domain picks? Can they get Animal? Can they get Impossible Domain?

Regill can currently get Travel Domain, but not Impossible Domain, even after he has his first Domain, so no Animals (probably why he doesn't get it).

Full BAB Animal Domain is Trickster only.

Druids can get Animal Domain, but don't get Impossible either.

The ability says only Clerics may take it, but Inquisitors and Divine Hunter can also take it, while Hellknight and Druid can't. Non-Reg HKs can't get a Domain at all, even if they take Godclaw Order.

This game is Calvinball.

Ah yes, I remember trying to take it on Druid - and being very disappointed. Also too bad about Hellknights. Oh well, thank you very much for testing, Desiderius.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Look like Owlcat had done something to the pathfinding calculation for the Charge. Previously even tiniest piece of trash on the way meant no charge for you, but now my doggy jumping through uneven terrain like it nothing.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm torn between picking this up again from where I left off or starting anew. I don't even remember what class I played. It's just that the game is so damn long :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom