Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Diablo Immortal is mobilizing to the PC

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Blizzard Entertainment; Diablo Immortal

PC Gamer has some info about the prospects of Diablo Immortal, that mobile game that pissed everyone off, coming to the PC platform. Apparently the target date is June 2nd. Here's a snippet:

The action RPG will be making its way to PC in open beta on June 2, the same day as its full release on iOS and Android. There'll also be cross-play and cross-progression between both platforms, so you can play on the go and then pick up where you left off on your desktop. It's a surprise move considering Blizzard had focused so heavily on perfecting the game for mobile. The game's initial announcement irked an awful lot of Diablo fans, which came at a time when many were expecting news on the much-anticipated Diablo 4. The reveal faced hefty backlash with fans accusing Blizzard of forgetting its roots, calling it a "slap in the face" and claiming that Blizzard had "spit in the faces" of the community.

I still have yet to get Diablo III or Diablo II: Resurrected. I played the Hell out of the first and second one when they came out, and I still enjoy a bit of Torchlight 2, but the offerings from Blizzard haven't really appealed to me much.

Thanks, Vortex!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Oh wow, a fucking mobile port, exactly what PC gamers want.

I've seen a reddit thread listing how many fucking types of in-game currency (bought by $$$) are in the game.

This is another reason why I could care less about this thing. There's already a few moderate to pretty good Diablo like games that are "free" with a cash shop. I'd be willing to bet those are a heck of a lot less exploitive than what Blizzard will do with this.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
..... before I even thought of buying DI.

QGdgozs.png

yep... ouch if you buy this. Butthurt terror beyond you can possibly imagine. Even the Lord of Terror itself was shocked.
eJ1JNDQ.jpg

Is that a blood pip boy demon?

Last edited:

Late Bloomer

Scholar
So crossplay just ensures the game will be as crap as it can possibly be on pc too. That camera distance is extraordinarily close. Absolute shit. Microsoft should have waited to purchase Activsion, just to be able to let price go down even more.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Was this intended to be announced at the start of the month and delayed?

Maybe they thought announcing this mobile game would counter this news a bit :|

For the quarter ended March 31, 2022, Activision Blizzard’s net revenues presented in accordance with GAAP were $1.77 billion, as compared with $2.28 billion for the first quarter of 2021.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The announce trailer for pc was filmed in Detroit I do believe. Its always Paladin/Crusader types. For the feint of heart, I do apologize about the thumbnail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom